Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaudi

But Verratti and Hazard are totally different players for example.

How can you say you would pick one over the other when one is a DM?

It isn't as if Verratti and Hazard would fight for the same spot at Barca.

As for your question, I can't be sure, but I think there's a higher % that things will turn good when you pick a player to play where he's used to, instead of trying to turn him into something else.

Well I was talking about Iniesta replacement not another DM. Anyhow it doesn't even matter as Hazzard is no go. So let's leave at that.
Considering the topic I would sell Alves, use Bartra and Montoya maybe..? We could use midfielder, depends on how we want to shape our team (maybe Pogba or koke type of players as we moved from midfield oreinted team to attack) and maybe sell Pedro as we can find cover attacker.
Important thing is that a club must have a vision and a strategy, if we want to reincarnate Peps Barca than we will need a wizzard type of player, but maybe we don't even need to go that road. At the end I refuse to belive Andres is done, he's 30, get him back in shape and he can boss for another 2 years!

Bertus

Regarding "young blood" coming in, don't forget Denis Suarez who we really should bring back from Sevilla next season. He's been really impressive, and already starting to prove himself at the highest level in the league. His recent performance in the Europa League was good as well.

In my case I'm not worried about the squad for next season. I'm worried about how the changes will be handled by said squad.

While having election is a good thing because we will get rid of those crooks, we don't know what changes will happen.

I would have not cared some months ago when Barca was doing bad, but now that Barca became a machine to win, I don't know what to expect.

For example, will Laporta keep Lucho? Logically, it would be the case, but Laporta could choose to get rid of all the staffs from the Barto/rosell era.

Solely talking about the squad, I'd try to buy at least 1 midfielder, 1 RB and maybe 1 CB for this winter tho.

JamDav1982

Well I was talking about Iniesta replacement not another DM. Anyhow it doesn't even matter as Hazzard is no go. So let's leave at that.
Considering the topic I would sell Alves, use Bartra and Montoya maybe..? We could use midfielder, depends on how we want to shape our team (maybe Pogba or koke type of players as we moved from midfield oreinted team to attack) and maybe sell Pedro as we can find cover attacker.
Important thing is that a club must have a vision and a strategy, if we want to reincarnate Peps Barca than we will need a wizzard type of player, but maybe we don't even need to go that road. At the end I refuse to belive Andres is done, he's 30, get him back in shape and he can boss for another 2 years!

Wont be selling Alves. He will go for free or sign new contract.

Personally I prefer Pogba over any of the other CMs as he bring so many things the team lack. Wacthing almost all Barca games recently I always think the midfield lacks any proper physical presence and athleticism.

Would take Pogba over Veratti or Koke. But think both are brilliant players.

Gaudi

Personally I prefer Pogba over any of the other CMs as he bring so many things the team lack. Wacthing almost all Barca games recently I always think the midfield lacks any proper physical presence and athleticism.

Is he injured? Pogba I mean? I really want to watch him properly. But yes, he looks fine. Maybe even we can play 3-4-3 with Busi-Rakitic-Pogba-Iniesta midfield.

DrPepper

He would have cost what?

The argument is precisely that he would have cost significantly more than he is worth. If we bought him when he was 27, the price would have been exorbitant. We were/are better served spending that money on true superstar players (Neymar and Suarez) that can and are making a difference. Many top CBs around Europe today are perfectly interchangeable, they are definitely not worth as much as top-level midfielders and attackers.

40M, which was pretty much a fair price for the best CB in world football. Many CBs are interchangeable, but some are not. TS belongs to the latter category, as Brazil and PSG experienced. He was the only worthy replacement for Puyol (do you really think he wasn't making a difference?!). Now we have players like Mathieu or Mascherano playing there.

Bertus

I don't know mate, I am definitely not defending every random poster in here (most of whom are not Barca fans anyway)

All I am saying, is that when Barcelona is genuinely interested in a player, and is willing to offer serious money, it is highly unlikely that they will get rejected. Only indifference or massive financial superiority of the opponent can defeat us in the transfer market, at least during the past 10 years or so. Things may very well change though in the future.

Unless a person lived in a cave, he knows TS was definitely Barca priority over anyone else during that famous summer when we didn't get anyone because Rosell was foolish enough to believe that in the end TS will join us. Rosell was so sure of Barca supremacy to get anyone that he messed up. I remember that press conference when he said clearly "I can't understand how TS didn't choose us". Baffling.

That said, as I said above, I was talking about some the fans. And God knows I had many retarded discussions here with illogical comments.

Kohe321

In my case I'm not worried about the squad for next season. I'm worried about how the changes will be handled by said squad.

While having election is a good thing because we will get rid of those crooks, we don't know what changes will happen.

I would have not cared some months ago when Barca was doing bad, but now that Barca became a machine to win, I don't know what to expect.

For example, will Laporta keep Lucho? Logically, it would be the case, but Laporta could choose to get rid of all the staffs from the Barto/rosell era.

Solely talking about the squad, I'd try to buy at least 1 midfielder, 1 RB and maybe 1 CB for this winter tho.

I really hope Laporta, given he runs and wins the elections, will keep Lucho - again given that the team keeps perfoming at the level they are now. This is going to be one interesting summer, that's for sure... :)

I'd also add to your list of transfer targets another young forward like Dybala or Vietto who can rotate with Suarez and Ney. I have a feeling Pedro will leave as he's not content with being a bench player.

Bertus

Hey Jam, I see you want Pogba too.

Would you sign him even for the 12M euros salary he's asking or not?

JamDav1982

Unless a person lived in a cave, he knows TS was definitely Barca priority over anyone else during that famous summer when we didn't get anyone because Rosell was foolish enough to believe that in the end TS will join us. Rosell was so sure of Barca supremacy to get anyone that he messed up. I remember that press conference when he said clearly "I can't understand how TS didn't choose us". Baffling.

That said, as I said above, I was talking about some the fans. And God knows I had many retarded discussions here with illogical comments.

Thiago Silva signed for PSG in July so they could have moved on to another CB. It wasnt a case of waiting all summer for TS and not looking at other targets.

Bertus

Thiago Silva signed for PSG in July so they could have moved on to another CB. It wasnt a case of waiting all summer for TS and not looking at other targets.
Was talking about the following summer when Rosell chased after TS all summer.

The one when he was already a psg player.

JamDav1982

Yes I would pay him that.

In past would have felt wrong signing a new player to come in and earn more than Xavi/Iniesta etc but they have declined so not so much. Although would still be more than Busi which doesnt sit right but he signed a contract recently so cant really complain.

Bertus

I really hope Laporta, given he runs and wins the elections, will keep Lucho - again given that the team keeps perfoming at the level they are now. This is going to be one interesting summer, that's for sure... :)

I'd also add to your list of transfer targets another young forward like Dybala or Vietto who can rotate with Suarez and Ney. I have a feeling Pedro will leave as he's not content with being a bench player.

Dybala would cost a lot and I don't think he would sign to be benched. IMO that's an unrealistic target.

Kohe321

Even though you're not asking me, here's my two cents on this: as I pointed out yesterday, I shudder at the thought of future contract and salary negotiations with Raiola if the starting point was 12m a year when Pogba was 22 years old. :lol:

It would throw our wage structure completely off if he comes in and suddenly becomes the second highest earner in the team. The agents of the other stars will complain and negotiate for more, and from there the ball starts rolling. Unless Pogba really performed at a ridiculous level, which he might do for all I know of course, the signing price and yearly salary would be incredibly difficult to swallow.

70m I'm okay with, but that salary is just insane. A shame if he's really adamant about wanting that kind of salary as he'll probably end up in the EPL or PSG, which would be fun for you though :pep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans