Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Yes I would pay him that.

In past would have felt wrong signing a new player to come in and earn more than Xavi/Iniesta etc but they have declined so not so much. Although would still be more than Busi which doesnt sit right but he signed a contract recently so cant really complain.

Same.

It's weird coming from me since I was not a big fan of Pogba. But I lost my bet when I said almost 2 years ago that he wouldn't reach new heights.

He makes incredible progress every seasons. He has other qualities than Verratti. Both are excellent players right now.

I would say Pogba has more charisma tho.

For play style reason, I would prefer verratti, but talking about realistic target, I would sign Pogba even it means paying him 12M per year. Definitely.

Also it would be heartbreaking to see him becoming even better than he already is elsewhere just because we didn't want to change the rules for once.

Bertus

Even though you're not asking me, here's my two cents on this: as I pointed out yesterday, I shudder at the thought of future contract and salary negotiations with Raiola if the starting point was 12m a year when Pogba was 22 years old. :lol:

It would throw our wage structure completely off if he comes in and suddenly becomes the second highest earner in the team. The agents of the other stars will complain and negotiate for more, and from there the ball starts rolling. Unless Pogba really performed at a ridiculous level, which he might do for all I know of course, the signing price and yearly salary would be incredibly difficult to swallow.

70m I'm okay with, but that salary is just insane. A shame if he's really adamant about wanting that kind of salary as he'll probably end up in the EPL or PSG, which would be fun for you though :pep:

PSG problem is not the wage. It's the fee.

Juventus already rejected 70M euros accoridng to medias.

In the case of Barca, the problem is the wage...., oh well!

Kohe321

Dybala would cost a lot and I don't think he would sign to be benched. IMO that's an unrealistic target.

Hmm yeah, good point. I think Vietto would be a much more appropriate signing anyway. I really think he has a huge potential.

If Pedro decides to stay I still think we should sign him, but perhaps it would be best to loan him back to Villareal or someone else first as it would be a real shame to see him stagnate because of lack of game time. If Pedro leaves though, the substitution minutes shared between Suarez and Neymar could be enough for him to develop properly.

Last edited:

alex88bg

Club like FC Barcelona should sign players that would give an arm and leg to play for this team not for the biggest wage in the world,good players are ofcourse worth much but these so called stars have yet to prove themselves physically and mentally to play at this level.
You have to earn your place among our players ,their respect and fans respect to be valued so much.
Neymar was a gamble when team was crumbling and thanks to Leo Messi and his contribution it has payed of.
Best players are forged not payed !

JamDav1982

Club like FC Barcelona should sign players that would give an arm and leg to play for this team not for the biggest wage in the world,good players are ofcourse worth much but these so called stars have yet to prove themselves physically and mentally to play at this level.
You have to earn your place among our players ,their respect and fans respect to be valued so much.
Neymar was a gamble when team was crumbling and thanks to Leo Messi and his contribution it has payed of.
Best players are forged not payed !

Its not that easy. If Barca dont pay big money for the best players they wont come.

Would be a huge advantage to other teams.

StarLord

40M, which was pretty much a fair price for the best CB in world football. Many CBs are interchangeable, but some are not. TS belongs to the latter category, as Brazil and PSG experienced. He was the only worthy replacement for Puyol (do you really think he wasn't making a difference?!). Now we have players like Mathieu or Mascherano playing there.

I am unsure that TS was worth a massive transfer fee, plus enormous wages.

I mean, look at us this season, we just increased the height of the team, which vastly improved our defending in set-pieces (the main reason for our defensive weakness during the two previous seasons) and we now have a far superior defensive record in all competitions to any team in Europe. As good as he is, I feel that TS would be a good but rather unnecessary addition for our club. I would pay the 40m, only if he was 22 or something.

edit: For me, the best CB in world football during the past few years, has been Sergio Ramos. A beast defending but also attacking as well. His epic goals from last season are the icing on the cake of a glorious career with Real Madrid/Spain.

Last edited:

StarLord

Its not that easy. If Barca dont pay big money for the best players they wont come.

Would be a huge advantage to other teams.

That is why winning the CL is so fucking crucial! Win it this year, and you will have more and more sought after world-class players willing to take at least a small pay-cut to play for us. And yes, that will include even money grabbing brats like Pogba.

If the negotiations were down to me, I would tell Pogba that he will be paid in line with what other Barca players are getting, and only if his performances lead to CL success, will he reach that 12 million. I am not sure where the wages of the top players are nowadays, but 12m sounds like the money that only a CL winner or genuine world-class talent merits. Pogba (as promising as he definitely is) is not there yet.

JamDav1982

That is why winning the CL is so fucking crucial! Win it this year, and you will have more and more sought after world-class players willing to take at least a small pay-cut to play for us. And yes, that will include even money grabbing brats like Pogba.

If the negotiations were down to me, I would tell Pogba that he will be paid in line with what other Barca players are getting, and only if his performances lead to CL success, will he reach that 12 million. I am not sure where the wages of the top players are nowadays, but 12m sounds like the money that only a CL winner or genuine world-class talent merits. Pogba (as promising as he definitely is) is not there yet.

Players are not going to be willing to take less wages on the basis of Barcelona winning the CL this year.

Lay down the line to the likes of Pogba and it will be a short conversation.

StarLord

Players are not going to be willing to take less wages on the basis of Barcelona winning the CL this year.

Lay down the line to the likes of Pogba and it will be a short conversation.

Not necessarily, no. You may be right on that one. But it increases your prestige/drawing power etc. If we are again seen as the undisputed best team on the planet, then the likes of Pogba (let alone Koke, who is Spanish) may have second thoughts. Maybe it will not work so well on Pogba, but for any Spaniard or Latin player out there, playing for us or Real carries a massive premium, there is no denying that.

But yes, to reiterate, this may not work on Pogba who seems to be after personal glory and bling-bling.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not necessarily, no. You may be right on that one. But it increases your prestige/drawing power etc. If we are again seen as the undisputed best team on the planet, then the likes of Pogba (let alone, who is Spanish) may have second thoughts. Maybe it will not work so well on Pogba, but for any Spaniard or Latin player out there, playing for us or Real carries a massive premium, there is no denying that.

But yes, to reiterate, this may not work on Pogba who seems to be after personal glory and bling-bling.

Dont think CL this year makes much difference to how much players already want to come to Barca.

Have Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc been signing players on less wages due to their CL wins? I doubt it.

All player look for big wages.

StarLord

Dont think CL this year makes much difference to how much players already want to come to Barca.

Have Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc been signing players on less wages due to their CL wins? I doubt it.

All player look for big wages.

"All players look for big wages"
-> True.

"Dont think CL this year makes much difference to how much players already want to come to Barca."
-> I think it does. Not for all and sundry of course, but for most, especially Spanish speakers, who are the ubermenschen of world football anyway.
"Have Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc been signing players on less wages due to their CL wins? I doubt it."
-> Hazard admitted that Chelsea's CL victory was the factor that caused him to choose them over other potential suitors. Cesc moved earth and sky to move to us (OK, he is Catalan, but still) Alexis refused to get on a private jet that Palermo's president arranged for him to sign for City, he explicitly told Palermo that he was only interested in joining Barca and did not care if City or Chelsea or United were offering more money. Silva would still be playing for Valencia, even if on lesser wages to City's. The only reason why he moved to City was that Valencia badly needed the petrodollars in order to remain in business. He said so in at least two occasions. Not all players care solely for big wages. Some of them full well realize that is better to make 4m per year and be happy with your club/fans/environment than making 5.5m and be less happy. Only if the difference is truly colossal then these players will of course follow the money.

As for our club in particular, there can be no doubt that almost all our recent signings were more than eager to come here! I think the only dude who came here opportunistically, was Neymar, because we moved cheekily and under the radar to sign him up. I don't think he cared if he played for us or Madrid. It was always one of these two though.

Edit: Or look at Bayern, they can just call any player from any Bundesliga club by name, and he is at their feet. Or look at Real, they can attract just about anyone (unless we are in the running as well) if and only if Marca run a 50-word article about them. Even in our money-crazed capitalism, things like prestige and legacy still count.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

"All players look for big wages" -> True.

"Dont think CL this year makes much difference to how much players already want to come to Barca." -> I think it does. Not for all and sundry of course, but for most, especially Spanish speakers, who are the ubermenschen of world football anyway.

"Have Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern etc been signing players on less wages due to their CL wins? I doubt it." -> Hazard admitted that Chelsea's CL victory was the factor that caused him to choose them over other potential suitors. Cesc moved earth and sky to move to us (OK, he is Catalan, but still) Alexis refused to get on a private jet that Palermo's president arranged for him to sign for City, he explicitly told Palermo that he was only interested in joining Barca and did not care if City or Chelsea or United were offering more money. Silva would still be playing for Valencia, even if on lesser wages to City's. The only reason why he moved to City was that Valencia badly needed the petrodollars in order to remain in business. He said so in at least two occasions. Not all players care solely for big wages. Some of them full well realize that is better to make 4m per year and be happy with your club/fans/environment than making 5.5m and be less happy. Only if the difference is truly colossal then these players will of course follow the money.

As for our club in particular, there can be no doubt that almost all our recent signings were more than eager to come here! I think the only dude who came here opportunistically, was Neymar, because we moved cheekily and under the radar to sign him up. I don't think he cared if he played for us or Madrid. It was always one of these two though.

Hazard saying that about the CL may have been true but at the time it was discussed that Chelsea were offering far more money than any other club in for him.

Cesc, Sanchez etc all pushed to move to Barca before the CL was won. It was not down to any single CLs being won.

I dont think there is any player out there that would ask for less money after a CL win than they would now. Barcelona will be contenders regardless of whether it is won this season or not.

Neymar pushed to come to Barca two years after a CL win, Suarez chose Barca over Real when Real won the CL.

No doubt Barca have a big pull on players but that doesnt really change if CL is won this year.

StarLord

Hazard saying that about the CL may have been true but at the time it was discussed that Chelsea were offering far more money than any other club in for him.

Cesc, Sanchez etc all pushed to move to Barca before the CL was won. It was not down to any CLs being won.

I dont think there is any player out there that would ask for less money after a CL win than they would now. Barcelona will be contenders regardless of whether it is won this season or not.

Neymar pushed to come to Barca two years after a CL win, Suarez chose Barca over Real when Real won the CL.

No doubt Barca have a big pull on players but that doesnt really change if CL is won this year.

Yeah, I think I gave you the wrong impression when saying that about a potential CL victory this season. I was trying to make a broader point. The point is that real top players, will look for more than just money, things like legacy and of course most importantly, a chance to win the CL. Our tremendous wins in 09 and 11, set the tone for virtually any player in world football to be dreaming about joining us. Real Madrid also have a great reputation in Europe, something which they enhanced with their victory last year. World-class players will always see a premium with clubs they know can challenge for the CL.

My point over a potential win this season, is that our European reputation will be fully restored, hence preserving (or even enhancing) our status as one of the top 2 most attractive clubs in world football.

Suarez said as much only a few days back right before the PSG game. http://www.soccernews.com/suarez-i-joined-barca-to-win-champions-league/170492/

Mido

We don't need an infinite number of midfielders. Just bring on one or two world class midfielders so that the issue is resolved.

Xavi will leave pretty soon, he is getting too old for this shit, whether we like or not. Iniesta will be on the bench most of the time, and Rakitic is not world class. I think we need to make the big investment with young and talented players in Koke and Pogba. Cough up those 150m euros or so, so that our midfield is secure and world-class again.

It's something similar with when we had to offload Alexis and Villa so that Neymar and Suarez could be brought in...

All those other midfielders you mention would struggle to make it at Valencia or Sevilla, let alone Barca.

really ?? :satorra:

StarLord

really ?? :satorra:

Let me see: Mata, Herrera, Martinez etc...

These players are all Spanish and have been forged in La Liga. While all of them good, did they really set the league alight? Maybe they could improve those teams, maybe not, but they are definitely not good enough for Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans