Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He's signing the players Lucho (apparently) wants.

No other candidate can beat that.

It's completely unfair and a farce.

All the other candidates need to say is that it is a transfer requested by Lucho that they too agree with.

It seems strange the interim board buying/selling players but the alternative is the club virtually hibernate for a month and potentially miss out of transfers Lucho wants.

Chong Li

All the other candidates need to say is that it is a transfer requested by Lucho that they too agree with.

It seems strange the interim board buying/selling players but the alternative is the club virtually hibernate for a month and potentially miss out of transfers Lucho wants.

You really think most socis won't see these signings as Barto's? Especially if Lucho comes out and confirms he's asked for them?

I believe a signing embargo for one month before the elections wouldn't be such a bad idea. The process would be much more fair and not only about marquee signings, but about programs, visions, La Masia etc.

JamDav1982

You really think most socis won't see these signings as Barto's? Especially if Lucho comes out and confirms he's asked for them?

I believe a signing embargo for one month before the elections wouldn't be such a bad idea. The process would be much more fair and not only about marquee signings, but about programs, visions, La Masia etc.

As far as I can see in 2006 the interim board was led by Laporta men who continued to buy/sell players under his guidance.

It seems to be the normal practise. Nothing unique to Barto.

Chong Li

As far as I can see in 2006 the interim board was led by Laporta men who continued to buy/sell players under his guidance.

It seems to be the normal practise. Nothing unique to Barto.

Yeah but 2006 doesn't compare with today, as it was obvious Laporta would be re-elected.

G

Gasgas

No, I just see him as one of the top 5 dribblers, technitions, long range shooters, counterattack carriers, space and extra player creators, ... he is already a complete player - at only 23 (Arda starts in January and at the same time turns 29). And he is cheapest of all players I suggested (I realise that's the highest prerogative for our Wengerian buying mentality)...

If it was to me, I'd offer 90 M or even 100 for Hazard and asked Messi to publicly invite him to come... and another 50 for some of the players I suggested - and we would be careless and supplied for the next decade on those positions... besides: if silly Liverpool can spend 150 M on rubbish transfers why can't we on creme de la creme that will pay out surely?

coutinho-coloured glasses.
anyway it's your opinion, in mine he is none of that and we dont need hazard at all as long as we have prince neymar

G

Gasgas

Pogba won't come until the summer of 2016 right? I'm not sure how that would affect getting a player to come in January.

Iniesta has a lot of miles on his legs right now. He played really well in some of the games later in the season but the decline is there.

I say bring Arda in January and Pogba in the summer. La Masia's new class can't be counted on for anything outside of Sergi Roberto and maybe Samper, in terms of midfielders. Club has the money, they need to address the midfield.

agreed :)

Chong Li

He can't complain if his interim board did the same tho

He's not the one complaining, it only my frustrated self :(

I can't accept that Bartomeu is most likely going to win with all these scandals going on, legal problems, Transfer ban, Qatar on the shirt, La masia in ruins.

I think I can spare myself a trip to BCN on the 18th as my vote won't change a thing. :(

G

Gasgas

Are you the guy that wanted us to buy younes kaboul and kyle walker?
[MENTION=10617]AntiRealMadrid[/MENTION]

:rofl1:

Busquets and Rakitic are more than a year younger than Turan.

But none of those 4 you mention were bought when they were 29.

Dividing the transfer fee and wage over 2 seasons makes it very expensive when compared to 23 year olds who we can keep for closer to a decade.

but those 23 year olds are mostly not ready for this level and they cant play the part xavi played (being able to bench iniesta, and even be considered at times a better choice in midfield)

i will laugh hard if we end up buying some strange player

G

Gasgas

i watched a few Vidal videos and he seems to be excellent at making runs. he just passes the ball, then makes a scintillating run, receives the ball and sends an inch perfect low cross, fantastic,
i slalivate at the thought of him doing give and go with messi sending him a return ball and vidal released, sends a low cross which neymar or suarez finish in the box

JamDav1982

He's not the one complaining, it only my frustrated self :(

I can't accept that Bartomeu is most likely going to win with all these scandals going on, legal problems, Transfer ban, Qatar on the shirt, La masia in ruins.

I think I can spare myself a trip to BCN on the 18th as my vote won't change a thing. :(

Qatar on shirt was voted by Socios and La Masia is not in ruins at all.

La Masia slowed down churning out world class players years ago when Laporta was in charge anyway. La Masia got much WORSE under him than it was in years leading up to 2003.

His desire to take credit for a great La Masia generation of players is just politics and lies.

StarLord

Many of us (including myself) keep banging on about how this or that player is overpriced, but the fact of the matter is that there is a finite number of very good players on the planet, and an even more finite number of players who can make our beloved Barca better. As the revenues of the major clubs increase (as they have been in recent years, especially in the EPL) the prices (as well as wages) of the top players inevitably rise in tandem, this is called absolute overproduction of capital.

My point is that it is not up to us to decide what the correct price is, in fact, using strictly moral terms, the prices of football players have been scandalous for many years now. Problem is, that this is the world we have at the moment and this is how it goes.

So yes, players like Turan and Pogba will be extremely expensive simply because too much money is chasing too few players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans