Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

Yeah, why did Bale cost what he did? The answer is hype.

Seriously Starlord, if we were to pick transfer targets based on who has the most amount of interest from other clubs, and who demands the biggest transfer and wage demands, we could might as well just close down our entire scouting department, hire one guy responsible for transfers and tell him to sign players based on whoever is flavor of the month on the internet. :lol:

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona just need a hard cap on Pogba. Set themselves limits and say, "this is as far as we're willing to go, they are fair limits, so you either want to be here or you don't" and then move on if it doesn't happen.

I like Pogba as a player, but all this drama and entitlement for a player who hasn't really earned it, young and talented he might be, but still he has achieved nothing and much about him is still a promised yet to deliver. I wouldn't mortgage a future for him.

I think that reported €70m bid as a close to my limit as it gets. More than that, I'd look for other options.

StarLord

Because hype.

So it's just arbitrary hype for this tall kid? He is no way better than Gundogan at the moment? Why are we, Real, Chelsea and City so interested in signing him? Has everyone gone insane at exactly the same time, for exactly the same random player?

Kohe321

So it's just arbitrary hype for this tall kid? He is no way better than Gundogan at the moment? Why are we, Real, Chelsea and City so interested in signing him? Has everyone gone insane at exactly the same time, for exactly the same random player?

He hasn't done anything to warrant becoming "the most expensive transfer ever", and demand wages of 12m a year. It's a combination of media hype, clubs getting interested that gets the ball rolling for even more media hype, and then fans from the different interested clubs getting on the hype-train etc. The same happened with James after the WC, and Bale at Tottenham.

He's a great player, just like James and Bale are, but surely you have to see that the numbers being thrown around regarding price and wages, and just the general level of insane praise surrounding him is over the top compared to how good he actually is? This is a textbook example of a hyped player. It basically happens every year, and this time it's Juventus who are the ones rubbing their hands together ready to cash in.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd try with activating Koke's 60m buyout clause one more time before bidding 70m for Pogba.

StarLord

Yeah, why did Bale cost what he did? The answer is hype.

Seriously Starlord, if we were to pick transfer targets based on who has the most amount of interest from other clubs, and who demands the biggest transfer and wage demands, we could might as well just close down our entire scouting department, hire one guy responsible for transfers and tell him to sign players based on whoever is flavor of the month on the internet. :lol:

When did I say that we should sign players based on interest from other clubs?

I was posing the very rationale question naturally arising from this situation. Why is Gundogan so out of favor, and why is Pogba so sought after?

Some people are saying because there is too much hype around Pogba. That maybe true, especially if he was an EPL player (like the example of Bale) or if he had a spectacular World Cup (like James, by the way, I think Jame is awesome)

But he is not an EPL player, he is not a Beckham-esque pretty boy, he is not some flashy South American, so I cannot really see why people would be so inclined to hype him that much.

Now, I am not denying that there is definitely a certain amount of hype around this player, but the way some of you are dismissing his reputation as purely the result of media hype, is not very credible.

Kohe321

When did I say that we should sign players based on interest from other clubs?

I was posing the very rationale question naturally arising from this situation. Why is Gundogan so out of favor, and why is Pogba so sought after?

Some people are saying because there is too much hype around Pogba. That maybe true, especially if he was an EPL player (like the example of Bale) or if he had a spectacular World Cup (like James, by the way, I think Jame is awesome)

But he is not an EPL player, he is not a Beckham-esque pretty boy, he is not some flashy South American, so I cannot really see why people would be so inclined to hype him that much.

Now, I am not denying that there is definitely a certain amount of hype around this player, but the way some of you are dismissing his reputation as purely the result of media hype, is not very credible.

I just answered this a couple of posts up.

Gaudi

I met a guy last year who was hyping Kovacic to the heavens. He was even confident (or stupid) enough to claim that Kovacic is the new Iniesta/Zidane and that he is a future Balon winner!!!

I told him, that I haven't really watched the kid play, but that he/we should be more patient when making claims about youngsters. The reason why I am bringing this up, is because this guy was not a complete idiot, in fact he knew a lot about football, even though he was too eager to show off his knowledge!

Can anyone who has seen Kovacic (Serie A fans for example) play extensively comment on his real potential? Because everyone looks good from youtube clips unfortunately.

You're right, your friend is not. I'm from croatia

Mido

1. By 2017 Alves will be 33.

2. Chelsea are not selling Azpilizueta to us. Unless they do, which may be worth it.

3. Roberto and Samper will prolly never make it for us. In the unlikely event that they do, I would be jizzing all over the place.

4. Bayern are not selling Gotze to us. He will also cost more than he is worth. The same applies for Pogba and Veratti as well. And I rate Gotze far lower than Pogba or Veratti.

5. If we can get Reus for 35m, then I am all for it. But can he play in midfield?

1. Age doesn't mean anything as long as it doesn't translate itself into performances

2. You may be right, we shall at least give it a try ( 12 million euros)

3. I had great expectations in Roberto back in 2011, now he clearly showed signs of improvement, could be a solid sub. Samper has a high potential, still needs to step up to the plate.

4. I would be ready to pay 50-60 M euros for Götze. Can play in the midfield and in the attack, and he is definitely more proven than Pogba. Comparing Götze with Verratti is like comparing a cat with a dog, two different kinds of players.

5. Reus can play in the Iniesta position, I have no doubt about it.

StarLord

He hasn't done anything to warrant becoming "the most expensive transfer ever", and demand wages of 12m a year. It's a combination of media hype, clubs getting interested that gets the ball rolling for even more media hype, and fans from different clubs getting on the hype-train etc. The same happened with James after the WC, and Bale at Tottenham.

He's a great player, just like James and Bale are, but surely you have to see that the numbers being thrown around regarding price and wages, and just the general level of insane praise surrounding him is over the top compared to how good he actually is? This is a textbook example of a hyped player. It basically happens every year, and this time it's Juventus who are the ones rubbing their hands together ready to cash in.

The numbers thrown around today are crazy, and Juventus are even crazier if they think that they will ever get such amounts. These are all negotiating tactics and even tactical diversion from our media.

I want Pogba to come to Barca, but for no more than 70m euros. And I do not think that any rival club will make a better offer than that. Maximum 80m. Absolute max.

BTW: I think James was more or less worth his money. Bale, not even remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans