Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

He was a huge part of their EPL win. Best player on their team after Hazard.

Meh, I know he lead in assists, but he disappeared the second half of the season, so much so, he wasn't even included PFA team of the year..it was Hazard, then Terry who was arguably the best defender last season.

xXKonan

Barcelona have a verbal agreement with Juventus that the Italian club won't sell French midfielder Paul Pogba (22) this summer. [ser]

Darko

Arda Turan, still don't believe this rumor, if we want an Iniesta sub we can get someone young like Kovacic, because there is no way Arda takes the 1st team spot from Iniesta. Gerson is going to be just another Brazilian flop, and Iborra is not going to be ahead of Busi/Masche for the DM position.
I truly believe it's all just the usual journalistic crap, like when Falcao was supposedly going to RM and Messi to Chelsea etc.

Xavinho

As far as I can see in 2006 the interim board was led by Laporta men who continued to buy/sell players under his guidance.

It seems to be the normal practise. Nothing unique to Barto.

I certainly don't remember it that way. I don't think the interim board signed anyone in 2006. Gudjohnsen was confirmed a long time before Laporta stepped down, and Zambrotta and Thuram were completed just before the judge handed down the ruling that there had to be elections.

I don't actually remember anyone being sold by the interim board either. Fernando Navarro and Larsson left early, and van Bommel was sold later. I think he was with us for some pre-season games before leaving for Bayern which would have been after Laporta was reelected. I can't remember if anyone else left, but if they did I don't think it was during the time we were without an elected president.

I don't think an interim board should be allowed to conduct transfer business.

Neeraj

Turan is my favourite non barca player in the league, and I would love to have him here.

However,, if we are getting Pogba (which seems fairly likely), I doubt we'd need him - I mean it would obviously be better having him than not having him - but since we can't look at absolutes,considering the money, playing time, etc. it probably would be a bit unnecessary - seeing Iniesta Raki Biscuits Pogba and Rafinha should be the ideal number of players to rotate those 3 midfield positions.

However, that's assuming the Don's level doesn't suddenly deteriorate further - in which case I think we'd have to spend on a marquee signing in 2017 anyway (unless Rafinha becomes the shiznitz)

mssarm

I certainly don't remember it that way. I don't think the interim board signed anyone in 2006. Gudjohnsen was confirmed a long time before Laporta stepped down, and Zambrotta and Thuram were completed just before the judge handed down the ruling that there had to be elections.

I don't actually remember anyone being sold by the interim board either. Fernando Navarro and Larsson left early, and van Bommel was sold later. I think he was with us for some pre-season games before leaving for Bayern which would have been after Laporta was reelected. I can't remember if anyone else left, but if they did I don't think it was during the time we were without an elected president.

I don't think an interim board should be allowed to conduct transfer business.
The transfers are done by the sporting department as far as I know. If the sporting director which is Braida finds suitable candidate that is Ok-d by coach, the only thing the president does is approve the transaction which in this case is done by the interim board. After all if it's not against club's existing regulation why they should lose valuable time and lose potential good signings. Looks like Laporta himself is not considering that as illegal move, but some fans here feel like he needs their protection.

Gaudi

Arda is very good and 28 years is not old, but I don't see the need for him if we are hunting Pogba for example?
Are we staking midfielders like RM now?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Verbal agreements mean shit in business. Also if Barca does get Pogba, it would be the third Galactico summer in a row(Neymar,Suarez,Pogba),even though he would join in January or even later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans