Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Prices are skyrocketing every year. I think we can expect us to pay close to 200m euros for each of Suarez and Messi replacements. And yes, I am pretty sure they will be replaced with some "crack" at a premium. My experience is that we never get money for players past 30, we are even struggling to get any money at all for players below 30. We just get chump change.

All players we have in our current squad are members of the team and need to be replaced IMO to keep the same squad depth. That includes replacements for backup players as well. If Alves retires, we have to get another RB, even if Vidal proves successful.

Replacements for Pique and Mascherano? Easily 60m euros each in 2-3 years if we want world class CBs.

There is a point until it is sensible to pay some amounts.
If you can earn, let's say 100M for winning the Champions league, and if you can earn 200M from sponsors and shirts sales per Season, then 300M is the maximum which you can earn in one Season.

That means that it makes sense to spend only LESS that 300M if you want to gain any profit in that Season.
Spending 400M for transfers and player's wages and earning maximum 300M is a bad business.
We will win trophies? So what? We can't operate that way because we will get into extreme debts in 3-4 Seasons.

So, you say that prices are higher and higher each Season, but that is only because of a supply and demand, and because of rich owners from English teams and Psg. And because of high sponsorship money in England.

But also, even the current prices has some limit.
Again, if the maximum of earnings will stay, let's say 300M per Season, then prices WON'T rise further, and there is no way that a RB or defensive midfielder will cost 100 Millions.
Because no one will pay those prices because they are not worth it.

If people are currently overpaying, well we still haven't reached the limit.
Prices will either stop to rise, or they will continue to rise, but then it would mean that sponsorship money will be even higher and sponsors would compensate/cover expensive transfers.

Anyway, my point is, that you can't expect both:
1. to prices rise more and more
2. earnings from CL and sponsors staying the same
3. us not getting any money for older Messi, Suarez and similar etc
4. plus, you can't just spend 100M on each position because we need world-class players. You need some maths, balance, accounting, predicting whether that is a good investment (a player alone, a player compared with the value of the whole team, predictions how much your team can win/earn in the next 2-3-4-5 years etc)

This is why some posts like: but we need Pogba (or any other player) for XX amount of Millions doesn't make sense sometimes.
And something like: a price doesn't matter at all, we need him!
Football is about fun, fans and titles, but it is also a business.
There is a limit for each transfer and for a budget in each Season.
We can't just spend 100M on every player and we have to balance the team with some 20M transfers/lower wages/smaller rooster also.

Last edited:

StarLord

Prices are skyrocketing every year. I think we can expect us to pay close to 200m euros for each of Suarez and Messi replacements. And yes, I am pretty sure they will be replaced with some "crack" at a premium. My experience is that we never get money for players past 30, we are even struggling to get any money at all for players below 30. We just get chump change.

All players we have in our current squad are members of the team and need to be replaced IMO to keep the same squad depth. That includes replacements for backup players as well. If Alves retires, we have to get another RB, even if Vidal proves successful.

Replacements for Pique and Mascherano? Easily 60m euros each in 2-3 years if we want world class CBs.

We are one of the richest clubs in Europe. If our board does the right moves our revenue should be way up in coming years. We are the biggest, most successful club on the planet during the past decade by far, is about time we cash in on that fact.

Replacing players will not happen all at once, and if you compare our situation to that of other major clubs around Europe you will see that we are probably in a better spot than any of them. Just look at Bayern and the ages of their key players.

G

Gasgas

we are going after him a bit late, we should have gone for him earlier but he is a classy player, he will fit iniesta position like a glove and he has an excellent defensive workrate as well.
excellent player, who knows maybe halilovic will take up his place once he is 32 and has dropped form :p

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hopefully BS. Worth 15M maximum. We don't even have a board FFS, who is making these deals?

Jombi

There is a point until it is sensible to pay some amounts.
If you can earn, let's say 100M for winning the Champions league, and if you can earn 200M from sponsors and shirts sales per Season, then 300M is the maximum which you can earn in one Season.

That means that it makes sense to spend only LESS that 300M if you want to gain any profit in that Season.
Spending 400M for transfers and player's wages and earning maximum 300M is a bad business.
We will win trophies? So what? We can't operate that way because we will get into extreme debts in 3-4 Seasons.

So, you say that prices are higher and higher each Season, but that is only because of a supply and demand, and because of rich owners from English teams and Psg. And because of high sponsorship money in England.

But also, even the current prices has some limit.
Again, if the maximum of earnings will stay, let's say 300M per Season, then prices WON'T rise further, and there is no way that a RB or defensive midfielder will cost 100 Millions.
Because no one will pay those prices because they are not worth it.

If people are currently overpaying, well we still haven't reached the limit.
Prices will either stop to rise, or they will continue to rise, but then it would mean that sponsorship money will be even higher and sponsors would compensate/cover expensive transfers.

Anyway, my point is, that you can't expect both:
1. to prices rise more and more
2. earnings from CL and sponsors staying the same
3. us not getting any money for older Messi, Suarez and similar etc
4. plus, you can't just spend 100M on each position because we need world-class players. You need some maths, balance, accounting, predicting whether that is a good investment (a player alone, a player compared with the value of the whole team, predictions how much your team can win/earn in the next 2-3-4-5 years etc)

This is why some posts like: but we need Pogba (or any other player) for XX amount of Millions doesn't make sense sometimes.
And something like: a price doesn't matter at all, we need him!
Football is about fun, fans and titles, but it is also a business.
There is a limit for each transfer and for a budget in each Season.
We can't just spend 100M on every player and we have to balance the team with some 20M signings also.

I totally agree. Thats why I believe we have about 60m euros per summer as a transfer budget, which will probably rise to about 75-80m euros in 2-3 years because of increased revenue. So we are 400m euros short if we want to replace all the players I mentioned. How can we bridge that gap? We have struggled to keep up with other clubs' revenue growth in the last few seasons, and the commercial aspects of the game is far from fully tapped. New TV deals for the EPL just proves it. They will skyrocket up the revenue lists even more, pushing up the prices.

I find it highly unlikely that we will try to sell Messi and Suarez tbh. I dont remember us ever getting money for 31 year olds. Especially since their contract is usually about to expire at that time anyway and they have high wages and zero sell-on value. What is more likely to happen is that they will be phased out, just like Iniesta is. And how can we get money to buy replacements for both Suarez and Messi, in addition to replacements for most of the other players in our current team? We need to think long term IMO. That means buying players with value (so not 29 year olds).

Egert

Estonian Culé
Not happy about this transfer if this happens... He is a Messi fan yeah, but he is getting old and we already have enough older players in the team.

BBZ8800

Pogba is three times the player and 6 years younger than Arda.

Guy played one (overhyped) good Season.

Even on Barca forum everyone made jokes about Pogba and trolled him the last summer.

And now he is suddenly 3 times the player as Arda?
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans