Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaudi

Rumors about Kovačić are back.
I'd take him in case Xavi leaves. He could be eased in when Iniesta is rested and by then we'd know if he can make it here or not.
Rakitic will help with transition.

Hmm I don't know. He is one of 3 mega uber and whatever else cro journalist come up talents. It's him, Coric and Halilovic. He is a bit older and therefore more finished product. Alen was always a bit more arrogant while Kovacic has this good guy vibe. But I don't like that he couldn't really make it in Inter. Whenever I watched him he didn't look that smart (football wise) and also pretty scared. He looks scared and then suddenly starts some suicide run. He does have this Prosinecki type hip movement though, actually reminding me on Iniesta as well.
My problem is that he didn't explode, he could of course but he could end being decent squad player. Do we need squad player with Rafa (who can still make it great), Sergi, Samper and in the enh Halilovic?
Of course noone would be happier than me to have 2 croats in my favourite team but I'm not 100% sure...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we are the worst at hating our own. Certain Croat here on the forum insisted that Rakitic would fail.
If you indeed watched Inter, you wouldn't have said that he never impressed.

Now, I didn't say he would be a starter. As Xavi is probably leaving, all we need is an understudy for Iniesta. And Kovačić is a player that reminds the most of Iniesta. Said so from his Dinamo days.

Gaudi

Well, we are the worst at hating our own. Certain Croat here on the forum insisted that Rakitic would fail.
If you indeed watched Inter, you wouldn't have said that he never impressed.

Now, I didn't say he would be a starter. As Xavi is probably leaving, all we need is an understudy for Iniesta. And Kovačić is a player that reminds the most of Iniesta. Said so from his Dinamo days.

Where did I wrote he never impressed?
My point is he didn't shine as well, with so much talent as people belive he has he should be doing better..after all he is only a year younger than Pogba.

Gaudi

Speaking of young Croats, Coric had an interview and said he supports Barca and has favourite player is Messi

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Veratti is a tempo keeper while Pogba is an attacking player with unpredictability.

So it's depends on what midfield balance you are looking for. Pogba fills Iniesta's role more like for like but with a different flavour.

Or we could get Marco and tell rakitic to make the forward runs more instead of keeping the tempo (that would be marcos job)

Bertus

Veratti is a tempo keeper while Pogba is an attacking player with unpredictability.

So it's depends on what midfield balance you are looking for. Pogba fills Iniesta's role more like for like but with a different flavour.

Or we could get Marco and tell rakitic to make the forward runs more instead of keeping the tempo (that would be marcos job)

Before thinking of what's Marco could do and where he would play, I'm interested in Barca plan to snatch him from PSG. Because so far it looks like a lost cause.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Veratti, Pogba and Koke are all unrealistic imo for various reasons. Pogba is the most attainable but he'll cost a lot.

I wouldn't mind looking elsewhere if it means avoiding a thiago silva type situation.

Jombi

What about Morgan Sanson from Montpellier? Whenever I've seen him play he stands out.

Bertrus? What do you think of him?

DrPepper

Rakitic isn't the one who keeps the tempo now anyway. Unless Xavi plays there's no clear player who has that job.

Ivan can offer the same things that Pogba would offer here. Only difference is that Pogba is more physical, but that's it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Rakitic isn't the one who keeps the tempo now anyway. Unless Xavi plays there's no clear player who has that job.

Ivan can offer the same things that Pogba would offer here. Only difference is that Pogba is more physical, but that's it.

Pogba is more technical - better dribbling and better in tight spaces - more calm on the ball etc. Let's be honest, Raki has done great - but Pogba is a star in the making. But would Pogba be a good fit for our midfield, being the top dog (Xavi will probably leave and Iniesta has had a mediocre 1-2 seasons now)? Not sure. Anyway, it will be interesting to follow him wherever he goes (besides RM lol)

Don Andrésº8

man i really think pobga is overrated he is good but not the next zidane how many say, and for me he would not suit in our team, he doesnt suit our game style, gundogan in other hand would be perfetc, if he maintain the best form.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gundogan does look to have more fight in him but that position is already covered with Rakitic.
We need someone to slowly take over Iniesta's role.

Stric

We will eventually need someone for the master-of-puppets role that Xavi has occupied so far. I can't see us going on for long without having someone play that part. Unfortunately, except Modrić, I don't see anyone particularly appropriate for that role.

mark1nhu

Gundogan does look to have more fight in him but that position is already covered with Rakitic.
We need someone to slowly take over Iniesta's role.

But I think we should get Gundogan anyway.

His contract expires in 2016 and won't be renewed. Dortmund need to sell asap.

We can buy for cheap, as a bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans