Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I cant remember anything too harsh on Thiago Silva other than he chose money over his career which has been the case.

PSG winning the French league doenst hold much weight with people outside of France.

TS rejecting Barca for PSG has hurt him more than Barca.

Bertus

Andres is one of the best ever in his prime, no doubt...but since we can't clone him we need to move on.

Without disrespect but some of you are, in my opinion, doing to much PC football games. Like all players can play 32 cm on the middle left, with exact coordinates. Hazard is born and rised midfielder, of course he can play in Iniesta's position.

Football games?

Just watch chelsea games, he doesn't play like Inesta at all.

What you want is a case of pick a player and ask him to play in a way he didn't play for ages.

How can you be sure it would turn up good?

StarLord

Andres is one of the best ever in his prime, no doubt...but since we can't clone him we need to move on.

Without disrespect but some of you are, in my opinion, doing to much PC football games. Like all players can play 32 cm on the middle left, with exact coordinates. Hazard is born and rised midfielder, of course he can play in Iniesta's position.

Is Hazard a CM like Iniesta is? From what I realize, Hazard is an attacking player. In any case, what are the chances that Chelsea will sell Hazard to us? On top of everything, I would rather have Pogba and Koke over Hazard. They are far more suited to satisfy our current lack.

100% valid statement.

Last edited:

Bertus

I cant remember anything too harsh on Thiago Silva other than he chose money over his career which has been the case.

PSG winning the French league doenst hold much weight with people outside of France.

If I follow some barca fans reasoning, not choosing Barca is apparently always a bad choice.

Not only TS got bad comments here. Odegaard did. Danilo did. Etc.

It's always the same story. Some fans have a superioty complex and can't handle it when their club is rejected.

Gaudi

Football games?

Just watch chelsea games, he doesn't play like Inesta at all.

What you want is a case of pick a player and ask him to play in a way he didn't play for ages.

How can you be sure it would turn up good?

Of course I can't, but nobody can't for any player. Can you be sure in any other player?
I rate him higher than Gotze or Verrati who are discussed in last few pages.
And again, no player is same as the other, he is more dangerous than Iniesta goal wise, but less creative. But in my opinion our best midfield setup is when we have Busi, one allround player and one magician. Of course we will never have Busi-Xavi-Iniesta anymore in their prime. We can't turn back time

Gaudi

Is Hazard a CM like Iniesta is? From what I realize, Hazard is an attacking player. In any case, what are the chances that Chelsea will sell Hazard to us? On top of everything, I would rather have Pogba and Koke over Hazard. They are far more suited to satisfy our current lack.

I agree, no why they'll sell, only ih he trully want's to come?
Pogba and Koke are good, I must admit I need to watch Pogba more, but I see them more as Rakitic competition than Iniesta.

DrPepper

a) While he is very good in his position, he is definitely overrated. I genuinely believe that Pique has been better than him this season!

lol no. And how is this an argument when we wanted to sign him 3/4 years ago?

The biggest mistake Barca has made in the last 5 years was not signing Thiago Silva in 11/12 when he was still at Milan. Simple as that.

JamDav1982

If I follow some barca fans reasoning, not choosing Barca is apparently always a bad choice.

It's always the same story. Some fans have a superioty complex and can't handle it when their club is rejected.

Comments about players that go elsewhere will happen at every top club. Barca is no better or worse for that.

StarLord

How do you know that Barca was "rejected"?

It seems far more likely, that Barca offered much less money, or did not care at all in relation to the players that you are mentioning.

Bertus

Of course I can't, but nobody can't for any player. Can you be sure in any other player?
I rate him higher than Gotze or Verrati who are discussed in last few pages.
And again, no player is same as the other, he is more dangerous than Iniesta goal wise, but less creative. But in my opinion our best midfield setup is when we have Busi, one allround player and one magician. Of course we will never have Busi-Xavi-Iniesta anymore in their prime. We can't turn back time

But Verratti and Hazard are totally different players for example.

How can you say you would pick one over the other when one is a DM?

It isn't as if Verratti and Hazard would fight for the same spot at Barca.

As for your question, I can't be sure, but I think there's a higher % that things will turn good when you pick a player to play where he's used to, instead of trying to turn him into something else.

Bertus

How do you know that Barca was "rejected"?

It seems far more likely, that Barca offered much less money, or did not care at all in relation to the players that you are mentioning.
Where did i say that?

I say that some fans give these feeling when a player doesn't land here. Did you follow all the trolling in the Odegaard thread for example? Go read it.

StarLord

lol no. And how is this an argument when we wanted to sign him 3/4 years ago?

The biggest mistake Barca has made in the last 5 years was not signing Thiago Silva in 11/12 when he was still at Milan. Simple as that.

He would have cost what?

The argument is precisely that he would have cost significantly more than he is worth. If we bought him when he was 27, the price would have been exorbitant. We were/are better served spending that money on true superstar players (Neymar and Suarez) that can and are making a difference. Many top CBs around Europe today are perfectly interchangeable, they are definitely not worth as much as top-level midfielders and attackers.

Kohe321

Regarding "young blood" coming in, don't forget Denis Suarez who we really should bring back from Sevilla next season. He has shown an impressive growth there this season even with the limited playing time he has received, and is already starting to prove himself capable of the highest level in the league. His recent performance in the Europa League was good as well.

With regards to Halilovic, Denis is ahead of him by a big distance as someone who can come in and play as an attacking midfielder for the first team.

Last edited:

StarLord

Where did i say that?

I say that some fans give these feeling when a player doesn't land here. Did you follow all the trolling in the Odegaard thread for example? Go read it.

I don't know mate, I am definitely not defending every random poster in here (most of whom are not Barca fans anyway)

All I am saying, is that when Barcelona is genuinely interested in a player, and is willing to offer serious money, it is highly unlikely that they will get rejected. Only indifference or massive financial superiority of the opponent can defeat us in the transfer market, at least during the past 10 years or so. Things may very well change though in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans