Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Am I the only one who thinks we let him go too soon? Ah, and this is a december 28th thing from MD for sure.

No ,It was a downfall for him since he left ,we actually got way more money than that he deserves ,one more year and his price would have been much much lower,I hate Rosell but that was actually a good business from him

Is he even a starter at Shakhtar?

And what happened to journalism nowdays? :(

Innocent day man ,that is like April fool in Spain
I remember back during Rijkaard days they photo shoped a photo for Puyol giving him a shaved head saying he lost a bet when we lost to RM ,It went viral on the net and many legitimate sites thought it was true ,was hilarious tbh

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yep lol. The equivalent of April's fool day in Spain today.

Many such rumours and news to come out and as expected, many will fall for it again :lol:

barca1899

MaggieGWhyNot.gif

He can be our new goalkeeper :pep:

gun__1344416668_song_training.jpg

Alarcón

I really don't see the reasoning behind this. The team has an abundance of wingers and offensive midfielders, why would you bring more? It would better serve the players and ultimately the team, for these 2 two stay on loan an additional year and get more experience and growth.

Deulofeu and Rafinha are 19 and 20, there should be absolutely no reason to rush them back, specially if their prospect at Barca is significantly reduced playing time compared to what they could get on their loaned teams.

An abundance of wingers? Tello is obviously going to leave next summer, I doubt that he's happy with playing 10 matches per season and his lack of playing time clearly reflects in his performances. So we're left with 3 players for 2 positions (I hope you're not counting Cuenca and Afellay in). I wouldn't call that an abundance.

Concerning Rafinha, we have 6 players in midfield (without Dos Santos who will be gone next season) and Tata apparently doesn't particularly like Song, so it's possible he will leave too. Roberto has so far not shown that he's Barca material (and Rafinha was a lot better than him at Barca B so I don't doubt he will be above him in the pecking order), Suárez has yet to show that he adds something to the team and Xavi will be 34. Again, no abundance, and considering Rafinha's versatility and talent, he will get his minutes. Getting playing time at Barca and training with our team is always much better for the youngsters than with other teams because they are used to our playing style.

If you want to know what abundance means, look at Bayern's squad. Still, even they have managed to give their young players plenty of minutes, because they had a lot of injuries. A couple of players get injured and out youngsters suddenly get a lot more playing time, we saw that with Bartra and Montoya this season.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
An abundance of wingers? Tello is obviously going to leave next summer, I doubt that he's happy with playing 10 matches per season and his lack of playing time clearly reflects in his performances. So we're left with 3 players for 2 positions (I hope you're not counting Cuenca and Afellay in). I wouldn't call that an abundance.

Concerning Rafinha, we have 6 players in midfield (without Dos Santos who will be gone next season) and Tata apparently doesn't particularly like Song, so it's possible he will leave too. Roberto has so far not shown that he's Barca material (and Rafinha was a lot better than him at Barca B so I don't doubt he will be above him in the pecking order), Suárez has yet to show that he adds something to the team and Xavi will be 34. Again, no abundance, and considering Rafinha's versatility and talent, he will get his minutes. Getting playing time at Barca and training with our team is always much better for the youngsters than with other teams because they are used to our playing style.

If you want to know what abundance means, look at Bayern's squad. Still, even they have managed to give their young players plenty of minutes, because they had a lot of injuries. A couple of players get injured and out youngsters suddenly get a lot more playing time, we saw that with Bartra and Montoya this season.

I'm sure Rafa will get playtime, especially since he can play anywhere in the attack as well. It's just whether or not he will get the chance to consistently play in the midfield that I'm unsure of.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
would be harsh on Roberto IMO

Well Suarez and Rafinha are both better prospects than Roberto, the only thing is that Roberto would probably accept playing a background role in the squad whereas the others would only stay if they feel like they'll get to be starters in the future.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Abundance indeed. You've got 4 players for 2 position on the wings. The 4th choice is barely getting any playing time. Supposing Deulofeu takes Tello's spot, he can realistically expect to get his minutes, which will most likely mean very little playing time. Deulofeu would still be behind Neymar, Alexis and Pedro in the pecking order, just like Tello is now.

Considering also this team needs a true CF, and if Tata remains, the likelihood is they get one. That means an additional player to compete for playing time among forwards. It is entirely not a good idea to rush Deulofeu back from loan. Not a good one at all. He is only 19, why the rush?

As for Rafinha, he is an attacking midfielder and on Barca's system, we have currently 2 of those for 1 spot. Rafinha would make it 3 for 1, behind players he is almost impossible to overtake in the foreseeable future. Unless of course you mean to play Rafinha in positions that do not suit his skills as a deep lying creative midfielder or as a defensive midfielder.

Again, I see no reason to rush him back. None at all.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Abundance indeed. You've got 4 players for 2 position on the wings. The 4th choice is barely getting any playing time. Supposing Deulofeu takes Tello's spot, he can realistically expect to get his minutes, which will most likely mean very little playing time. Deulofeu would still be behind Neymar, Alexis and Pedro in the pecking order, just like Tello is now.

Considering also this team needs a true CF, and if Tata remains, the likelihood is they get one. That means an additional player to compete for playing time among forwards. It is entirely not a good idea to rush Deulofeu back from loan. Not a good one at all. He is only 19, why the rush?

As for Rafinha, he is an attacking midfielder and on Barca's system, we have currently 2 of those for 1 spot. Rafinha would make it 3 for 1, behind players he is almost impossible to overtake in the foreseeable future. Unless of course you mean to play Rafinha in positions that do not suit his skills as a deep lying creative midfielder or as a defensive midfielder.

Again, I see no reason to rush him back. None at all.

Deulofeu's already a better player than Tello and another half season in the PL will ensure further development. He will get more minutes than Tello did even though he'll be 4th choice and might even make his way up the pecking order. He'd obviously get a lot more time if he stayed on loan at Everton but it might be better for his integration into the team if he starts developing in his home environment with his future teammates. Rafinha will struggle to get adequate playing time though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Deulofeu's already a better player than Tello and another half season in the PL will ensure further development. He will get more minutes than Tello did even though he'll be 4th choice and might even make his way up the pecking order. He'd obviously get a lot more time if he stayed on loan at Everton but it might be better for his integration into the team if he starts developing in his home environment with his future teammates. Rafinha will struggle to get adequate playing time though.

Agreed. However IMO he'd see more benefit with more playing time in Everton, than less playing time here, even if it will be more than Tello's currently getting, and that is a big if. He is only 19, he'll have plenty of time to integrate himself, experience and growth is more important, and IMHO he'll get that more with an additional year loaned.

NeyMesSis

What about rafinha loaning out next season to everton! Next step in a very good lague with a very nice manager! I think this would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans