Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

:lol:

I use him there in FIFA.

Hey, I know! I laughed first when I saw it but I read it and the dude makes some decent points. I mean for everything people like in Pogba, Dani can do similar things. Hes just older, a little slower and not as tall but other than that, his skill set is similar.

Leo_Messi

It remains to be seen what the future board will do, but lets hope that they realize that the reason a guy like Douglas failed is because of the incompetent board. Not because Douglas is from Brazil. If the new board cant see that, I am worried for us.

I would much rather see Montoya and Pedro/Bartra be our RB options next fall than piss away money on some mediocre gamble from Serie A like Darmian who almost always fail when they arrive in Spain.

But lets hope that we start to actually utilize scouts in the future. It should never be the fans' responsibility to know all right backs who are good enough to play for Barca.

I can assure you that the club will look towards Europe this time around. I think that this is obvious for all. Regardless of that then top clubs such as FCB rarely buy talents directly from South America. Most often than not South American players are bought from other European clubs after they have proven their worth in Europe. Look at the career path of Roberto Carlos, Maicon, Dani Alves etc.

Pedro and Bartra as right backs? A waste really. I want Montoya to stay as well and if the club bought Darmian the former would still be able to stay at the club.

I will say it again. Darmian is not a mediocre player.

Jombi

I can assure you that the club will look towards Europe this time around. I think that this is obvious for all. Regardless of that then top clubs such as FCB rarely buy talents directly from South America. Most often than not South American players are bought from other European clubs after they have proven their worth in Europe. Look at the career path of Roberto Carlos, Maicon, Dani Alves etc.

Pedro and Bartra as right backs? A waste really. I want Montoya to stay as well and if the club bought Darmian the former would still be able to stay at the club.

I will say it again. Darmian is not a mediocre player.

You can mention Carlos and Dani Alves, but what about Marcelo, Neymar, Kaka, Lucas Moura and others, all players who moved directly to a rich club from South America. I really hope that our potential new board have an open mind and doesnt resort to no-imagination tunnel vision policies we have seen in the past. If we follow the logic of not buying from countries where flops have come from, they definitely would not buy players from Serie A considering how many players flop in La Liga coming from Italy. It seems to me that the flop rate is much higher going from Serie A to La Liga than South America to La Liga. A guy like Zambrotta was considered a demi-God in Serie A, far, far superior player to Darmian, and Zambo underachieved badly for us.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

You can mention Carlos and Dani Alves, but what about Marcelo, Neymar, Kaka, Lucas Moura and others, all players who moved directly to a rich club from South America. I really hope that our potential new board have an open mind and doesnt resort to no-imagination tunnel vision policies we have seen in the past. They definitely would not buy players from Serie A considering how many players flop in La Liga coming from Italy. It seems to me that the flop rate is much higher going from Serie A to La Liga than South America to La Liga. A guy like Zambrotta was considered a demi-God in Serie A, far, far superior player to Darmian, and Zambo underachieved badly for us.

I was talking about full backs specifically. Besides that then most of the greatest South American players that moved to Europe to play for the absolute top teams were bought by those same elite clubs after proving themselves in other European clubs first.

I will write it for the third time in a row. I see no problem in buying talents directly from South America. What I am saying though is that the club is unlikely to take such a gamble after the Lord Douglas fiasco and personally I would prefer a full back that had proven his worth in Europe.

Zambrotta was almost 30 years old when the club bought him. He had his best years behind him. "Considered a demigod in Serie A". No, he was considered as the best right back in the world back then and was a recently crowned World Cup winner when the club bought him.

He was not that bad either. Unfortunately for him he played for FCB during a time period (2006-08) where the team underperformed a lot.

Also comparing Darmian with Zambrotta is also wrong. Just because both of them are Italians.

Anyway who would be a better choice (realistic one) in your eyes then?

StarLord

Lol ,what? we need to win CL because it is the CL ,we sign gr8 players to win CL not other way around
And Noway that we make players take paycut to join here ,at least not players like Pogba .may be Mathieu kind of players but star players will always demand wage and if we don't pay them we will turn out like Liverpool/Arsenal etc in few years
And let me remind you that in many of the past seasons we have been the top wage spender in football world.and we broke our wage structure for Neymar . Pogba could easily demand to be 3rd best paid player in the team after Messi&Neymar .

Winning the CL is not only about the very obvious reason that you mention. Winning the CL adds to your revenues, prestige and drawing power. This is undeniable.

If Pogba insists on massive wages that will smash our wage structure, then maybe we should forget about him, also if Juventus make absurd demands over the transfer fee, then others can have him no problem.

Pogba would cost 100m easily. He's definitely not worth it IMO.

I think it is also worth remembering that a guy like Cavani was considered a top 5 world class striker and pretty much the hottest property on the market a couple of years ago.

No he will not. 70m should be the absolute ceiling. I am also not an expert on Pogba so I will not put my hand over fire on him being the best MF in the world, I am open to suggestions (but please not Gundogan)

I was never a big fan of Cavani in any case.

Last edited:

StarLord

We really need to get smarter in the market and better at scouting. Days of getting whoever a manager liked like in pep days are over.
Messi alone is the big incentive to join and the club has to capitalise on it better.

Your first point goes without saying.

On your 2nd point. Why is that exactly? Have we become just a random club all of a sudden?

Messi alone? What about Neymar and Suarez? What about our history/legacy and the wages we can offer? We are still beating the petrodollar clubs, I think we still have the upper hand over these pretenders.

Jombi

I was talking about full backs specifically. Besides that then most of the greatest South American players that moved to Europe to play for the absolute top teams were bought by those same elite clubs after proving themselves in other European clubs first.

I will write it for the third time in a row. I see no problem in buying talents directly from South America. What I am saying though is that the club is unlikely to take such a gamble after the Lord Douglas fiasco and personally I would prefer a full back that had proven his worth in Europe.

Zambrotta was almost 30 years old when the club bought him. He had his best years behind him. "Considered a demigod in Serie A". No, he was considered as the best right back in the world back then and was a recently crowned World Cup winner when the club bought him.

He was not that bad either. Unfortunately for him he played for FCB during a time period (2006-08) where the team underperformed a lot.

Also comparing Darmian with Zambrotta is also wrong. Just because both of them are Italians.

Anyway who would be a better choice (realistic one) in your eyes then?

Zambrotta was 29 and was at his peak of his career, yet he underachieved badly for us. People had such great expectations, but once again we see that Serie A to La Liga is a very, very difficult transition, even for the greatest of the greatest in Serie A. If people are uneasy about signing players from Brazil, then they sure should be worried about players from Serie A.

What do we have scouts for? Are we sure that we even have scouts? Why dont we use them? Enough of the Arsenal players and players who wont improve while they play for us. Darmian is just not Barca quality, simple as that. The same with guys like Pjanic and others we are linked to. It is worrying if these are the guys who are supposed to "reinforce" us, while Real Madrid buy Kroos and Isco on the cheap, find gems like Varane and to top it off the sign Danilo. We need to really up our game in the transfer market.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

MD claiming we are monitoring Isco situation and he has a release clause fee of 150 Mi.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20150417/102862311300/el-barca-atento-a-isco.html

Call me crazy, but I say DO IT.

He would fit like a glove on our team, he is Barça fan, he would be with us for the next 10 years at least and it would be a beautiful slap at Madrid's face.

DO IT NOW!!! PLEASE!!!
f45341361ba76de9781a270431b8dd471ec5164ec21ba284296634570c209137.jpg

StarLord

MD claiming we are monitoring Isco situation and he has a release clause fee of 150 Mi.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20150417/102862311300/el-barca-atento-a-isco.html

Call me crazy, but I say DO IT.

He would fit like a glove on our team, he is Barça fan, he would be with us for the next 10 years at least and it would be a beautiful slap at Madrid's face.

DO IT NOW!!! PLEASE!!!

If we are also getting Modric + James + Isco, then yes! It's less crazy than paying 150m for Isco alone! Not only are we paying 3 times his market value (if not more) we are also giving that same money to our number one rival! Jesus!

Jombi

They already have all money they want/need.

They are able to buy anyone even without our money. It's not like we would help theirs.

Trying to buy Real Madrid players who they bought on the cheap is a sign of failure and desperation. It should never happen. We need to invest these money in proper sporting directors and good business negotiators.

Jombi

Looks like we have offered 120m euros for Paul Pogba. :banghead: One year after saying no to Kroos for 25m. No words to describe that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans