Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Suarez' fee was worth it because he performed amazing when it counted most. If Arda will do the same next season or the season after and will help the team reach glory again, no one will give a rats ass we payed 5m. more than what we should have payed.

Well I think 40m for a back up player that is a year older than Suarez was and already seems to have some difficulty finishing 90mins is more of a gamble.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Suarez' fee was worth it because he performed amazing when it counted most. If Arda will do the same next season or the season after and will help the team reach glory again, no one will give a rat's ass we payed 5m. more than what we should have payed. These lamentations about transfer fees only happen when people don't have better things to talk about. Once the transfer window ends, so will these discussions.

Suarez was a number nine, something which we lacked in our squad. Not only that he was the best number nine in the world. Arda would be a rotation player here.

serghei

Well I think 40m for a back up player that is a year older than Suarez was and already seems to have some difficulty finishing 90mins is more of a gamble.

I don't think Arda can be called a back up player just like that. If he plays to his best level he can be a starter in my book. It will be close between him and Rakitic, that's for sure. Rakitic must also understand that at Barcelona, there is fierce competition. He's gonna have some of that heat if Arda comes.

Jombi

:lol: Ignorant stereotyping at best. Every player is diff. I can drum up names like Maldini etc. who were great till late 30s to counter this "argument".

You misunderstood me. Every player is different is the exact argument I am making, so we cant just say that we shouldnt take age into consideration until they hit 32-33. Players can decline much earlier, as countless examples show, and it can happen quickly. And quite frankly, players who were legendary at their peak can still decline alot and still be great. Arda Turan is not a legendary player no matter how we slice it.

JamDav1982

I don't think Arda can be called a back up player just like that. If he plays to his best level he can be a starter in my book. It will be close between him and Rakitic, that's for sure. Rakitic must also understand that at Barcelona, there is fierce competition. He's gonna have some of that heat if Arda comes.

When has Arda ever in his career played the role that Rakitic did last season though?

Rakitics game was built on his mobility and defensive reading of game as much as anything. Arda doesnt have that for me.

Not that he cant be a Barca player but I dont think he can play Rakitic role of last season.

Jombi

You have no idea if that is what they are doing.

What money did previous board launder?

The Keirrison, Henrique, Douglas and now Gerson deals are as rotten as they get. They are all Traffic deals, a company founded by a master criminal. Do I have definite proof that it is what the former and current board did and are still doing, no, but it just stinks.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

Rakitic and arda are totally different players and wouldn't be competing for the same spot at barca.

serghei

When has Arda ever in his career played the role that Rakitic did last season though?

Rakitics game was built on his mobility and defensive reading of game as much as anything. Arda doesnt have that for me.

Not that he cant be a Barca player but I dont think he can play Rakitic role of last season.

We'll see what he does or doesn't have when we'll use him there.

"When has Arda ever in his career played the role that Rakitic did last season though?" -- I can use the same argument in my favour. How do you know he won't do great if you've never seen him in Rakitic's position? We both can play the same game.

Let's just note that I'm optimistic about him, while you think he'll be a clear sub then?

Rakitic and arda are totally different players and wouldn't be competing for the same spot at barca.

I doubt Lucho will use him anywere alse other than in the midfield 3 (probably in Rakitic's position). We could try to use him as a LCM instead of Iniesta. Anyway, for me he'll play left or right of Busi.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The Keirrison, Henrique, Douglas and now Gerson deals are as rotten as they get. They are all Traffic deals, a company founded by a master criminal. Do I have definite proof that it is what the former and current board did and are still doing, no, but it just stinks.

Gerson shouldn't be lumped with those guys. He is a genuine talent and many top clubs are in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans