Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just proving a point about you implying I was 'lying', I don't want to get into a philosophical ontological/epistemological discussion of "what is really real, what is really true" etc. You obviously believe Adama has more potential than I do, I think he lacks a football brain and only runs forward like a headless chicken. You obviously can't convince me about his greatness and I will not try to convince you about my conviction in his qualities, truce?

I could do without the strawman arguments, I never said he had a footballing brain in fact I point it out that thats his one flaw. All I did was disagree with you about his lack of technical abilities and showed you proof of his dribbling. Nothing about greatness but whatever.

JamDav1982

I could do without the strawman arguments, I never said he had a footballing brain in fact I point it out that thats his one flaw. All I did was disagree with you about his lack of technical abilities and showed you proof of his dribbling. Nothing about greatness but whatever.

A video of a players best bits is no evidence of technical quality though.

It doesnt take into any account how often the player tries and fails at those moves which is a detriment to the team.

A video of a players best bits is no evidence of technical quality though.

It doesnt take into any account how often the player tries and fails at those moves which is a detriment to the team.

I see that as indicitive of his lack of a footballing IQ. He's too stupid to realize that most of the time trying to get past 5 players isn't possible unless your name is Messi or Iniesta. But not being able to get past 5 players doesn't mean he's without technical abilities it just means that his abilities are good enough for 2-3 maybe even 4 but not 5.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

And I agreed with you in my first post after you wrote that. But technical ability is much more than just running past players, that is probably where we don't agree. I never implied you said he had a football brain either, but I still brought it up since we're discussing him as a player - didn't know only you could set the agenda about what we can talk about.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
And besides, there are countless of examples of players with 'technical ability' that have failed miserably.

And I agreed with you in my first post after you wrote that. But technical ability is much more than just running past players, that is probably where we don't agree. I never implied you said he had a football brain either, but I still brought it up since we're discussing him as a player - didn't know only you could set the agenda about what we can talk about.

Well I guess the misunderstanding on my part was in the term technical ability, I see it as purely describing a player's control of the ball in motion or otherwise be that while trying to evade other players, shooting, or trying to find teammates through passes/crosses, all abilities that Adama has.

Edit: Yeah there are many examples of those, Adama will probably make it but not at Barca, probably at an EPL team, even if he were to get a better understanding of the game Messi is on the RW for the next 2 maybe even three seasons depending on how his peak goes/ if we get a replacement for Suarez who'll be hitting 30 by then.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
According to several spanish medias Barca have signed Rafa Mujica from Unión Deportiva Las Palmas. Any truth to it and he is actually good ?

M

monamou

Barcelona are still interested in Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (24). Medical test showed he totally recovered from back injury. [md]

Barcilliant

I am sick of all these kids with "potential ". Potential is nothing if you don't realise it. How many Masia products have been overhyped. Delofeu, Dongou, Adama,Suarez, Grimaldo, Samper, Hallalovic..... the list goes on.
The Korean kid is the latest.
Our scouting system needs a revamp. I'd rather see us splurge 30 million on a proper scouting system. Something like Portos.

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro showed against Bayern that he simply doesn't have what we need anymore. It's a shame really, we sold the wrong winger last season to Arsenal. *Alexis would have had a field day with Suarez*, but then again, he probably wouldn't have wanted a bit role like Pedro has had.

When exactly in the Bayern game did Pedro play with Suarez? ;) The few times Pedro has started with Suarez CF and Messi RW, the front three have scored blowouts. The second half against Bayern proves nothing (other than Pedro isn't Suarez, which has always been the case, and always will be).

Barça could certainly use a solid CF sub for Suarez (though, on the basis of the last run of games, one wonders if any of the front three will allow themselves to be rested at all, short of injury or illness). Pedro is a fine sub for Neymar, but Barça reverts to a false 9 Messi if Pedro needs to come on for Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans