Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
My dream transfers would be Turan/Veratti, with them we could do anything, since not only the have the ball handling that a barca midfielder should have but they also mark aggressively, like xavi used to when he was young.

Also, don't judge me but I think that pogba wouldn't rly fit with us, sorta like Yaya.

Kohe321

Turan would be an awesome stop-gap for us, I'm convinced he would do awesome here much like Rakitic. He has great control and is awesome at shielding the ball, good at passing and linkup, great at pressing and positioning, dangerous in front of goal with an awesome workrate both offensively and defensively.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

My dream transfers would be Turan/Veratti, with them we could do anything, since not only the have the ball handling that a barca midfielder should have but they also mark aggressively, like xavi used to when he was young.

Also, don't judge me but I think that pogba wouldn't rly fit with us, sorta like Yaya.

Yaya did fit and was a great player for Barca.

Just unlucky that he was up against Busi, Xavi and Iniesta.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Yaya did fit and was a great player for Barca.

Just unlucky that he was up against Busi, Xavi and Iniesta.

No, he was world class ofc but he wasn't meant for us.
In the same manner that masch can't find his position all these years despite him being a world cass player and better in some aspects than biscuit.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
But Mascherano still has been fantastic for us all these years...

Yeah and despite of that he's still not a starter while he would be in literally every other team, he's just not compatible with us 100%.
And if he wasn't able to convert to a CB it's obvious that we'd have sold him years ago.

JamDav1982

No, he was world class ofc but he wasn't meant for us.
In the same manner that masch can't find his position all these years despite him being a world cass player and better in some aspects than biscuit.

Yaya was meant for Barca and fitted in perfectly. Just unlucky for him he had three of the greatest midfielders of all time ahead of him.

The only problem Barca had was that Yaya was too good to be a bench player behind those players. Nothing to do with not finding a position for him.

StarLord

Veratti would cost more than he is worth.

Turan will only be useful as a brief stop-gap. Even then, what is his contract situation?

I still think that we need Koke/Pogba in order to make our midfield the best in the world once again. They will cost an arm and a leg of course, but if anyone has a better idea, then I am all ears.

Yaya fit us like a glove by the way. We need some extra physical presence in our team, it would be perfect balance:

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-0
Fabinho-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Koke-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Pogba-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

DrPepper

edit: For me, the best CB in world football during the past few years, has been Sergio Ramos. A beast defending but also attacking as well. His epic goals from last season are the icing on the cake of a glorious career with Real Madrid/Spain.

Not even Real's best CB tbh. Similar player to Kompany, decent defending but not even close to Silva's greatness. Makes up for his many mistakes by scoring goals, not exactly what a defender should do.

Last week's game against Atletico showed what he was all about - defending by being physical (excessive use of elbows) rather than intelligence, sloppy at building up from the back and easily losing focus. Varane had to save him a lot. Silva never has those awful performances.

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-0
Fabinho-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Koke-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Pogba-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Only misses a very good CB. We should've kept Toure and used him as CB for all these years. Basically trading him for Mascherano was a waste.

StarLord

Not even Real's best CB tbh. Similar player to Kompany, decent defending but not even close to Silva's greatness. Makes up for his many mistakes by scoring goals, not exactly what a defender should do.

Last week's game against Atletico showed what he was all about - defending by being physical (excessive use of elbows) rather than intelligence, sloppy at building up from the back and easily losing focus. Varane had to save him a lot. Silva never has those awful performances.

Only misses a very good CB. We should've kept Toure and used him as CB for all these years. Basically trading him for Mascherano was a waste.

Yes, Ramos is not a silky smooth defender like Silva, and at times, Pepe was far the better at defending. But Ramos's overall contribution down the years has been immense. He has been playing non-stop for ages, being a first team player for ever a decade and still going strong. He is also virtually bullet-proof. He injures far less than Silva. He was also a great attacking force when he used to play as RB for both Madrid and Spain, while the goals he scored last season were simply epic. No Ramos, no La Decima for the pampered capital club.

Edit: Yaya Toure is a bigger talent than Mascherano, and we probably should have kept him, but the fact is ameliorated by Yaya now being a spent force while Javier is still going strong.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Veratti would cost more than he is worth.

Turan will only be useful as a brief stop-gap. Even then, what is his contract situation?

I still think that we need Koke/Pogba in order to make our midfield the best in the world once again. They will cost an arm and a leg of course, but if anyone has a better idea, then I am all ears.

Yaya fit us like a glove by the way. We need some extra physical presence in our team, it would be perfect balance:

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-0
Fabinho-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Koke-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Pogba-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Koke and Pogba both would cost like 130M and both will be cup tied and Fabinho is too defensive minded, IMO the most realistic and suitable transfers would be Gundogan and Darmian, both are not cup tied, both are from clubs which would be willing to sell. Though I still waiting to hear rumours linking Gundogan to Barca.

LordLichtenstein

This is basically what I want.

Bravo / ter Stegen

Alba / Adriano

Piqué / Bartra / Mascherano / Mathieu

Alves / Bellerín

Busquets / Samper

Pogba / Iniesta

Rakitic / Rafinha

Messi / Deulofeu

Neymar / D. Suárez

Suárez

Last edited:

StarLord

Koke and Pogba both would cost like 130M and both will be cup tied and Fabinho is too defensive minded, IMO the most realistic and suitable transfers would be Gundogan and Darmian, both are not cup tied, both are from clubs which would be willing to sell. Though I still waiting to hear rumours linking Gundogan to Barca.

130m for those two players is not unreasonable. Both of them are world-class and are also very young. They could conceivably solve our midfield issues for almost a decade. Rather than going the Spurs/Liverpool way of blowing huge amounts of money on several mediocre players, I would rather spend a shitload and have world class players in almost every position. It's better to pay 170m on Neymar and Suarez, rather than pay 100m on Alexis and let's say Cavani.

You can forget about Fabinho, if you have another RB in mind I would be happy to hear about him.

Is Gundogan any good? Is Darmian? I wouldn't know. Maybe those players should only serve as stop-gaps until we bring Pogba & Koke on board (yes, I want them both) Midfield is where most of the money should go (if not all)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
130m for those two players is not unreasonable. Both of them are world-class and are also very young. They could conceivably solve our midfield issues for almost a decade. Rather than going the Spurs/Liverpool way of blowing huge amounts of money on several mediocre players, I would rather spend a shitload and have world class players in almost every position. It's better to pay 170m on Neymar and Suarez, rather than pay 100m on Alexis and let's say Cavani.

You can forget about Fabinho, if you have another RB in mind I would be happy to hear about him.

Is Gundogan any good? Is Darmian? I wouldn't know. Maybe those players should only serve as stop-gaps until we bring Pogba & Koke on board (yes, I want them both) Midfield is where most of the money should go (if not all)

Well first of all I don't understand why there is no Rakitic in your line-up, he was brilliant this season, not very consistent but like you could see yesterday, he can succesfully control midfield and he is work rate is off the charts.

Secondly, I said realistic options this summer, because I doubt that we can buy any of these two players because of transfer ban, let alone both.

I think many here would agree that Gundogan-Busi-Rakitic would be perfect midfield from January 2016 and then in summer 2016 we can go for Koke, Pogba or maybe someone else will emerge.

Darmian is a RB and we are extensively linked with him, not seen much of him, but from I read he made a great progress in the last year and is the first choice for Italy's NT.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That is why winning the CL is so fucking crucial! Win it this year, and you will have more and more sought after world-class players willing to take at least a small pay-cut to play for us. And yes, that will include even money grabbing brats like Pogba.

If the negotiations were down to me, I would tell Pogba that he will be paid in line with what other Barca players are getting, and only if his performances lead to CL success, will he reach that 12 million. I am not sure where the wages of the top players are nowadays, but 12m sounds like the money that only a CL winner or genuine world-class talent merits. Pogba (as promising as he definitely is) is not there yet.

Lol ,what? we need to win CL because it is the CL ,we sign gr8 players to win CL not other way around
And Noway that we make players take paycut to join here ,at least not players like Pogba .may be Mathieu kind of players but star players will always demand wage and if we don't pay them we will turn out like Liverpool/Arsenal etc in few years
And let me remind you that in many of the past seasons we have been the top wage spender in football world.and we broke our wage structure for Neymar . Pogba could easily demand to be 3rd best paid player in the team after Messi&Neymar .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans