Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Lucho seems to like players with strong personalities that cant be bullied so Arda fits into that as well but surely you leave room for the next board to operate.

I suppose the flip side is if you wait until the end of elections a lot of players Lucho wants could be gone.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we could get him for 30m tops that would be great.

Another problem with Arda is that he has never played in the role Iniesta or Rakitic plays in. It's too much for a rotation option and I don't think Atletico will sell for less than 35m atleast.

Egert

Estonian Culé
The deal on the transfer of Atletico midfielder Arda Turan (28) is being finalized. Official announcement to follow in coming hours. [md]

This is going down. Hopefully he is like a sub for our attackers, not for our midfielders.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[MENTION=12590]ThwiX[/MENTION], relax, Arda deal has nothing to do with Pogba.

Haha, you read me like a book, dear. I'm a bit nervous about that, truth be told. Seems weird to me to have both. Roberto or Rafinha leaving then?

serghei

Haha, you read me like a book, dear. I'm a bit nervous about that, truth be told. Seems weird to me to have both. Roberto or Rafinha leaving then?

To me it looks like Arda is comming to strenghten the team for next season directly. Pogba is more of a future signing to replace a declining Iniesta. Different transfers and both make sense in their own right. Arda and Pogba are awesome signings, and would make our midfield complete IMO. If you would make a list right now with the best 15 CMs in the world, Pogba and Arda would both be in that list. And we could get both, isn't that something? Lucho will have a hard time keeping them happy though, that's the only downside to this.

Jombi

Sergi Roberto is a DM for us hopefully. The way Lucho praised him as a DM leaves that impression on me. And he's excellent in that role.

Jury is still out on the rest of our sub midfielders...Suarez, Samper, Rafinha...They need to step up. I do agree that we have razor thin depth in midfield, and quite frankly in attack as well. Imagine 3 or 4 1-month injuries on our attackers/midfielders. Its Munir, Sandro and who knows who else as starters against top teams for a month.

serghei

Another problem with Arda is that he has never played in the role Iniesta or Rakitic plays in. It's too much for a rotation option and I don't think Atletico will sell for less than 35m atleast.

It's all tactics mostly, you don't really know what he can do until the managers asks him to play in a certain way. Arda has the qualities to play in any CM-like position, be it more centrally, or more like a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond or 4-4-1-1. Yea, I think he could adapt very well to a 4-3-3. I think he would have been the wrong player for Pep's Barca, but for Lucho's Barca he will be very good IMO. Arda - Messi - Alves would be quite a trio IMO. Arda - Rakitic is quite a tough choice for that RCM spot.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil. Apparently Juventus have made a bid for Gerson and he's there to match their offer and sign him.

At Fluminese's HQs.

CI1gqm1W8AEc3ZA.jpg:large

Also

[tw]616013625308905472[/tw]

Last edited:
F

Flavia

It bothers me the interim board is closing deals, if that's true. And 41m for arda seems too much. I fear Pedro might leave too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans