Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

So, you're saying we won't see Arda Turan in Rakitic's position if he comes? Allow me to remember this post.

Of course he could play there and do a job, but will he play there at a high level in the most important games is what is important really.

Prob wont even come anyway!

Zincubus

Banned
That makes no sense. Arda isn't much younger than iniesta, iniesta is better and still has two more good seasons in him, maybe more.

Arda is three years younger than Iniesta as far as I know and that's three years at the important end ...

Iniesta hasn't played like Iniesta of old for at least two years so unless he employs Mo's coach that situation isn't going to improve ...

Zincubus

Banned
Iniesta is 31 and has noticeably declined from his peak. And look at other players, like Falcao, Torres. Casillas started to decline as soon as he hit 30 even though goalies are supposed to peak later. So we cant scoff at these things. It must be taken seriously.

Hurrah for common sense ... We all love Iniesta here but time is moving faster for Iniesta than anyone I've known since Pedro ....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Arda as an option to rotate with Iniesta and cover the wings does sound good. He will get many minutes and will be a good signing, I just don't see how anyone could see him in rakitic position at all? It's like buying song and playing him at centre back.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why didnt we get Gundogan when we had the chance. Cheaper, younger and actually fits our system. But that would have made sense which the board doesnt seem to have.

Arda as an option to rotate with Iniesta and cover the wings does sound good. He will get many minutes and will be a good signing, I just don't see how anyone could see him in rakitic position at all? It's like buying song and playing him at centre back.

It would be funny if it didnt actually happen :lol:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

Makes you wonder who serghei really is :pep:

Zincubus

Banned
Of course he is better than arda, he isn't as consistent as before but for the most part is still a world class player. Still better than the young number tens coming through like götze, isco etc.

The reason he isn't absolutely world class in literally every game as he used to be is because we have moved from his preferred tiki taka style and he doesn't have Xavi next to him.

So we're all agreed that he's not been himself and he's showing signs of decline then ... Next season Real Madrid will be better and we have to move onwards and upwards .

Zincubus

Banned
When has Arda ever in his career played the role that Rakitic did last season though?

Rakitics game was built on his mobility and defensive reading of game as much as anything. Arda doesnt have that for me.

Not that he cant be a Barca player but I dont think he can play Rakitic role of last season.

Presumably he will be playing the Xavi / Iniesta roll so no worries then ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans