Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

Buying Verratti would be horrible imo, not because he's not good enough for us but because it is again a slap in the face of our youth. Thiago is up and coming and looks to be a star what do we do? Buy Cesc. Now its Samper coming up, already showed his talent in the first team looks ready to make the jump.

It amuses me seeing people rating Samper so high, that they don't want anyone to be bought to "not block his progression". This is the guy who (I believe) has not played single minute as CM and this despite poor midfield of current Barca B.

Contrary to reports, Barcelona are not interested in Inter player Kovacic as part of deal on Pedro. Barcelona ask 20M, no players. [sport]

If Pogba comes there will be no place for another offensive mid like Kovacic.

DinhoR10

It amuses me seeing people rating Samper so high, that they don't want anyone to be bought to "not block his progression". This is the guy who (I believe) has not played single minute as CM and this despite poor midfield of current Barca B.

If Pogba comes there will be no place for another offensive mid like Kovacic.

In Lucho's system Veratti would be a DM same as Samper. Samper already has Busquets and Mascherano why bother adding someone else into the mix.

anguy

I assume that if Pogba comes, our midfield will be Pogba-Busquets-Rakitic?

It depends on how Rakitic looks like. His last few games have been good, but overall I wasn't very impressed with him this year. If he doesn't become more consistent we might sell him to buy someone else.

It's a pity our system doesn't allow the mids to shoot more often. Having 2 such snipers as Rakitic and Pogba behind our attacking trio...

anguy

Rakitic has been our best midfielder this season. Why would we sell him? :lol:

He was really poor for at least half of the season. He was good in maybe 10 matches so far. And frankly our midfield right now is below our standards. Watch our match against Real again to see how good midfield looks like (hint it was not ours and Rakitic played). Also we don't really take advantage of his strengths (free kicks, long shots). That's why I'm worried about Pogba fitting too.

Ritchie

He was really poor for at least half of the season. He was good in maybe 10 matches so far. And frankly our midfield right now is below our standards. Watch our match against Real again to see how good midfield looks like (hint it was not ours and Rakitic played). Also we don't really take advantage of his strengths (free kicks, long shots). That's why I'm worried about Pogba fitting too.

We can't keep getting overrun the way we are against the good sides, especially on the counter.

Under Pep we'd always have the ball and win it back very quick. Without the strict possession game there's a lot more turnovers of the ball and it demands more of midfielders. It's the same with Spain since they brought Costa in.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

I like Raki, but we could do better. Pogba is in a way similar to Rakitic, only with a higher potential and probably the better today. Pogba at Barca or not, we still need a CM like Veratti - just like many before me have argued.

JamDav1982

Fabinho pique laporte alba
Rakitic Samper busi pogba
Messi
Suarez/neymar

What is this obesssion with Laporte that people have?

He was destroyed by Sevilla this weekend and his positioning was laughable at times.

That has been a common theme for him this season.

G

Gasgas

He was destroyed by Sevilla this weekend and his positioning was laughable at times.

The potential though

khaled_a_d

I've been pashed for that opinion for quit some time now .he is nowhere near barca level atm

The potential though

He will worth a lot .way too much to be spent on potential otherwise we are taking a Chygrynskiy type of risk
I would pay 40M for a player like Marquinhos(I know he isn't available ,just giving an example) who can be starter right now and for 10 years to come ,that is a worth investing money with decreased risk .but with Laporte if he never reached his potential he is just a 3rd/4th option in defense .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans