Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Related to the above SPORT rumor about verratti, here's the important translated part of the interview he had with Le_Parisien:
Le_Parisien: There's a lot of rumors about you. Real, Barca, Juve... If you lose against Chelsea, will it push you to join another club?

Verratti: Those rumors make me smile. They go in one of my ear and out the other. To me, staying in Paris is the best thing. When I feel good in a home, I don't see why I should think about leaving. I am young, I have the full confidence of the club and I want to spend lots of time here. That said, if one day the club says to me that they don't count on me anymore, then we will see. But that's not the case at all at the moment.

(Gonna translate the full interview and post it in the verratti thread later today when I'm back at home.)

Last edited:
L

linetty

Braida has discussed situation Pogba with Juventus director Marotta. Barcelona want signing in summer, loan back to Juventus until Jan. [md]

Would rather Verratti.

Bertus

Braida has discussed situation Pogba with Juventus director Marotta. Barcelona want signing in summer, loan back to Juventus until Jan. [md]

Would rather Verratti.
And here goes the infos from SPORT, totally the opposite of MD :rofl1:

Would rather verratti too, but so far only BS are fueling the catalan medias as far as verratti is concerned.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

Would rather Verratti.

Me too, but I think a Pogba deal will most likely happen. PSG are difficult to deal with as we all know through the summers of chasing Thiago Silva and Marquinhos, while Juve already know they won't be able to keep Pogba for much longer and a sale will improve their financial status considerably. If we do get him and loan him back to Juve until January, they can ease Gerson, a player they've been chasing since last summer and someone we've been rumoured to look at recently, into the team slowly in the first half of the season, while they can hold onto one of their key players of the last few years a little while longer.

Bertus

Me too, but I think a Pogba deal will most likely happen. PSG are difficult to deal with as we all know through the summers of chasing Thiago Silva and Marquinhos, while Juve already know they won't be able to keep Pogba for much longer and a sale will improve their financial status considerably. If we do get him and loan him back to Juve until January, they can ease Gerson, a player they've been chasing since last summer and someone we've been rumoured to look at recently, into the team slowly in the first half of the season, while they can hold onto one of their key players of the last few years a little while longer.

Many clubs are ready to buy Pogba (Real for example). The question is why would Juve make a complicated deal like that when they can do it the normal way with other rich clubs.

Also, no one here is wondering what the players would think. Are you really sure that Pogba or Verratti would like to be part of a clusterfuck of a deal like the ones Barca is offering?

I am not sure at all.

Also, Juve would want a replacement to pogba this summer because it's extremely limited to buy any good players in winter. And if they buy one, it's not to bench him. So they would need to bench either Pogba or their new recruit.

Till proven wrong, I feel that Barca will not get their very top targets because they ask way too much to realize those transfers because of the ban.

Be fair, try to be neutral, and ask yourself if it's really as easy as SPORT and MD make it out to be.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

To be honest, a 50m euros transfer budget isn't that much considering we're going to miss the summer window. But saying that, it's Sport and they don't know what they're talking about most of the time.

Kohe321

Many clubs are ready to buy Pogba (Real for example). The question is why would Juve make a complicated deal like that when they can do it the normal way with other rich clubs.

Also, no one here is wondering what the players would think. Are you really sure that Pogba or Verratti would like to be part of a clusterfuck of a deal like the ones Barca is offering?

I am not sure at all.

Also, Juve would want a replacement to pogba this summer because it's extremely limited to buy any good players in winter. And if they buy one, it's not to bench him. So they would need to bench either Pogba or their new recruit.

Till proven wrong, I feel that Barca will not get their very top targets because they ask way too much to realize those transfers because of the ban.

Be fair, try to be neutral, and ask yourself if it's really as easy as SPORT and MD make it out to be.

Yeah this is a very complicating situation. The main thing that could make Juve accept such an untraditional transfer would be if Pogba didn't want to go to any other club than Barca in the same way as Neymar or Suarez, something that I don't think we have any reason to think when it comes to Pogba?

Going after Verratti sadly just reeks of being an exercise in futility like the TS saga. Last thing we need to do is waste time like that again in a summer where doing any deals will be even harder than usual because of our special situation.

Kasperroed

I bet this will be our XI from august 2016:

----------- T. Stegen ------------
Danilo -- Pique -- Bartra -- Alba
------------ Busquets ------------
----- Pogba -------- Rafinha ----
Messi ------ Suarez ----- Neymar

Bench: Bravo, Mascherano, Montoya, Samper, Rackitic, Iniesta, Pedro

However, i could see Samper take a spot before then. He is amazing, really. In addition i am not quite sure about Iniesta - hopefully he is still great at that point.

My 'Dream XI' for summer 2016 would be a bit diffrent:

------------ T. Stegen -------------
Danilo -- Pique -- Laporte -- Alba
----- Busquets ---- Samper ------
- Messi ------ Koke ---- Neymar -
-------------- Suarez --------------

Last edited:
L

linetty

I bet this will be our XI from august 2016:

----------- T. Stegen ------------
Danilo -- Pique -- Bartra -- Alba
------------ Busquets ------------
----- Pogba -------- Rafinha ----
Messi ------ Suarez ----- Neymar

Bench: Bravo, Mascherano, Montoya, Samper, Rackitic, Iniesta, Pedro

However, i could see Samper take a spot before then. He is amazing, really. In addition i am not quite sure about Iniesta - hopefully he is still great at that point.

My 'Dream XI' for summer 2016 would be a bit diffrent:

------------ T. Stegen -------------
Danilo -- Pique -- Laporte -- Alba
----- Busquets ---- Samper ------
- Messi ------ Reus ---- Neymar -
-------------- Suarez --------------
Pogba-Rafinha? Thanks but no thanks, completely no control in midfield. Not to mention the other one, even worse. What makes you think Iniesta won't be a starter in 2016?

Kasperroed

Pogba-Rafinha? Thanks but no thanks, completely no control in midfield. Not to mention the other one, even worse. What makes you think Iniesta won't be a starter in 2016?

Argh, did i write Reus... I meant Koke, of course. With Koke, Busquets and Samper i do not see any problems concerning control in midfield. Actually, that might be a better combination in terms of ball-control than Busi/Rackitic/Iniesta.

I think that Iniesta has been 'off-the-mark' for quite some time now. He does not get any younger, so i would not dare to count on him in 2016 as a regular starter. I just hope that he proves me wrong. He is an oustanding player when he is in form. Still remember him in WC 2010. Legend.

G

Gasgas

Ter stegen
Danilo bartra. Laporte. Alba
Samper. Busquets rakitic
messi suarez neymar

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

I am not sure at all.

I can imagine they'd keep one of their key players for a little longer without upsetting him, but that's just my take on it. You have a point about the player's decision - Pogba will probably have multiple offers to choose from and there's no given that he will choose us, since he'll have to wait 5-6 months to play for Barca, especially if he already he has mind made up about leaving this summer.

Given our dealings the last couple of summers, of course it's not going to be that easy, but he is more realistic than Koke or Verratti IMO. As for Juve's replacement for Pogba, as I said before, I think Gerson will be Pogba's long term successor and they will get him in the summer rather than get a 1:1 replacement. Maybe Sturaro too to relieve some of the pressure of him.

Egert

Estonian Culé
MaTS
Danilo-Pique-Bartra-Alba
Raki-Busi-Pogba
Leo-Suarez-Ney

If we go for Pogba ofc, but personally can't see it happening.

zanela

Not seen much of Savic at Fiorentina but didnt look great at Man City.

Thats an understatement. He was horrible. Must 've improved at Viola, but ought to be substantial one, to be in consideration for a big club, as I never saw in him any quality that actually stood out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans