Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Benatia should have been bought last summer, but our board was sleeping at the wheel while Roma made a move on him. Now he's impossible to sign for anything less than 25 m. Roma made an ideal transfer with Mehdi, while we're saying the same BS: "we don't need a CB". All I can say is that, hopefully, there won't be another big defeat in CL to prove that we do.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Benatia should have been bought last summer, but our board was sleeping at the wheel while Roma made a move on him. Now he's impossible to sign for anything less than 25 m. Roma made an ideal transfer with Mehdi, while we're saying the same BS: "we don't need a CB". All I can say is that, hopefully, there won't be another big defeat in CL to prove that we do.

25 million? No way. They sold Marquinhos for 35 million and they're not about to sell an in prime Benatia for any less than that.

Cule4life

The Culest
Dont be shocked if this is our transfer plan- Dont get anyone in the winter. In the summer get Reina. Extend Puyol's and Mascherano's contract till 2020

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah.. The doom and gloom. Last time I checked, Barca were top of the table.
I'd definitely like to see Barca sign a defender but I also think the board and Tata acted decently when they decided to wait for Puyol. And also, had we signed a defender this summer, Bartra surely wouldn't gotten his chance.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Ah.. The doom and gloom. Last time I checked, Barca were top of the table.
I'd definitely like to see Barca sign a defender but I also think the board and Tata acted decently when they decided to wait for Puyol. And also, had we signed a defender this summer, Bartra surely wouldn't gotten his chance.

Legitimately though, we could use another centerback or two, especially to avoid being hurt by injuries to Pique/Bartra/Mascherano.

Trickykid

Legitimately though, we could use another centerback or two, especially to avoid being hurt by injuries to Pique/Bartra/Mascherano.

One should suffice, really. If the rumours are to believed, I doubt that we can count much on Puyi, sadly, but we still have Piqué, Bartra and Masch. Four qualified options for 2 spots should do the trick, as I see it. Then again, I'm not exactly one of those, who throw tantrums that would make Cronaldo proud whenever Masch enters the field as a cb.

OMG WTF MASCH AS CB AGAIN DIE TATA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
:lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
One should suffice, really. If the rumours are to believed, I doubt that we can count much on Puyi, sadly, but we still have Piqué, Bartra and Masch. Four qualified options for 2 spots should do the trick, as I see it. Then again, I'm not exactly one of those, who throw tantrums that would make Cronaldo proud whenever Masch enters the field as a cb.

OMG WTF MASCH AS CB AGAIN DIE TATA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
:lol:

The second cb would be for when/if Masche is sold to Napoli. But as long as the cb pairing complement each other rather than compound on each other's weaknesses, we should be fine. I'm surprised we haven't tried Bartra-Mascherano yet this season. Or have we and did I just not notice?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You're not going to get 2 CBs in a January market. Even though the team does need 2 CBs for the near future, it isn't realistic to expect both of them to come this January. The best idea is to find a quality option for a relative low price now, and look for the big CB signing in the summer.

But make no mistake though, the team does need 2 CBs going forward. They only have 2 dependable CBs right now, and they are overrated up-and-down Pique, and young still green Bartra. Puyol can no longer be counted upon, and Mascherano is just not a CB, he's just an experiment done out of necessity, that has stayed for too long and been used far too much.

The Musacchio option is a good one. Quality with adequate experience than can be obtained at a reasonable price. He is a good option for depth now, while still having enough upside and potential to perhaps be more in the future. It is a low risk need, with potential greater reward.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD shooting down the Courtois to Barcelona rumour, a rumour they posted themselves the day before :blush:...claiming that while the club recognizes his talent, is not a fit for what Barcelona requires and it is the player who is pushing for the move rather than the club pursuing him...Meanwhile, they reiterated that Ter Stegen does fit the profile

Pretty much what I've felt for a year now

MarkYaeger

I do know that we NEED a CB, but the predicament we're in is a tough one. Bartra is growing incredibly well and we have to give him confidence with minutes. Any CB we go and get, will cost a lot of $$$ so they're not gonna wanna sit it out and rotate, and it wouldn't make sense for us to bench a high-priced transfer. So then you're stuck with a moral dilemma of potentially stunting Bartra's growth, pissing off Pique, or letting go of Masche. Not to mention giving an early retirement option to Puyol. This is all if we sign a high-profile CB. 6 months ago I wouldn't have said this, but I really must agree with Tata.. no CB for now, let it play out a bit more IMO.

Unless Musacchio changes his name to Mustacchio and grows a, well.... mustache.. :pep:

Last edited:

MarkYaeger

Anyone we sign won't wanna sit around and wait for one of them to get hurt or to rotate and play hopefully 20mins per week I think.

Cule4life

The Culest
I do know that we NEED a CB, but the predicament we're in is a tough one. Bartra is growing incredibly well and we have to give him confidence with minutes. Any CB we go and get, will cost a lot of $$$ so they're not gonna wanna sit it out and rotate, and it wouldn't make sense for us to bench a high-priced transfer. So then you're stuck with a moral dilemma of potentially stunting Bartra's growth, pissing off Pique, or letting go of Masche. Not to mention giving an early retirement option to Puyol. This is all if we sign a high-profile CB. 6 months ago I wouldn't have said this, but I really must agree with Tata.. no CB for now, let it play out a bit more IMO.

Unless Musacchio changes his name to Mustacchio and grows a, well.... mustache.. :pep:

God no.
As much as i love Puyi he is finished and cant be counted on now. Masch should be moved to DM or sold. The new CB, Bartra and Pique will compete for 2 spots plus there will be enough rotation to give them all sufficient minutes so nobody will be unhappy. Masch or Puyol can be the 4th choice for this season. Next season retire Puyol and buy another CB to have 4 good options.

With your kind of attitude we wont win the CL. Our team is unbalanced. We need reinforcements now. Don't know about you but I close my eyes every time their is a corner or a set piece against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans