Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

No, no Jombi keep up.

I am saying Barca dont try to sign him and leave him free to go to Juve. Juve loosen stance on Pogba because of it.

Shit player not nearly good enough used as leverage in Pogba deal.

LOL, that kind of crappy behavior can be used in any transfer no matter how good the player is. Why didnt we just try to fake interest in Dybala when he was in Palermo and all the other players Juve have signed or bought or are interested in as well then, and then pretend we were doing them a favor by not signing them? Come on, Juve executives have to be dimwits to loosen the stance on Pogba based on that.

The fact of the matter is that we have a long history of incredibly stupid deals from Brazil that doesnt make any sense whatsoever, and it needs to stop.

JamDav1982

LOL, that kind of crappy behavior can be used in any transfer no matter how good the player is. Why dont we just try to fake interest in Dybala when he was in Palermo and all the other players Juve have signed or bought as well then, and then pretend we were doing them a favor by not signing them? Come on, Juve executives have to be dimwits to loosen the stance on Pogba based on that.

The fact of the matter is that we have a long history of incredibly stupid deals from Brazil that doesnt make any sense whatsoever, and it needs to stop.

Its not about faking interest. Barcelona have first refusal on Gerson.

One bad deal from Brazil in five years that they paid a small fee on hardly a constant stream of shit transfers from Brazil.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Even if he's not signed, we still need a midfielder to come and reinforce the squad in January.

I'd love to hear a solution from Laporta and not just about restoring La Masia. He needs to bring the heat, I've been a little disappointed in his campaign so far. He has the right guys around like Cruyff and Abidal but he needs to lay out his platform for the club's future in his vision more clearly.

Zincubus

Banned
Pogba won't come until the summer of 2016 right? I'm not sure how that would affect getting a player to come in January.

Iniesta has a lot of miles on his legs right now. He played really well in some of the games later in the season but the decline is there.

I say bring Arda in January and Pogba in the summer. La Masia's new class can't be counted on for anything outside of Sergi Roberto and maybe Samper, in terms of midfielders. Club has the money, they need to address the midfield.

Exactly

xXKonan

One can never trust those two Catalan sports tabloids.
Before MD and Sport started reporting the "Done Deal" Stuff, Catalunya Radio Reported the Rumor that Barcelona were working on a Deal with Atletico to bring him here and a lot of people say Catalunya Radio Is reliable but Honestly They probably got some Bad info from a bad source.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Crazy amount of posts in here recently :lol:

I'm a very open fan of Arda but at this point I don't think he's the ideal transfer to make. The age/price issues are very real. RM have been using a pretty damn smart transfer philosophy in the past 2 years, going for players under the age of 25 such as Isco, Kroos, James, Carvajal, Danilo, and now being linked with De Gea. Plenty of years of service to give, great age to be at physically speaking, and at the ripe age to learn and make their game even more well rounded.

Rakitic and Suarez show that above 25 year old transfers can be very valuable but it's not a trend we should keep for all transfers. Arda will probably have no upward curve, no chance for a good sale if he doesn't work out, and at best provide 3-4 years of good service while still being below the level of our current midfielders (he's not better than Rakitic and I can't see him providing anything that a declined Iniesta can't do himself simply because of the nature of the role).

Players we should be going for are those that are young enough to be long term investments but have enough experience for their talent/abilities to be well documented or clearly visible.

xXKonan

Luis Enrique wants an extra midfielder before Barcelona's pre-season starts on 13 July. He handed the club a list with 4 names. [ara]

Barcelona had pre-deal with Ilkay Gundogan, number three on midfield wish list, but coach prefers one of top-2, Arda Turan among those [ara]

Hm... With Gundogan signing a new deal seems like a stretch he will come here.

Last edited:

DrPepper

I rate Turan but it would be a disastrous signing. We'd basically pay 40M for a 29 year old player whose contract runs out in 2017 but is essentially a 2016 signing. Additionally there's no resale value which means he'll probably be shipped out for 3M or so in a few years.

Jombi

Luis Enrique wants an extra midfielder before Barcelona's pre-season starts on 13 July. He handed the club a list with 4 names. [ara]

Barcelona had pre-deal with Ilkay Gundogan, number three on midfield wish list, but coach prefers one of top-2, Arda Turan among those [ara]

Hm... With Gundogan signing a new deal seems like a stretch he will come here.

I dont get how we do our transfers. The coach just hands over a wish list? Why dont we have a collective board that takes care of the transfers, where the coach of course has a large say, but he cannot possibly know what is available around the world and at what prices. Players that have a year left on their contract should always be prioritized for example, because they can be had for so much cheaper. And of course, we should think about long term investments, and not just short term even if the coach might not believe he will stay for long.

Zincubus

Banned
I rate Turan but it would be a disastrous signing. We'd basically pay 40M for a 29 year old player whose contract runs out in 2017 but is essentially a 2016 signing. Additionally there's no resale value which means he'll probably be shipped out for 3M or so in a few years.

He's just turned 28 in Jan plus he's the same age as Messi / Suarez / Rakitic / Busqs etc etc

Geniüs

Hello everybody!

I am new here and my english is not good, but I am going to try to share my opinion with all of you.

I think Arda is going to play Iniesta's rol in the team.

Maybe his transfer has been a little expensive but he is the kind of player that we need.

I am pretty sure he is going to succeed. I prefer this kind of player rather than Pogba who I really do not know what rol could have in the square. He is neither like Xavi-Iniesta nor Deco-Rakitic. He is more like Toure. However to play in Toure's position we already have Busquets.

Jombi

Busquets and Rakitic are more than a year younger than Turan.

But none of those 4 you mention were bought when they were 29.

Dividing the transfer fee and wage over 2 seasons makes it very expensive when compared to 23 year olds who we can keep for closer to a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans