Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

It bothers me the interim board is closing deals, if that's true. And 41m for arda seems too much. I fear Pedro might leave too.

Why would he? Everytime one of the MSN will be rested or injured, he'll slide in. He could easily get close to 20 games next season as a starter.

Jombi

Raul Sanllehi is in Brazil. Apparently Juventus have made a bid for Gerson and he's there to match their offer and sign him.

OMG, the boneheads in our interim board needs to chill out.

That player is not worth anywhere near that price. He has shown zilch, zero in the Brazilian league so far, so far in his debut season he has played 9 games and has zero goals and one assist and been mediocre.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
40m is way too much for a soon-to-be 29 year old. We don't need him really. Again, where would he play? A sub for Rakitic? Too expensive.

And I am really surprised that he is willing to sit out for 5 months to join us.

JamDav1982

It bothers me the interim board is closing deals, if that's true. And 41m for arda seems too much. I fear Pedro might leave too.

I dont really like it either but the other side of it is if they dont sign these players then they could be move to other clubs.

If these moves are being centered on what Lucho wants then it is not such a bad thing as it initially seems I suppose.

Jombi

Why would he? Everytime one of the MSN will be rested or injured, he'll slide in. He could easily get close to 20 games next season as a starter.

Really? He doesnt score goals.

So its 41m euros for a 29 year old bench player, really. And who knows if he will be able to play CL when he joins us in January.

Zincubus

Banned

Pedro needs to leave to get his career on the track again .

His decline in form and effectiveness is incredible anyway

Kohe321

True that but Lucho must have asked for Arda if he's being signed.

I trust Lucho on this, and you're right - Arda seems like the definition of a Lucho signing. Which makes the rumors that he wants out of Atletico due to the physical demands of Simeone absurd, as joining Barca and Lucho is no vacation.

It would make sense if we still had Tata as our coach. Then he could come to relax, drink coke and barbecue :tata:

Zincubus

Banned
OMG, the boneheads in our interim board needs to chill out.

That player is not worth anywhere near that price. He has shown zilch, zero in the Brazilian league so far, so far in his debut season he has played 9 games and has zero goals and one assist and been mediocre.

Presumably another money laundering situation .

serghei

40m is way too much for a soon-to-be 29 year old. We don't need him really. Again, where would he play? A sub for Rakitic? Too expensive.

And I am really surprised that he is willing to sit out for 5 months to join us.

We payed 81m for a 28 years old (almost). Age is not a problem IMO. He could play to a very high level for 4 years easily. Alves at 32 had one of the best performances of his career and his fitness is amazing to this day. I think we pay too much attention to age. We should think about those things when players get at 32-33 years old, not at 29. 28 years old used to be a player's prime.

JamDav1982

Pedro needs to leave to get his career on the track again .

His decline in form and effectiveness is incredible anyway

Pedro is still a very effective player and you will struggle to get a player as good as him that is happy to be on bench.

If Pedro moves on it is because he deserves to get first team football at this time in his career rather than him not being good enough.

I would go as far as to let him choose the club he wants and not make it all about money given how much he has done for the club.

Cule4life

The Culest
Atletico fans must be praying for this transfer to go through. 40m for a 29 yr old who cant play 90 minutes in a system where it isnt sure where he will fit. Is there anyone worse than us at negotiating transfers? I doubt it

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Arda would be a useful different option but surely he wants to be a guaranteed starter?

He would fill in as a rotation option on the wings or even in iniesta's role in central midfield.

JamDav1982

We payed 81m for a 28 years old (almost). Age is not a problem IMO. He could play to a very high level for 4 years easily. Alves at 32 had one of the best performances of his career and his fitness is amazing to this day. I think we pay too much attention to age. We should think about those things when players get at 32-33 years old, not at 29. 28 years old used to be a player's prime.

Suarez is the best CF in the world, is a year younger and compliments Messi perfectly.

That is different from paying 40m for a player a year older who wouldnt be a starter and already seems to have fitness issues.

Not that I am dead against signing him but the Suarez fee doesnt really show it is worth it.

Jombi

Presumably another money laundering situation .

Yeah, he is partly owned by Traffic, the company that has already admitted to massive corruption and money laundering in the FIFA scandal, and is also partly owned by a former Barcelona executive, so he can pocket a lot of money as well. But then these people need to get out of our club. Its such a scandal that we let these obviously harmful activities in Brazil go on, year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans