Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

You might 've to reconsider the aforementioned transfers. Reina's L.pool contract expires in '16. And whilst you've made a case for the Torres signing, you've overlooked the small matter of his wages. He's on something like 16M€, and considering Iniesta, same age as the former(29), but a regular starter is earning 5, you've to wonder if the Spaniard will be willing to take more than 50% reduction on his current wage packet, to embrace a squad role at Camp Nou.

Note: cannot validate the legitimacy of the quotes figures (if someone can bring more accurate ones from a reputable source, it will be appreciated). Regardless, I reckon the disparity will still remain significant, and thus a subject of contention.

déjà vu, isn't it? The clowns at SPORT.es did similar with T.Silva -¡Fichaje Cerrado!, only it turned out bogus. I don't know why the source is still allowed here, should 've been censored and banned long time ago. They put the incompetent DM and Goal to shame. And people are naïve to continue believing them. :facepalm:

Reina is on very high wages and is not needed by Liverpool.

If he insists to them that only team he will move to is Barca then I think they may well let him go for next to nothing.

i_bleed_blaugrana

You might 've to reconsider the aforementioned transfers. Reina's L.pool contract expires in '16. And whilst you've made a case for the Torres signing, you've overlooked the small matter of his wages. He's on something like 16M€, and considering Iniesta, same age as the former(29), but a regular starter is earning 5, you've to wonder if the Spaniard will be willing to take more than 50% reduction on his current wage packet, to embrace a squad role at Camp Nou.

Note: cannot validate the legitimacy of the quotes figures (if someone can bring more accurate ones from a reputable source, it will be appreciated). Regardless, I reckon the disparity will still remain significant, and thus a subject of contention.

I based my numbers on transfermarket, its not a 100% but its pretty close to the mark. Its also important to remember that English tax rates are much different and much more stringent than Spanish ones and while the national max is higher than England's, its much easier to find loopholes in Spain than England. So your point on the their wages is valid but a partial reason why both of them have such high wages is to accommodate for their tax system.

Plus, I'd be very surprised if neither of them were willing to take a small wage decrease to play for us.

Barcilliant

Can someone please explain this obsession with Gundogan??

PLEASE-I want an explanation. Our midfield (which was our greatest strength) is getting dominated nowadays. NOONE CAN REPLACE Xavi! He is a once in a generation player. Getting someone like Gundogan and expecting him to do a Xavi is foolish and counter productive. Our problem with the midfield is its too small and weak. Busi is a fantastic player BUT even he suffers when we go up against physically superior opposition who have a degree of skill. This will be a massive problem against City cause I expect Yaya to have a massive game and City will probably dominate our midfield and cause us problems.

We need someone like Vidal. Strong, skilfull, huge work rate, defence, offence and a pretty damn good goal scorer to boot. We miss the Keitas, Yayas, Abidals etc. We have NO physical presence whatsoever. Busquets, Pique, Batra are tall but weak as piss. Busquets and Pique are weak in the air and Batra is just about average.

Forget Gundogan-it aint gonna happen.

AfricanBavarian

Can someone please explain this obsession with Gundogan??

PLEASE-I want an explanation. Our midfield (which was our greatest strength) is getting dominated nowadays. NOONE CAN REPLACE Xavi! He is a once in a generation player. Getting someone like Gundogan and expecting him to do a Xavi is foolish and counter productive. Our problem with the midfield is its too small and weak. Busi is a fantastic player BUT even he suffers when we go up against physically superior opposition who have a degree of skill. This will be a massive problem against City cause I expect Yaya to have a massive game and City will probably dominate our midfield and cause us problems.

We need someone like Vidal. Strong, skilfull, huge work rate, defence, offence and a pretty damn good goal scorer to boot. We miss the Keitas, Yayas, Abidals etc. We have NO physical presence whatsoever. Busquets, Pique, Batra are tall but weak as piss. Busquets and Pique are weak in the air and Batra is just about average.

Forget Gundogan-it aint gonna happen.

Gundogan has shown he is as complete as a midfielder as Yaya and Vidal. He is strong, skillful, creative, huge work rate on both sides of the ball and has a good goal scoring rate. BvB have missed him greatly as he is the complete midfielder who gives them everything they need. So this "obsession" with Gundogan is highly justified and any club would be lucky to have him...

MrKnowitAlll

Gundogan has shown he is as complete as a midfielder as Yaya and Vidal. He is strong, skillful, creative, huge work rate on both sides of the ball and has a good goal scoring rate. BvB have missed him greatly as he is the complete midfielder who gives them everything they need. So this "obsession" with Gundogan is highly justified and any club would be lucky to have him...

i disagree to me Gundogan is average and cant replace Xavi. Dortmund might have missed him but i dont see him at Barca.

I dont even know where his hype came from.

Barcilliant

Gundogan is a terrific player-no doubt. Lacks height though and the rumours linking him with RM are PERSISTENT. I also thinks Tata wants a more direct, power oriented approach.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Gundogan is a terrific player-no doubt. Lacks height though and the rumours linking him with RM are PERSISTENT. I also thinks Tata wants a more direct, power oriented approach.

The persistent rumours have persistently been denied by Güdogan's representatives and the BVB board. Doesn't make a move unlikely, but the rumours are no indication whatsoever. If we went for him, I think we'd have a chance - no guarantee he'd choose us over RM but two of his close friends have negative experiences with RM (Sahin, Ozil) and he has talked positively of Barça in the past. So it's not as if he's definitely RM-headed.
Anyway, I'd like him at Barça, for exactly the reasons Sumlit explained. He's not the only choice though.

MrKnowitAlll

Be honest how much of BvB do u watch?

quite a lot actually and i think the only reason he stands out is because he plays in dortmund. i mean i the whole dortmund team is amazing so obviously he would be seen as decent. they are so good they made Großkreutz look good. this is proven that everyone who leaves dortmund ( with gotze as an exception ) fails.

imo he wont have an impact in barca and its a much better if we stay with sergi or just trust in our youth academy.

iam not denying that he has been amazing for dortmund and whateva but i am saying he wont succeed at barca and i think he is overrated in this forum.

NeyMesSis

quite a lot actually and i think the only reason he stands out is because he plays in dortmund. i mean i the whole dortmund team is amazing so obviously he would be seen as decent. they are so good they made Großkreutz look good. this is proven that everyone who leaves dortmund ( with gotze as an exception ) fails.

imo he wont have an impact in barca and its a much better if we stay with sergi or just trust in our youth academy.

iam not denying that he has been amazing for dortmund and whateva but i am saying he wont succeed at barca and i think he is overrated in this forum.

you really have the wrong name :D

L

linetty

That's bs. He would surely be an improvement to our team...

suckabov

Lemon curry?

Dortmund haven't made any players look amazing that aren't amazing. It's true that they live off their team spirit, effort and work but at no point has Grosskreutz looked like a potentially world-class player the way Gundogan, Reus, Lewandowski, Gotze etc have. He has been invaluable for Dortmund contribution-wise, but I don't believe anyone at any point thought him to be one of the future greats or expected him to be a main improvement to another team. He is great for them because he is Dortmund born and bred, he fits their spirit, philosophy and playing style. He's not comparable to players like Gündogan, Reus or Gotze, who have looked amazing because of their individual quality.

Gundogan's absence is one of the main reasons Dortmund are struggling in the league, and he's proven his quality for Germany too. No doubt he would make it at other teams too, including Barça.

I don't know what players you mean that left Dortmund and failed. Kagawa's spell on the bench wasn't really down to his quality; and Sahin was never considered to be the talent that Gundogan is.

Alarcón

Our problem with the midfield is its too small and weak.

That is quite clearly not the case, nor has it ever been. The whole philosophy of Barça is based on the notion that a player's phisique doesn't matter, as long as his abilities on the ball are great.

This will be a massive problem against City cause I expect Yaya to have a massive game and City will probably dominate our midfield and cause us problems.

According to your logic, almost any team would dominate us. I'll just leave it at that.

i mean i the whole dortmund team is amazing so obviously he would be seen as decent.

He isn't seen as decent, he's the engine of their team and one of, if not the most important player for Dortmund right now. They're a lot worse without him and it shows.

they are so good they made Großkreutz look good.

Grosskreutz doesn't look any better than he is, he is not the technically most gifted player but he makes up for it with his hard work and determination.

this is proven that everyone who leaves dortmund ( with gotze as an exception ) fails.

Well, who else was there? Kagawa and Sahin? I don't think 3 people is big enough a sample to judge the whole team.

I agree with you that we should prefer homegrown players over others but if there is an obvious lack of talent in a particular position, we can't just count on those that we have and hope for the best. Barça should always strive for the best and Gündogan is one of the best in his position, he's young and seems to suit our playing style. Buying players is always a risk - if a player fails to live up to the expectations, we'll sell him with a loss - but it always happens, even with teams who have a fantastic transfer policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans