Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
So Atletico will sell us Arda and get Konoplyanka. Something smells fishy here *cough* being ripped off *cough*

If he costs 20m then bloody well yes

He had few good international youth tournaments, that's all I know. But the fee is based on potential, not on current performances.

Don't expect him to stay here if we get him. We will probably include him in a deal with Juventus.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If Barca or anyone pay big money for an 18 year old there is little chance they expect a big impact immediately.

People just being far too unrealistic.

Jombi

If Barca or anyone pay big money for an 18 year old there is little chance they expect a big impact immediately.

People just being far too unrealistic.

Thats an understatement. He is rubbish in the Brazilian league so needs to grow immensely if he will ever play a single minute for us.

Jombi

Do you expect an 18 year old to light up the league from the get-go?

I expect more than what I have seen so far, thats for sure. Neymar was certainly lighting the league up at that age, while Gerson is nowhere near that level, and will probably be benched soon if he doesnt perform.

spark

Ramon Adell and his management committee are really interpreting the club statutes loosely. Selling and loaning players already pushing it but to be bidding on players in these reported mega deals doesn't sit right with me and I don't understand how they are getting away with it. Has there ever been an interim board as active as the present one?

JamDav1982

I expect more than what I have seen so far, thats for sure. Neymar was certainly lighting the league up at that age, while Gerson is nowhere near that level, and will probably be benched soon if he doesnt perform.

What games have you seen him in?

G

Gasgas

Rakitic has adapted to the position last season. He didn't start very well, was benched by Lucho in the clasico because of his poor form. Let's not reinvent history here. Rakitic took time to adapt to the role in the team. Arda could do the same. He won't play exactly like Ivan, but he can do some of the things Rakitic does. He'll do some things worse than Rakitic, some better. We'll see.

actually rakitic used to play CAM for sevilla and sometimes as part of a double pivot
He's a forward/winger and a CAM. We don't play with a CAM. He's never played the role Iniesta or Rakitic plays.

arda is not a forward :facepalm:

Spending big money for a first team player is acceptable. You don't pay over the odds for rotation players though.

arda will be a starter
Yep the MotM in the CL final will be a super sub next season

819337.gif

:lol: Ignorant stereotyping at best. Every player is diff. I can drum up names like Maldini etc. who were great till late 30s to counter this "argument".

defenders age late, their role doesnt require much running
Unrealistic? Do you think Arda is a better player than Iniesta?

for most part of last season, arda was better

Atletico fans must be praying for this transfer to go through. 40m for a 29 yr old who cant play 90 minutes in a system where it isnt sure where he will fit. Is there anyone worse than us at negotiating transfers? I doubt it

rakitic himself hardly completes 90 minutes for us

Really? He doesnt score goals.

So its 41m euros for a 29 year old bench player, really. And who knows if he will be able to play CL when he joins us in January.

have you ever seen arda play. if you have you will agree that he is more of a midfielder than a forward, he fits right into the attacking midfield position

Why would he? Everytime one of the MSN will be rested or injured, he'll slide in. He could easily get close to 20 games next season as a starter.
arda can play as a midfielder especially in a more attacking role, and he knows to defend too, he's a simeone AM so he can defend
We did Mou two huuuuge favors by handing him Eto'o and Cesc on the cheap, which sealed the CL and EPL win respectively for Mourinho. Perhaps he will show some gratitude to us?
what do we need hazard for? we have neymar

Arda is CL tied too, so we would only be able to play him in the league and cup.

We can get Allan Loureiro for a fraction of the price and he wont be CL tied either. He is just as good as Arda Turan, very similar player and 5 years younger.

i can scarcely believe my eyes
Actually, Iniesta could very well be the starter next season as well, but starting with 2016, he needs to go into a more quiet role inside the team. Say what you may about the Pogba deal, but money aside, if we sign him from 2016 we will probably have that LCM position set for some years to come. Imagine Pogba - Neymar on the left for about 6-7 years. It doesn't get better than that for me. I would very much like us to remain with Iniesta-Rafinha for the majority of next season, and add another midfielder in this winter to take care of the right side of our midfield along with Rakitic.

Let's not forget we are now one midfielder short compared to last season. I'm all for signing Arda Turan right now and have him ready to play in the 2nd part of the season. If we catch an injury in the midfield, as things stand right now, we're in big trouble. I hope a top midfielder will come in january and that he can play in Champions League (the real Champions League starts in february anyway). Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic and Arda Turan (maybe Masche too, if Vermaelen shows he can be trusted as a CB -- as usual I don't really trust Mathieu) is a midfield that can do some damage IMO. Turan is much much better than people give him credit for and I think he'll be great for 3-4 years for us. Splash the money and get him. You can't have such a big difference between starters and squad players right now, and out of all top teams, the difference between the starting 11 and the rest of the players is too big in our case. We were lucky we weren't plagued by injuries (credit to Lucho as well), but things can change next season and we need to ready to tackle whatever problems may come our way.

great post, i needed to read something like this

I'd possibly agree but he doesn't do that consistently nowadays .. Look often he gets caught in possession or gets bundled off the ball .... That NEVER used to happen ... we aren't playing the same way as we used to either so that won't exactly help him .

the solution is not buying coutinho who is less than half the current iniesta
With all due respect to Iniesta . That was years ago . He's simply a different player now and we are a different team as well . As I said he's bound to have his moments of brilliance here and there but he's just not starting material in MY view , anyways .

It's all about opinions ...

and coutinho is starting material?

what?
I ment in quality terms...

Alright: Marković is half of current Iniesta.

are you a liverpool fan?

Jombi

Shit in all of them?

He was decent against Flamengo and he did make his assist to Fred in that game, and shit in the other 3 games I saw. He is also constantly subbed off because he fails to make an impact. I doubt he'll start many more games unless he starts to actually perform.

JamDav1982

He was decent against Flamengo and he did make his assist in that game, and shit in the other 3 games I saw. He is also constantly subbed off because he fails to make an impact. I doubt he'll start many more games unless he starts to actually perform.

Haha all information you can get from transfermarket.....your just taking info from there I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans