Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Very good although I wouldn't read too much into it. Apart from the source, every rumour has to be taken with a grain of salt since it could be just a campaign for the elections. The fact that so many people praise Braida for his scouting in Italy makes me very suspicious since this is probably what they want to achieve with such covers and rumours.

Kovacic would be a decent signing though.

Not unless someone like Verratti, Gundogan, Pogba or Koke are signed with him. We need players who can start and dominate the midfield right now

We need to sign a player like that before a prospect and someone like Kovacic, Tielemans, Oliver Torres etc.

StarLord

Gundogan hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury. Not nearly as impactful as before, specially on the defensive side. It might take him longer to regain his form, but then again, he might never do so.

I do not know many players who have fully recovered after long-term lay-offs. In fact, I do not know any.

His injury was largely due to bad luck.

It kept him out for a colossal amount of time. That cannot be discounted in any way. Don't you think?

Frodo_FCB

Gundogan hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury. Not nearly as impactful as before, specially on the defensive side. It might take him longer to regain his form, but then again, he might never do so.

I would rather risk signing Gundogan than spending 120m for Pogba.

DonAK

I don't think we have a chance to get a CM before the Summer of 2016 with the new board(hopefully).

The problem we're going to face is that we'd need an established CM signing and Verratti is at PSG so he's never coming, Koke will most likely not come either, Pogba might be gone in summer and if not then his wage demands might put us off, what does it leave us with then?

We had a chance to sign Kroos in Summer, but blew it. Didn't even manage to sign a second capable CB because we were too busy chasing an unrealistic target whose club told us to fuck off from the beginning.

StarLord

Not unless someone like Verratti, Gundogan, Pogba or Koke are signed with him. We need players who can start and dominate the midfield right now

We need to sign a player like that before a prospect and someone like Kovacic, Tielemans, Oliver Torres etc.

First of all. You put 4 players in one sentence there, giving the impression that they are more or less of equal value or that are at least interchangeable.

If Gundogan is as good as Pogba, then why isn't there the same amount of interest for him? Why is it that Juventus can make these obscene transfer fee demands, and Pogba can make these obscene wage claims? If we had to list the above players in a hierarchical order, what would that be? I am guessing it would be something like:

1. Pogba

2. Koke

3. Veratti

4. Gundogan

DrPepper

Rafinha is better and has more potential than Kovavic. We need someone better than him..

No and no...

Strange that this "Gündogan hasn't been as good as before" argument is so prevalent, when the whole team of Dortmund has massively underperformed this season. At the same time, people would take Reus in a heartbeat. Double standards.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
First of all. You put 4 players in one sentence there, giving the impression that they are more or less of equal value or that are at least interchangeable.

If Gundogan is as good as Pogba, then why isn't there the same amount of interest for him? Why is it that Juventus can make these obscene transfer fee demands, and Pogba can make these obscene wage claims? If we had to list the above players in a hierarchical order, what would that be? I am guessing it would be something like:

1. Pogba

2. Koke

3. Veratti

4. Gundogan

Gundogan was really really good before his injury. Yes, I would put him in the same category as those player if he never got injured. Alas he was in fact injured, and has not looked the same since coming back.

Kohe321

Gundogan has shown flashes of his old form again, and comparing his performances with the current Dortmund is not fair, as they have been a collective shambles for a while now. That wasn't the case before, was it? So obviously the fact that the whole team has looked completely lost collectively has to be taken into consideration when judging how much he can control the tempo and dominate their midfield.

I think his injury is completely healed, and I believe he can bounce back to his old level. From what I've seen, he doesn't look bad, and his level was incredible before his injury - everyone who watched some Dortmund games back then can testify to that. He's still young enough that I think he can regain that old level. And even as he is now he could probably slot right into Barcas midfield as a CM and do well.

So yeah, at 35m it would absolutely be worth the "risk" in my opinion.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Strange that this "Gündogan hasn't been as good as before" argument is so prevalent, when the whole team of Dortmund has massively underperformed this season. At the same time, people would take Reus in a heartbeat. Double standards.

There's no double standards. If you watched Dortmund play you'd know Gundogan individually does not look the same as he did before his injury. Dortmund struggles notwithstanding, the player himself is not to the level he was before his injury. Might he recover, it's possible, but right now he's not the same.

Reus has nothing to do with this discussion.

StarLord

I would rather risk signing Gundogan than spending 120m for Pogba.

Is Pogba 120m worth of player? I really don't think so.

If Pogba does not come here, then why is Gundogan the automatic second option? I am guessing that there are at least another 10 players worthy of a look-in, before a player who has spent an entire season with zero football.

We may also have to play a more patient game with Pogba and Juventus. They are fully aware that we have elections coming up and that the board is desperate for a spectacular signing, and are trying to take advantage of that. If we sit this out, I am sure that we will be able to sign Pogba for much less than is currently being talked about.

DonAK

1. Pogba

2. Koke

3. Veratti

4. Gundogan

Gundogan before he was injured would have been our best option ahead of the Verratti, Koke and Pogba, but after his back injury which could happen to anyone if they are unfortunate enough like him, has put teams off.

He might not have regained his old form again, but neither have Dortmund. He is back in the Germany NT.

Kohe321

Gundogan before he was injured would have been our best option ahead of the Verratti, Koke and Pogba, but after his back injury which could happen to anyone if they are unfortunate enough like him, has put teams off.

He might not have regained his old form again, but neither have Dortmund. He is back in the Germany NT.

Hammer, meet nail.

Qonny

Because hype.

DonAK

Why can Pogba make these obscene wage demands? Why can Juventus command a crazy fee?

I'd say it partially because Pogba used to be in Man Utd's academy, so the English media are far more aware of him, which causes him to be hyped up more compared to his peers in Koke and Verratti who are no less, perhaps even better right now.

Pogba is also the more flashy player and everyone(media) loves flashy players.

Frodo_FCB

1. Pogba

2. Koke

3. Veratti

4. Gundogan

Some players are just overhyped and their managers doing a great job too. Not all players deserve the transfer fees spent for them, υnless you think that Bale, J. Rodriguez etc deserve all these amount of money.
As for the hierarchical order you posted above, most users here would put Veratti in first place, and maybe Koke above Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans