Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

People are comparing Iniesta to Hazard and saying he can't replace him....that Iniesta is a CM and Hazard is not...so what? I agree, Hazard can't replace the Iniesta of 3 years ago when we were playing an ENTIRELY different kind of football....when Iniesta was in form, younger and topclass. Iniesta has not been anywhere near that form in years, and we do not play that type of football anymore because players that can play that type of football simply do not exist atm.

What I'm trying to say is....our midfield is in the middle of a major change, and that change will be whatever our board/coach want it to be. "Replacing" Iniesta doesn't mean putting a player as similar to him as possible in his position...that is just stupid.

Lucho has our LM and RM do a lot of defensive work, lots of running and our play is more direct, although we still enjoy a lot of possession. They cover the fullbacks. Is a weak, non-physical player like Iniesta the answer to that position? It's not...not anymore.

And enough with Samper, Denise Suarez etc no where near the quality we need. They would be rotation players like Roberto or Rafinha. We need WC STARTING midfielders...players who compliment our system and will take advantage of the end of Suarez and Messi's best years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

People are comparing Iniesta to Hazard and saying he can't replace him....that Iniesta is a CM and Hazard is not...so what? I agree, Hazard can't replace the Iniesta of 3 years ago when we were playing an ENTIRELY different kind of football....when Iniesta was in form, younger and topclass. Iniesta has not been anywhere near that form in years, and we do not play that type of football anymore because players that can play that type of football do not exist atm.

What I'm trying to say is....our midfield is in the middle of a major change, and that change will be whatever our board/coach want it to be. "Replacing" Iniesta doesn't mean putting a player as similar to him as possible in his position...that is just stupi

Lucho has our LM and RM do a lot of defensive work, lots of running and our play is more direct, although we still enjoy a lot of possession. They cover the fullbacks. Is a weak, non-physical player like Iniesta the answer to that position. It's not...not anymore.

And enough with Samper, Denise Suarez etc no where near the quality we need. They would be rotation players like Roberto or Rafinha. We need WC STARTING midfielders...players who compliment our system and will take advantage of the end of Suarez and Messi's best years.

Hazard is not a centre midfielder, he is a winger or at a push a second striker type.

No club would buy Hazard to play him in any position Iniesta has played in as he is type of player that goes to take risks and needs freedom to express himself.

Alen

People are comparing Iniesta to Hazard and saying he can't replace him....that Iniesta is a CM and Hazard is not...so what? I agree, Hazard can't replace the Iniesta of 3 years ago when we were playing an ENTIRELY different kind of football....when Iniesta was in form, younger and topclass. Iniesta has not been anywhere near that form in years, and we do not play that type of football anymore because players that can play that type of football simply do not exist atm.

What I'm trying to say is....our midfield is in the middle of a major change, and that change will be whatever our board/coach want it to be. "Replacing" Iniesta doesn't mean putting a player as similar to him as possible in his position...that is just stupid.

Lucho has our LM and RM do a lot of defensive work, lots of running and our play is more direct, although we still enjoy a lot of possession. They cover the fullbacks. Is a weak, non-physical player like Iniesta the answer to that position? It's not...not anymore.

Would you be ok with Neymar playing the Iniesta position?

Jombi

Why do we need two midfielders?

Isnt Samper supposed to play some type of role for the first team next season? I am not even counting Rafinha and Xavi, still there doesnt seem to be room for two new midfielders.

Co0ter

Iniesta was a CM but he had a lot of freedom in Pep's system, he spent a lot of time anywhere from the far wing to exchanging a series of quick passes in center mid. Hazard could do that too, no doubt. He can also attract and take on defenders from midfield lIke Iniesta used to do. Both are difficult to disposses, Iniesta just had better vision and Hazard a better finisher.

That said, I don't want Hazard as our LM in Lucho's system. He'd spend too much time defending and would have to be too disciplined. Players like Veratti and Koke fit his system much better...however I do believe with Busquets as DM and a versatile player like Veratti or Koke in our midfield allows the other mid to be a bit more "unsafe" or direct imo...the LB just needs to be a bit more wary.

JamDav1982

Iniesta was a CM but he had a lot of freedom in Pep's system, he spent a lot of time anywhere from the far wing to exchanging a series of quick passes in center mid. Hazard could do that too, no doubt. He can also attract and take on defenders from midfield lIke Iniesta used to do. Both are difficult to disposses, Iniesta just had better vision and Hazard a better finisher.

That said, I don't want Hazard as our LM in Lucho's system. He'd spend too much time defending and would have to be too disciplined. Players like Veratti and Koke fit his system much better...however I do believe with Busquets as DM and a versatile player like Veratti or Koke in our midfield allows the other mid to be a bit more "unsafe" or direct imo...the LB just needs to be a bit more wary.[/QUOT

Have to disagree there. Iniesta in Peps team was a player that looked to keep possession and was a system player first and foremost.

Cannot see for the life of me Hazard ever playing in midfield at Barca.

Who knows though you could be on to something.

G

Gasgas

That said, I don't want Hazard as our LM in Lucho's system. He'd spend too much time defending and would have to be too disciplined. Players like Veratti and Koke fit his system much better...however I do believe with Busquets as DM and a versatile player like Veratti or Koke in our midfield allows the other mid to be a bit more "unsafe" or direct imo...the LB just needs to be a bit more wary.
But we are not playing pep system. Pep is not our coach lucho is, hazard is a winger/forward iniesta is a CM/DM totally different even in pep's system hazard wouldnt have fit in that poosition,
Hazard is one of the most dispossesed players in the top 5 leagues with 3 dispossessions per game or more, he is a risk taker just like neymar, messi. You dont want to waste money buying him and contain him in midfied where he has to defend :banghead:

DrPepper

But we are not playing pep system. Pep is not our coach lucho is, hazard is a winger/forward iniesta is a CM/DM totally different even in pep's system hazard wouldnt have fit in that poosition,
Hazard is one of the most dispossesed players in the top 5 leagues with 3 dispossessions per game or more, he is a risk taker just like neymar, messi. You dont want to waste money buying him and contain him in midfied where he has to defend :banghead:

I agree, but why do you want Pogba then? He has more dispossessions per 90 mins than Hazard.

Co0ter

That said, I don't want Hazard as our LM in Lucho's system. He'd spend too much time defending and would have to be too disciplined. Players like Veratti and Koke fit his system much better...however I do believe with Busquets as DM and a versatile player like Veratti or Koke in our midfield allows the other mid to be a bit more "unsafe" or direct imo...the LB just needs to be a bit more wary.[/QUOT

Have to disagree there. Iniesta in Peps team was a player that looked to keep possession and was a system player first and foremost.

Cannot see for the life of me Hazard ever playing in midfield at Barca.

Who knows though you could be on to something.

You remember our strict 75% + possession and Iniesta/Xavi dominating possession, I miss it too. However Xavi was always safer with possession and I remember Iniesta drawing in defenders and dribbling them all the time. Also, to my frustration I remember Pep playing him on the LW at times eveN when our forwards were healthy, much to my frustration since I enjoyed him much more as CM.

Hazard is quality. Great under pressure, hard to disposses and one of the best dribblers out there. He has the talent to fit in, especially since like I said we can rebuild our midfield however we want atm.

Unfortunately I'm realistic and know neither Veratti or Hazard will join us hehe no idea on Koke and Pogba for 100 million is just sadness.

G

Gasgas

I agree, but why do you want Pogba then? He has more dispossessions per 90 mins than Hazard.

No he doesnt, hazard was in the top 10 dispossesed and pogba wasnt iin the top ten, he had 2 point something the last time i checked.
His number is fairly okay for a player who is the key source of flair and creativity for their team, and literally the only decent dribbler in juve, and he has more features that suit the midfield. He can defend, his passing is excellent as seen when he is the main playmaker in the france NT, he is physically good, and can play wide range of roles in midfield while hazard would be lost in midfield

Bertus

RMC, the french radio discussed the Barca's offer for Pogba.

As I said in the Pogba thread:

- Raiola is not ok with it (85M + 2 players. He doesn't think it's acceptable).
- RMC sources said that's because Juve doesn't want the 2 players Barca is offering.
- Therefore if Barca is serious, we can expect a 100M++ euros offer soon, with no player included.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You remember our strict 75% + possession and Iniesta/Xavi dominating possession, I miss it too. However Xavi was always safer with possession and I remember Iniesta drawing in defenders and dribbling them all the time. Also, to my frustration I remember Pep playing him on the LW at times eveN when our forwards were healthy, much to my frustration since I enjoyed him much more as CM.

Hazard is quality. Great under pressure, hard to disposses and one of the best dribblers out there. He has the talent to fit in, especially since like I said we can rebuild our midfield however we want atm.

Unfortunately I'm realistic and know neither Veratti or Hazard will join us hehe no idea on Koke and Pogba for 100 million is just sadness.

Harzard is not a CM, Barca need CMs, that's pretty much it. There's more to the position than dribbling. Further, it's extremely unlikely for Chelsea to sell Hazard, so this point is doubly moot.

DrPepper

No he doesnt, hazard was in the top 10 dispossesed and pogba wasnt iin the top ten, he had 2 point something the last time i checked.
His number is fairly okay for a player who is the key source of flair and creativity for their team, and literally the only decent dribbler in juve, and he has more features that suit the midfield. He can defend, his passing is excellent as seen when he is the main playmaker in the france NT, he is physically good, and can play wide range of roles in midfield while hazard would be lost in midfield

Then check again. 3,1 dispossessions per 90 mins. #fact

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/87

Detailed -> Possession loss -> per 90 mins

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
RMC, the french radio discussed the Barca's offer for Pogba.

As I said in the Pogba thread:

- Raiola is not ok with it (85M + 2 players. He doesn't think it's acceptable).
- RMC sources said that's because Juve doesn't want the 2 players Barca is offering.
- Therefore if Barca is serious, we can expect a 100M++ euros offer soon, with no player included.

I hope the new board vetoes this move. I like Pogba, but these fees + wages are ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans