Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

Deulofeu and Rafinha, now on loan at Everton and Celta, will return in the summer and be part of the first team squad next season. [md]

Great news if true.

Trickykid

Deulofeu and Rafinha, now on loan at Everton and Celta, will return in the summer and be part of the first team squad next season. [md]

Great news if true.

With Cuenca and probably Tello leaving, I can see Deulofeu returning, but Rafinha? As much as I like the kid, I just don't see him getting many minutes with our current crop of midfielders, and minutes is really what he needs. Actually, as much as it would hurt to lose the second Alcântara brother, I don't see many chances for him to make it at Barca at all. I mean, what position would he be groomed for? Sure, the first season or two, he could play where there's room, as he's fairly versatile, but then what? He's not really fit for playing on the wing in our current system, and as an attacking midfielder, we have both Iniesta and Fab duking it out for a spot. Could he play further down in midfield perhaps?
Luckily it's way, way too early to predict his future right now, and many things can happen with the squad over the next few years, but with his father in mind, and - like his brother - no real ties to the club, I could see him having a career elsewhere.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Great news if true.

I really don't see the reasoning behind this. The team has an abundance of wingers and offensive midfielders, why would you bring more? It would better serve the players and ultimately the team, for these 2 two stay on loan an additional year and get more experience and growth.

Deulofeu and Rafinha are 19 and 20, there should be absolutely no reason to rush them back, specially if their prospect at Barca is significantly reduced playing time compared to what they could get on their loaned teams.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
They'll probably try to shoehorn him into Xavi's role. And if he fails ship him off the season after.

Oh damn, I just remembered. Don't Suarez and Espinosa get promoted next season too? Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, Roberto, Suarez, Espinosa, Dos Santos, and Rafa for two spots. Where and how are we gonna play all these midfielders?

I would sell Dos Santos and loan Espinosa, Suarez, and Rafa.

Last edited:

Antimadridista1

Where is Rafinha gonna play ? lol
He should join his bro at Bayern.

I think that Deulo should stay another year at Everton, or come back in la Liga playing for a club like Malaga ; unless we sell one of Pedro/Tello.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans