Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawanme10

Tata has always expressed a need for CF I believe right from the beginning.
Is it possible that we'll go for Lewandowski?

MrKnowitAlll

I do know that we NEED a CB, but the predicament we're in is a tough one. Bartra is growing incredibly well and we have to give him confidence with minutes. Any CB we go and get, will cost a lot of $$$ so they're not gonna wanna sit it out and rotate, and it wouldn't make sense for us to bench a high-priced transfer. So then you're stuck with a moral dilemma of potentially stunting Bartra's growth, pissing off Pique, or letting go of Masche. Not to mention giving an early retirement option to Puyol. This is all if we sign a high-profile CB. 6 months ago I wouldn't have said this, but I really must agree with Tata.. no CB for now, let it play out a bit more IMO.

Unless Musacchio changes his name to Mustacchio and grows a, well.... mustache.. :pep:

i agree.

People talking about 4 solid CB's... name me a team that has 4 solid CB's ?

real madrid - they have 3 ... same as us ( Pique / Bartra / Masch )
bayern - again they have 3 ( Dante , Boateng and Badstuber)
chelsea - 3 ... ( Luiz , Terry and Cahill )
dortmund - they have 2 and no sokratis is not that good.
psg - they have same as us 3. silva , alex and marquinhos.

most european clubs have 3 good solid CB's. they realise that all you need is 2 really good CB's. one established as of the best CB's in the world and the other an up n coming young CB.
the 3rd needs to a good dependent CB who is patient and good enough to play when needed. and a fourth who will barely play but is there eg , van buyten (bayern) , camara ( psg ) , nacho ( madrid ) and puyol.

iam not saying we dont need a CB , iam saying we dont need one now. because i am sure masch wont wanna play as a 4th cb when Napoli wants him. and i am sure you wont find a player on the market who wants to play in that position expect a player from your own club. also you really think a player of pique's calibar will want to sit on the bench? soon you will have masch , bartra , and maybe even pique leaving. then you will have a real problem on your hands.

if the board follows people on this forum we would have no stability

PhilS

No squad changes in January, the pickings are always slim in winter and management is satisfied with the current squad.

If Barca is really going to pick up 4 or 5 players next summer, only one of those is likely to step into the regular rotation. As of now, the club is saying one one keeper is coming, but they are saying that to reassure their two main targets that only one of them will be signed. After the new #1 keeper joins up signed, Pinto will go away and either a youngster or a backup-type will come in to replace him.

Puyol will be replaced, but likely by a #4 CB level player, not by a huge star. Since Barca does require DM-type skills from their CBs, this could be someone known more as a DM.

The fourth and fifth new players are also likely to be attempts to upgrade the fringes of the roster. Tello has not impressed Tata too much, maybe he should go on loan next year. I could see Song being switched for someone who really can play more than one position at Barca backup level. And/or Montoya being replaced by a combo FB/CB to help on corners.

Howes

No one in January and Musacchio and Ter Stegan in the summer would seem to be sensible business. Don't see the club spending Neymars style money for a while. Those two would improve the squad and both be cheap.
Would quite like a proper number 9 big man up front but with Messi on the way back I don't think it'll be worth it

Maybe Song out depending on who's interested and Puyol retiring. Not flashy and probably not what you want to hear, but sensible cheap signings

F

Flavia

MD shooting down the Courtois to Barcelona rumour, a rumour they posted themselves the day before :blush:...claiming that while the club recognizes his talent, is not a fit for what Barcelona requires and it is the player who is pushing for the move rather than the club pursuing him...Meanwhile, they reiterated that Ter Stegen does fit the profile

Pretty much what I've felt for a year now

I think courtois would also be a good fit.

i agree.

People talking about 4 solid CB's... name me a team that has 4 solid CB's ?

real madrid - they have 3 ... same as us ( Pique / Bartra / Masch )
bayern - again they have 3 ( Dante , Boateng and Badstuber)
chelsea - 3 ... ( Luiz , Terry and Cahill )
dortmund - they have 2 and no sokratis is not that good.
psg - they have same as us 3. silva , alex and marquinhos.

most european clubs have 3 good solid CB's. they realise that all you need is 2 really good CB's. one established as of the best CB's in the world and the other an up n coming young CB.
the 3rd needs to a good dependent CB who is patient and good enough to play when needed. and a fourth who will barely play but is there eg , van buyten (bayern) , camara ( psg ) , nacho ( madrid ) and puyol.

iam not saying we dont need a CB , iam saying we dont need one now. because i am sure masch wont wanna play as a 4th cb when Napoli wants him. and i am sure you wont find a player on the market who wants to play in that position expect a player from your own club. also you really think a player of pique's calibar will want to sit on the bench? soon you will have masch , bartra , and maybe even pique leaving. then you will have a real problem on your hands.

if the board follows people on this forum we would have no stability

I think anyone who says 2, are counting Puyol and Masch out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona coach Tata Martino has told the club they shouldn't sign anyone during the January transfer window. [sport]

Let's hope for a better summer.

Howes

If we're getting Musacchio, January would be the ideal time imo. He'll probably have renewed by summer.

Probably go for a pre contract agreement, and signing on a free or with very little compensation in the summer. Personally I think Bartra is a better player, but he'd be a great signing on a free :)

Neymessi

The decision has been taken. Marc-André Ter Stegen is chosen to become the replacement Víctor Valdés next season[sport]

So for the ones who have seen him play, how is he??

L

linetty

Despite new rumours, Barcelona already ruled out signing Courtois a while ago. Doesn't fit profile. Atletico have been informed. [md sport]

:facepalm:

Trickykid

The decision has been taken. Marc-André Ter Stegen is chosen to become the replacement Víctor Valdés next season[sport]

So for the ones who have seen him play, how is he??

Check out the Ter Stegen thread in the other payers forum. BorussiaBarcelona gave a great description of him around the 22th of December.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/8791-Marc-André-ter-Stegen?p=1139646&viewfull=1#post1139646
and...
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/8791-Marc-André-ter-Stegen?p=1139712&viewfull=1#post1139712

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans