Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
I recall being told that I was deluded when I suggested it was a massive mistake to sell David Villa to Atletico Madrid one of our main rivals ( especially for about 8 quid ) ...the guy said that they were not and never have been a serious challenger for the title !!

Where is he now :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I recall being told that I was deluded when I suggested it was a massive mistake to sell David Villa to Atletico Madrid one of our main rivals ( especially for about 8 quid ) ...the guy said that they were not and never have been a serious challenger for the title !!

Alexis Sanchez, Pedro, Neymar, Lionel Messi.

Villa did want to play, not warm the bench and/or be 3rd, 4th choice and he wanted to go to Atletico and no other club and the club respected his decision.

Cule4life

The Culest

Villa is not exactly on fire is he?

F

Flavia

Atletico's form is not because of Villa, so this doesn't really matter. Villa had no place in Barça anymore, he would be playing as much as Tello. He knew that and wanted to leave.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Atletico's form is not because of Villa, so this doesn't really matter. Villa had no place in Barça anymore, he would be playing as much as Tello. He knew that and wanted to leave.

Agree. Atletico's resurrection began with Simeone's arrival. Hell they kept pace with us in La Liga last season until we trashed them 4-1. Villa has nothing to do with Atletico's reinvention, it's all Simeone's doing. Which, btw, is why he should have been on the Coach of the Year shortlist.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

On the second place team?

Zincubus

Banned
Agree. Atletico's resurrection began with Simeone's arrival. Hell they kept pace with us in La Liga last season until we trashed them 4-1. Villa has nothing to do with Atletico's reinvention, it's all Simeone's doing. Which, btw, is why he should have been on the Coach of the Year shortlist.

Well as they 'kept pace with us' , they're certainly a threat . You won't see United selling Rooney to Chelsea on the coming weeks ...

Zincubus

Banned

Well he's played extremely well for them and scored goals so had HAS already been a factor , there's still half a season to go . Anyway we didn't just sell him to one of our two strongest rivals , we practically GAVE him away !

Zincubus

Banned
My point way back then was that we shouldn't be giving one of our best forwards to a team that could potentially take the title . I believe I have been proved correct .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans