Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Deulofeu's already a better player than Tello and another half season in the PL will ensure further development. He will get more minutes than Tello did even though he'll be 4th choice and might even make his way up the pecking order. He'd obviously get a lot more time if he stayed on loan at Everton but it might be better for his integration into the team if he starts developing in his home environment with his future teammates. Rafinha will struggle to get adequate playing time though.

Yeah, I don't agree...I think Deulofeu has more talent/skill than Tello but overall, Tello is still a better fit for Barcelona, right now...There's no guarantee Gerard will become the sort of player that will fit either, he has to work on both ends of the pitch...I just go back to everytime he has played for the first team, it's been very underwhelming

Tello, IMHO, has better top end speed and is more disciplined & hard working than Gerard...However, Deulo is a much better dribbler and goalscorer along with being more versatile from either the left or right flank that Cristian

I do agree though that Deulofeu's return is now more than likely going to spell the end of Cristian at Barcelona, particularly with how little he's been used in the last 2 seasons

Alarcón

Abundance indeed. You've got 4 players for 2 position on the wings. The 4th choice is barely getting any playing time. Supposing Deulofeu takes Tello's spot, he can realistically expect to get his minutes, which will most likely mean very little playing time. Deulofeu would still be behind Neymar, Alexis and Pedro in the pecking order, just like Tello is now.

Considering also this team needs a true CF, and if Tata remains, the likelihood is they get one. That means an additional player to compete for playing time among forwards. It is entirely not a good idea to rush Deulofeu back from loan. Not a good one at all. He is only 19, why the rush?

As for Rafinha, he is an attacking midfielder and on Barca's system, we have currently 2 of those for 1 spot. Rafinha would make it 3 for 1, behind players he is almost impossible to overtake in the foreseeable future. Unless of course you mean to play Rafinha in positions that do not suit his skills as a deep lying creative midfielder or as a defensive midfielder.

Again, I see no reason to rush him back. None at all.

By your logic, we should have loaned Busquets, Pedro, Bojan etc. because they would have gotten more minutes elsewhere. Just because they play more at other teams doesn't mean they develop better than at Barça. Has nothing to do with rushing back, it's just better for them if they play here, providing that they get a decent amount of playing time, which in my opinion they both would, considering their talent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah, I don't agree...I think Deulofeu has more talent/skill than Tello but overall, Tello is still a better fit for Barcelona, right now...There's no guarantee Gerard will become the sort of player that will fit either, he has to work on both ends of the pitch...I just go back to everytime he has played for the first team, it's been very underwhelming

Tello, IMHO, has better top end speed and is more disciplined & hard working than Gerard...However, Deulo is a much better dribbler and goalscorer along with being more versatile from either the left or right flank that Cristian

I do agree though that Deulofeu's return is now more than likely going to spell the end of Cristian at Barcelona, particularly with how little he's been used in the last 2 seasons

I don't understand how Tello is a better fit? He only functions when he has acres of space to run into (which you don't get at Barca), his passing is often sloppy, and he doesn't offer much as a footballer. His only two goals this season took unbelievably fortunate deflections (the 2nd one should've counted as an own goal) and he truthfully is the farthest thing I've ever seen from a Barcelona football player. He's a hard-ish worker (his defensive workrate is ok but not amazing) and as stated several times, completely one dimensional.

Deulofeu has improved his workrate a lot at Everton and is still going to develop attacking efficiency. He, unlike Tello, can actually create something out of nothing and have glorious dribbles/shots/plays that threaten the opposition greatly. He's becoming more of a team player as well and learning to fit in a system (I don't see how Tello fits into our system at all anyway).

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
By your logic, we should have loaned Busquets, Pedro, Bojan etc. because they would have gotten more minutes elsewhere. Just because they play more at other teams doesn't mean they develop better than at Barça. Has nothing to do with rushing back, it's just better for them if they play here, providing that they get a decent amount of playing time, which in my opinion they both would, considering their talent.

By what logic are you referring? Busquets and Pedro are different scenarios as they are not and were not 3rd and 4th depth, and Bojan is indeed on loan and has been for years.

It is better for them if they play here, but playing here is the problem, as they won't be doing much of it. They would not get enough playing time for the benefit of playing here to outweigh the extra playing time and experience of playing elsewhere, at least for the time being.

Deulofeu might be the one getting more playing time, but again, that is a big if, and I still do not think it outweighs the benefit of playing and featuring heavily on a team like Everton. Add to that the possibility of the team getting a CF, which would push Deulofeu even deeper in the pecking order.
Rafinha makes even less sense. He will not and should not be taking minutes away from either Cesc or Iniesta, and you will already be facing a problem with minutes between these two once Messi returns and Cesc can no longer get minutes as a false 9.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't understand how Tello is a better fit? He only functions when he has acres of space to run into (which you don't get at Barca), his passing is often sloppy, and he doesn't offer much as a footballer. His only two goals this season took unbelievably fortunate deflections (the 2nd one should've counted as an own goal) and he truthfully is the farthest thing I've ever seen from a Barcelona football player. He's a hard-ish worker (his defensive workrate is ok but not amazing) and as stated several times, completely one dimensional.

It's a dimension that the team lacks otherwise so even if he were limited compared to Deulofeu, overall, he makes great use of that dimension in a more effective way than Gerard has in any of the appearances he's had with the 1st team...That's why I say Tello is a better fit, he scores goals, assists and forces defenses to respect his side of the pitch

Parked buses, of course is not a strength for Tello which isn't to suggest Tello should be starting every match let alone those against teams that sit deep for 90 minutes...High lines?...Right now, there's no one better to break it than Tello and we've faced that often enough...Both losses to Ajax & Athletic were just that sort of scenario

And do you know what Tello's pass success rate is this season?...88%, higher than any attacking player in the squad...Last season in La Liga, only Messi (85.2) and Pedro (90) had higher than his 84.8...In CL, Tello had the highest with 89.1...It's a gross exaggeration that somehow continues to be accepted as fact that he's a sloppy passer

His season has not been very good, I don't disagree but I also would counter that he's had the fewest minutes of any 1st team player, even less than Roberto...Pretty damning for someone who was just given a contract extension and had a better conversion rate than any forward in the squad not named Messi last season

Deulofeu has improved his workrate a lot at Everton and is still going to develop attacking efficiency. He, unlike Tello, can actually create something out of nothing and have glorious dribbles/shots/plays that threaten the opposition greatly. He's becoming more of a team player as well and learning to fit in a system (I don't see how Tello fits into our system at all anyway).

Deulofeu doesn't even start for Everton, let's let that percolate for a second...He's done fantastic in the time he's been there but he also is the beneficiary of the sort of space you alluded to earlier regarding Tello...We've yet to see how he will do against a parked bus in the Primera or CL with Barcelona...Tello has had success with the 1st team, Deulo has not yet

I like Deulo but the biggest gripe against him and has been is selfishness and that's not exactly a team trait

If Tello doesn't fit then you'd have to explain the contract extension and his impressive stats up until now when he's been put on the shelf this season by Tata who has not rotated well with several players

Egert

Estonian Culé
Juventus and Arsenal have contacted Ter Stegen's agent. They offer him more than Barcelona. Monchengladbach ask transfer fee of 12M. [bild]
If Ter Stegen doesnt join Barca and we go after Reina instead of Courtois then I dont know what I will do....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Juventus and Arsenal have contacted Ter Stegen's agent. They offer him more than Barcelona. Monchengladbach ask transfer fee of 12M. [bild]
If Ter Stegen doesnt join Barca and we go after Reina instead of Courtois then I dont know what I will do....

Fuck these two teams. I hope Ter Stegen has a little bit of Blaugrana in him to make the wise decision.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
try assassinating Rosell and Zubi man... one for the team!

Zubi and Rosell better not fuck this up...

khaled_a_d

Arsenal could be a gr8 option for him tbh ,he is better than Szczęsny IMO and would be the 1st GK there most probably ,they are currently a very good team and the pressure on him would be less than here
But Juve would be tough for him to agree,Gianluigi Buffon is one of the all time greatest GKs to ever play the game no doubt and his fans call him the best ever ,while he is 36 GKs may push there career to 39 or even 40
Also wasn't Nicola Leali supposed to be his replacement? I don't see Juve deal happening unless they will promise him that Buffon contract (who is gonna expire in 2015 ) isn't gonna be renewed and it will be a sign and loan back deal .that could be too good for him to say no too but there is a lot of IFs in that situation

L

linetty

Yeah, Juve have Leali and Buffon, Arsenal have Szczesny...this rumours is bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans