Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

Squad (11 + Subs):

------------------------ Ter Stegen (Pepe Reina) ---------------------------

Alves (Montoya) - Bartra (Musacchio) - Pique (Vidic) - Alba (Adriano)

-------------------------- Busquets (Alex Song) ----------------------------
--------------- Gundogan (Xavi) --------- Iniesta (Cesc) -----------------

------------- Alexis (Pedro) ----- Messi (Dongou) ----- Neymar (Deulofeu) -------------

+ Sergi.R , Oier, Rafinha

IN :

GK :

Pepe Reina -> 5/6m
Ter Stegen -> 12m

CB :

Vidic -> Free
Balanta -> 8/10m

MD :

Rafinha -> Free
Gundogan -> 25m

FW :

Deulofeu -> Free
Dongou -> Free

OUT :

Mascherano -> 18m
Puyol -> Retiring
Pinto -> End of contract
Tello -> 10/15m
Cuenca -> ?
Affelay -> ?
JDS -> 2/3m

Last edited:

fcbdna

Banned
------------------------ Ter Stegen (Pepe Reina) ---------------------------

Alves (Montoya) - Bartra (Musacchio) - Pique (Vidic)- Alba (Adriano)

-------------------------- Busquets (Alex Song) ----------------------------
--------------- Gundogan (Xavi) --------- Iniesta (Cesc) -----------------

------------- Alexis (Pedro) ----- Messi (Dongou) ----- Neymar (Deulofeu) -------------

+ Sergi.R , Oier, Rafinha

IN :

GK :

Pepe Reina -> 5/6m
Ter Stegen -> 12m

CB :

Vidic -> Free
Balanta -> 8/10m

MD :

Rafinha -> Free
Gundogan -> 25m

FW :

Deulofeu -> Free
Dongou -> Free

[/I]
OUT :

Mascherano -> 18m
Puyol -> Retiring
Pinto -> End of contract
Tello -> 10/15m

And why do we need Gundogan, when Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, Denis Suarez, Cesc, Iniesta, Song are all midfielders?

Antimadridista1

And why do we need Gundogan, when Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, Denis Suarez, Cesc, Iniesta, Song are all midfielders?

Cause Gundogan is the most similar midfielder to Xavi (who's gonna be 34 soon). Plus, he will create a stability in our team because he defends, a lot more than Xavi -> he will help Busi.
Rafinha is a lot more offensive (He plays as a winger, a 10 or even a false nine sometimes), Sergi.R more box to box, Denis Suarez is a kind of David Silva, Iniesta is already a starter and we saw that Song can't be our next Xavi.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

To be honest, Song will probably be sold next summer, especially if Gundogan comes and Samper continues to impress with the B team.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Because Barcelona needs a young deep lying playmaking midfielder with good defensive skills and high work rate. The only player they had with these characteristics they mismanaged into leaving, and that was Thiago.

None of those players you mentioned are particularly adept at fulfilling this role for the team.

The team could use a Thiago, Gundoga, or Koke type of player if they mean to keep the same playing style.

JamDav1982

Because Barcelona needs a young deep lying playmaking midfielder with good defensive skills and high work rate. The only player they had with these characteristics they mismanaged into leaving, and that was Thiago.

None of those players you mentioned are particularly adept at fulfilling this role for the team.

The team could use a Thiago, Gundoga, or Koke type of player if they mean to keep the same playing style.

Thiago never really proved he could play that role and like Iniesta and Cesc looked better when given more freedom.

There are players at the club that can take over from Xavi - Busquets for one but he may be needed at DM and also Samper although a not quite there yet.

For me both Busquets and Samper are much more suited to Xavis dictating role than Thiago was.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But us signing Gundogan is very unlikely though. According to AS, his father, who is his agent, confirmed the interest from RM and kinda indicated that as soon as Gundogan recovers, they might start negotiating with RM. BVB's CEO Watzke on the other hand denied the report, saying he hasn't heard anything from Gundogan or his father wanting to leave.

Either way I see it extremely hard for us to land him.

NeyMesSis

But us signing Gundogan is very unlikely though. According to AS, his father, who is his agent, confirmed the interest from RM and kinda indicated that as soon as Gundogan recovers, they might start negotiating with RM. BVB's CEO Watzke on the other hand denied the report, saying he hasn't heard anything from Gundogan or his father wanting to leave.

Either way I see it extremely hard for us to land him.
the father denied it allready.. he didn't say this

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
My squad for next season:

---------------------------------------------------1 Ter Stegen [13 Masip]-------------------------------------------------------------

22 Alves [2 Montoya/De Sciglio] - 3 Pique / 15 Bartra - 5 Benatia/? [25 Musacchio] - 18 Alba [21 Adriano]

-----------------------------------------------------16 Busquets [24 Samper]--------------------------------------------------------

-------6 Xavi / 14 Gundogan ------------------------------------------------------- 8 Iniesta / 4 Cesc [12 Roberto, 23 Suarez]

-----9 Alexis / 7 Pedro-------------------- 10 Messi [12 Rafinha, 19 Dongou]------------------- 11 Neymar [17 Deulofeu]

Starters in Green, Subs in Red.

In

Gundogan (transfer)
Rafinha (end loan)
Deulofeu (end loan)
Dongou (promotion)
Masip (promotion)
Suarez (promotion)
Samper (promotion)
Bagnack (promotion)
De Sciglio (transfer, if Montoya leaves)

Out

Mascherano (transfer)
Puyol (retirement)
Pinto (retirement)
Afellay (transfer)
Cuenca (transfer)
JDS (transfer)
Valdes (end of contract)
Song (transfer)
Tello (transfer)
Bojan (end of contract)

Loan
Rafinha (maybe)
Deulofeu (maybe)
Suarez
Bagnack

Adama, Roman, and Sandro should train with the first team, but play with the B team.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Thiago never really proved he could play that role and like Iniesta and Cesc looked better when given more freedom.

There are players at the club that can take over from Xavi - Busquets for one but he may be needed at DM and also Samper although a not quite there yet.

For me both Busquets and Samper are much more suited to Xavis dictating role than Thiago was.

It's true Thiago never gave you full confidence he could play the role, but he was also never given a full chance to do so. At Bayern he has been trusted more and he has shown the promise. He is still very young, and that role demands a lot of a player, you have to let them grow into it.

I don't think Busquets has the offensive projection required of the role, and regardless, he is arguably the worlds best CDM so it makes absolutely zero sense to move him into a potentially less efficient role and put in his original spot someone who will not be as good as him. That's handicapping two spots for no reason at all.

Samper, as you said, is not ready yet.

Antimadridista1

Real Madrid have Casemiro, Illaramendi, Khedira, Modric (and Nuri Sahin). Even if Alonso leaves in the end of the season, I just don't know where they want Gundogan to play.

JamDav1982

It's true Thiago never gave you full confidence he could play the role, but he was also never given a full chance to do so. At Bayern he has been trusted more and he has shown the promise. He is still very young, and that role demands a lot of a player, you have to let them grow into it.

I don't think Busquets has the offensive projection required of the role, and regardless, he is arguably the worlds best CDM so it makes absolutely zero sense to move him into a potentially less efficient role and put in his original spot someone who will not be as good as him. That's handicapping two spots for no reason at all.

Samper, as you said, is not ready yet.

Busquets is clearly the best DM in the world but he may also be the best all round midfielder in the world and could move further forward in my opinion.

For me he has the intelligence to play Xavis role and it may well be that he is the best option there even if it means there is no DM as good as him to take his place.

Samper is not ready yet but he may start to be in a years time so any signing of Gundogan would get in the way of his development, which looks inevitably end in him being a first team starter.

Just cant see them moving for Gundogan, as good a player as he is.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Busquets is clearly the best DM in the world but he may also be the best all round midfielder in the world and could move further forward in my opinion.

For me he has the intelligence to play Xavis role and it may well be that he is the best option there even if it means there is no DM as good as him to take his place.

Samper is not ready yet but he may start to be in a years time so any signing of Gundogan would get in the way of his development, which looks inevitably end in him being a first team starter.

It's been proposed before that Busquets shifts forward but I really don't see it. Xavi is much more mobile, constantly shuffling around and controlling all the passing play. Busquets doesn't move much relying on his positioning to fulfill his duty. Busi is intelligent enough to handle that role (IMO his own role requires more intelligence) but doesn't fit in it as well as he would in his native position. He's the best in the world at what he does, but pushing him forward would be putting a square peg in a round hole.

Samper isn't Xavi either, but he's a more forward minded CM than Busquets is. Samper hasn't really impressed me at all defensively at Barca B, yet his passing and control of the play has been great. It shows that he doesn't offer the full package of a pivot like Busi does, but does fit better as a playmaking CM.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Busquets has the brains, but I just don't see the offensive projection and mobility required. He will not be a better CM than CDM, and to move him there is to handicap two positions needlessly.

Samper is still at least 2 years away from a full team promotion. He is only 18 years old. It would be a tall order to promote a 19 year old and smack him right there in what perhaps could be the most difficult position in all world football, lone CDM for Barcelona.

JamDav1982

Busquets has the brains, but I just don't see the offensive projection and mobility required. He will not be a better CM than CDM, and to move him there is to handicap two positions needlessly.

Samper is still at least 2 years away from a full team promotion. He is only 18 years old. It would be a tall order to promote a 19 year old and smack him right there in what perhaps could be the most difficult position in all world football, lone CDM for Barcelona.

Fair play I just see it differently and think he does have the ability to replace Xavi and be the best in the world in that role or it may even be that he stays further back and Samper replaces Xavi in time but just don't feel Gundogan is needed.

Samper in just over a years time will be 20 and starting to push for first team minutes, minutes he wont get if Gundogan is brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans