Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
haven't seen much of denis suarez but is it possible he could take over from iniesta and we don't need a midfielder at all? we could focus on a backup forward and our lineup will be complete.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah lucho signed rakitic too. Suarez isn't his signing. It is the board signing. You can find some of his quotes after he came in that zubi and the board are already trying to bring Suarez. Lucho said "if you can bring do so" or something of that sorts. He just gave the green light but Suarez was in plans before we even hired Lucho.

I also trust his judgement but the recent rumours are troubling. Iborra? Parejo? They are good but are they barca good? We already have rafinha and Roberto. And soon Denis, samper and halilovic will come along.

xXKonan

I've read that Iborra has been playing in more of an attack minded Midfielder under Emery this season instead of being a DM. Not sure if he's Barca Quality but I can understand why Lucho might want him Since he can play a number of Positions (DM,CM,AM).

Jombi

Yeah lucho signed rakitic too. Suarez isn't his signing. It is the board signing. You can find some of his quotes after he came in that zubi and the board are already trying to bring Suarez. Lucho said "if you can bring do so" or something of that sorts. He just gave the green light but Suarez was in plans before we even hired Lucho.

I also trust his judgement but the recent rumours are troubling. Iborra? Parejo? They are good but are they barca good? We already have rafinha and Roberto. And soon Denis, samper and halilovic will come along.

Parejo and Camacho are both better than Herrera from United, but probably not good enough for Barca unless we can get a good price. I cant see Valencia selling Parejo.

I do think it is worrying that Lucho gets so much freedom since he obviously is pretty clueless about other leagues than La Liga, so he will miss a huge part of the market. But I guess that is a price we have to pay for him to sign a new deal for us.

mssarm

Parejo and Camacho are both better than Herrera from United, but probably not good enough for Barca unless we can get a good price. I cant see Valencia selling Parejo.

I do think it is worrying that Lucho gets so much freedom since he obviously is pretty clueless about other leagues than La Liga, so he will miss a huge part of the market. But I guess that is a price we have to pay for him to sign a new deal for us.
Pep was clueless about outside La Liga players, did he miss huge part of the market too?
This is the danger of letting Lucho control all the transfers. How on earth can he know what is available in the market around the world? In the end, his main task is to be a coach, and naturally he would have very limited knowledge of players who dont play in La Liga, which of course he analyzes as part of the job as coach when we meet them. So we end up ignoring lots of players that would have been better for us that Lucho doesnt know about.
And by the way, Lucho doesn't control all the transfers and he never did.I don't think you understand how the acquisition works.

Last edited:

Jombi

Pep was clueless about outside La Liga players, did he miss huge part of the market too? I don't think you understand how the acquisition works.

Actually he did. When Pep was given full freedom on the market after our treble season in 2009, we ended up with the horrible summer of 2009, paying 75m euros+Eto'o for Ibra and Chygrynskiy, in effect paying a truck load of money to weaken our team.

mssarm

Actually he did. When Pep was given full freedom on the market after our treble season in 2009, we ended up with the horrible summer of 2009, paying 75m euros+Eto'o for Ibra and Chygrynskiy, in effect paying a truck load of money to weaken our team.
Pep weakened our team... Great observation, no more arguments.

Jombi

Pep weakened our team... Great observation, no more arguments.

The transfer summer of 2009 was horrible and it definitely weakened our team. We basically handed Inter the CL of 2010 as a result of our terrible dealings with them the year before when we gave them Etoo and a huge amount of money to strenthen their team further.

Pep was great but his market knowledge was pretty crappy.

sawyer

Hey guys,

I can't understand why any pre-candidate has talked with Arda turan. This one could be a good choice in the midfield to "replace" Xavi.. Don't think so?

Jombi

Hey guys,

I can't understand why any pre-candidate has talked with Arda turan. This one could be a good choice in the midfield to "replace" Xavi.. Don't think so?

The guy turns 29 years in January. Not really a good candidate IMO. We need to start looking at younger players. We already have bought our share of 26+ players last year. If we are not careful, we would be in a situation in a few years where close to our entire team needs to be replaced at the same time.

StarLord

The transfer summer of 2009 was horrible and it definitely weakened our team. We basically handed Inter the CL of 2010 as a result of our terrible dealings with them the year before when we gave them Etoo and a huge amount of money to strengthen their team further.

Pep was great but his market knowledge was pretty crappy.

It was that stupid thing, and that bus ride to Milan.

That loss to Inter will haunt me forever.

StarLord

I remember Dalitis, you never stopped moaning about it

It would have been 3 CLs on the trot if not for that (as it should have been, and no Jose revival) Eto'o for Ibra, Iniesta & Abidal injured, stupid bus ride after that stupid Espanyol away game...man, how can I forget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans