Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

raki

One pic for barça selling strategy

images

PhilS

My God we have made some shitty transfers through the years. Moreover: Chygrynski, Hleb, Gudjonssen, Affellay and of course, Ibra.

Barca got excellent value in Affellay, I'll never forget him winning that CL game in England. Just one win like that is a whole lot for a player that cheap.

Ibra was a truly costly escapade, and others also have not worked out.

When I look at Barca acquisitions over the last few years, Neymar and Suarez are the whole story. I am deeply grateful, these are looking like two of the three best transfers of all time (along with CR7 by RM). So many posters on this forum obsess about the relatively cheap players bought to fill out the squad. Of course they don't all pan out, but so what? Your team lives or dies based almost completely on its top 15 or so players.

Jombi

Barca got excellent value in Affellay, I'll never forget him winning that CL game in England. Just one win like that is a whole lot for a player that cheap.

Ibra was a truly costly escapade, and others also have not worked out.

When I look at Barca acquisitions over the last few years, Neymar and Suarez are the whole story. I am deeply grateful, these are looking like two of the three best transfers of all time (along with CR7 by RM). So many posters on this forum obsess about the relatively cheap players bought to fill out the squad. Of course they don't all pan out, but so what? Your team lives or dies based almost completely on its top 15 or so players.

Honorable mentions to Pirlo to Juventus for free, Vieira to Arsenal for 3m euros and a bag of chips, Bergkamp to Arsenal for 4m euros and Henry to Arsenal for 10m euros. These players went on to play for half a decade or more at world class level for their club while costing close to nothing. And yes, even though transfer prices are higher today, the prices for these players were still rock bottom when they were made.

You cant really compare two of the 4 most expensive players ever, like Neymar and Suarez (and they have only been at the club for a short while) to deals like these above.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Honorable mentions to Pirlo to Juventus for free, Vieira to Arsenal for 3m euros and a bag of chips, Bergkamp to Arsenal for 4m euros and Henry to Arsenal for 10m euros.

You cant really compare two of the 4 most expensive players ever to deals like these above.

Bergkamp was closer to 11m Euros at the time which was a lot of money in England and trebled the Arsenal record fee.

What a player though and bargain none the less.

Jombi

Bergkamp was closer to 11m Euros at the time which was a lot of money in England and trebled the Arsenal record fee.

What a player though and bargain none the less.

Fair enough, but talk about Neymar and Suarez being the 2 of the 3 best transfers ever is quite ridiculous when comparing to some of the transfer deals that has been made. How much did Cantona go for when moving to United? Two bag of chips?

And talk about one goal against RM or in the CL being enough to make a transfer "worth it" while the rest of the players' career being a big failure is baloney IMO. Hell, even some forumers in here could score a goal if played for Barcelona. Doesnt make it worth it to pay 5m euros for a forumer in here.

Last edited:

StarLord

Pretty sure Pogba is a done deal with Man City ...

Wait what? How? Why? Oh now I get it, he wants to play in a league where "anything can happen"...

I'd honestly prefer to stick with Rafinha, Samper and Roberto.

None of which have demonstrated to be capable of starting games for us. If we bring any of Iborra/Parejo/Darder, it will be as a stop-gap until some big name (a la Pogba is brought in)

[tw]614400287722340352[/tw]

If true it's another shockingly bad deal for us.

We must be the worst selling club in the world.

A player that has hardly ever played, cannot sell for very much.

Looks like Lucho when he leaves wants to leave behind LL's mediocrity @ Barca

Is shitting on Lucho still fashionable? It was juvenile back in November or January, but now it is just downright ridiculous.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona want to sign both Arda Turan (28) and Paul Pogba (22). First would start playing in January, second would join next summer. [md]

BBZ8800

Barcelona want to sign both Arda Turan (28) and Paul Pogba (22). First would start playing in January, second would join next summer. [md]

When MD writes this, WHO is exactly BARCA in this moment?

Batro?
Laporta?
Newspapers?
Lucho?
Braida?
Barcaforum?
Random dude on internet?

Barca wants someone?
These articles are insane, seriously.

(Egert, this is not against you, mate)

Status
Not open for further replies.