Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

You're right, some deals do indeed take longer, but the problem with that is that negotiations only started recently. Could also be that they waited for longer intentionally to use his signing in the elections(and before you scream Laporta then he's doing the same with Pogba, not through official channels like Bartomeu though which bothers me). I don't think any candidates or temporary boards should be allowed to sign players through official channels. It should be clearly mentioned and be added to the statutes to avoid similar issues in the future.

No one knows when the negotiations began.

Sometimes things like this have been months in the making without anyone having any real idea.

The latest news is that the interim board want to wait and see if the new president approves the signing of Arda anyway.

Xavinho

From google it seems that the interim Board in 2006 was in place from 30th June to 19th August.

Zambrotta and Thuram were signed on 20th July.

I cant really remember any of this just looking back that seems to be the time line and the interim board were signing players.

I'm not sure where you're looking but you can still find articles from the time which make it clear he didn't step down in June. Here's one dated July 21, 2006:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/football/07/21/spain.Barcelona/index.html
MADRID, Spain -- Barcelona president Joan Laporta has said he and his board will step down next Wednesday -- to set in motion a presidential election as ordered by a Spanish judge earlier in the week.

"I intend to stand in the election to defend the interests of Barcelona," said Laporta after an emergency board meeting.

On Wednesday, Judge Roberto Garcia Ceniceros upheld a complaint from three club members who said Laporta had already served his four-year tenure.

He ruled that according to the club's statutes the year ran from July to June.

As Laporta officially took power on June 22, 2003 the period before the end of that month constituted his first year in office.

Laporta's four-year term would therefore have expired on June 30 this year. The club said they would be appealing against the ruling.

A caretaker board will be put in place to manage the electoral process and set the date for a vote, which Spanish media said could be September 10.

Since no-one could find enough signatures to run against him he was officially re-elected in August.

xXKonan

Aleix Vidal and, if a deal is closed, Arda Turan, will be Barcelona's only signings during this summer transfer window. [sport]

BBZ8800

No players would agree sit on their ass for 6 months when the team is playing. Aleix Vidal is an exception. Besides he has a Euro 2016 to look forward to. He could get more money at Manchester City and PSG. Let's see where he goes.

Following the same logic Neymar only came for money too. His 8m net salary + the 40m his dad got meant he was the 2nd highest paid player at Barca.

Arda would do differently, that was my point.
Some players are willing to lose some money on wages, 5-6 Months of not playing because of a long-term Barca's future and prestige etc.
Pogba is not one of those guys, of course.

Lol, I won't comment on Neymar's, wages, transfer, frauds, anything, please, Don.

You won't find any European players of his calibre who are willing to sit out for 6 months when the Euros are taking place next year.

Arda Turan

Much more likely Pogba could earn more money at other clubs than Barca.

Could claim any player at the club on high wages is 'just there for he money' by that standards.

Our fans usually claim how Real signs players only because of money and how no one could actually LOVE Real Madrid.
Aka, players usually love Barca and they come here because of love and NOT because of money.

Pogba is, more or less, doing everything the opposite.
I can't come now or in January, I have to play for myself, I can't take lower wages, blah blah.

But I love you (Barca):
I sooo love you.
I am coming only because of a huge love.
True story, lol.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Juve offered 20m for Gerson. We're willing to match their bid and sign him.

[tw]616723628604923904[/tw]

:bartomeu:

So, the interim board gave up currently from signing Arda, because they are the interim board and they are not sure whether the new president will actually want Arda.
But, they will probably match 20 Millions offer from Juventus for Gerson.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Arda would do differently, that was my point.
Some players are willing to lose some money on wages, 5-6 Months of not playing because of a long-term Barca's future and prestige etc.
Pogba is not one of those guys, of course.

Lol, I won't comment on Neymar's, wages, transfer, frauds, anything, please, Don.

Arda Turan

Arda will be 29 by January ,that is the age that player may look at his career and want to put a prestigious club at his own wiki page .you can't compare cases like Mathiue,Suarez,Arda with Pogba .huge difference due to age .
And b4 you say Vidal ,he isn't making sacrifice money wise(the opposite) and it is huge move for him .

Our fans usually claim how Real signs players only because of money and how no one could actually LOVE Real Madrid.
Aka, players usually love Barca and they come here because of love and NOT because of money.

Pogba is, more or less, doing everything the opposite.
I can't come now or in January, I have to play for myself, I can't take lower wages, blah blah.

Whoever trully believe in that is wrong(I was gonna use stronger word ,but let's keep high standard in the conversation) or think we are living in ideal world
Every freakin player claim he moved to his dream club even if that one is stoke .most of them make transfer decision based on the best for their career(considering every factor) not based on liking the club or just being a fan of it

BBZ8800

Arda will be 29 by January ,that is the age that player may look at his career and want to put a prestigious club at his own wiki page .you can't compare cases like Mathiue,Suarez,Arda with Pogba .huge difference due to age .
And b4 you say Vidal ,he isn't making sacrifice money wise(the opposite) and it is huge move for him .

Whoever trully believe in that is wrong(I was gonna use stronger word ,but let's keep high standard in the conversation) or think we are living in ideal world
Every freakin player claim he moved to his dream club even if that one is stoke .most of them make transfer decision based on the best for their career(considering every factor) not based on liking the club or just being a fan of it

Ok, but people love to hail Neymar how he picked Barca.
Or how Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol never left Barca.

How Thiago is a traitor and similar examples.

I am not saying that a player needs to be romantically in love with Barca, but Pogba has done virtually nothing for now to show some respect towards us.

Transfer fee?
-- how much more actually Man. City and Psg offered that he picked Barca?
Wages, lol?
-- did City and Psg offered more than a record breaking 12 Millions for a 22-years-old-kid so that he showed some love for Barca?
Transfer in general?
-- some players say that they would swim to Barca if needed, that they would play in Bteam, wait for a few Months etc
-- what did this guy do?
= I will come in one year, I won't come in january, I won't lose one year of CL, I won't lose the year before the Euros, blah blah

Again, you don't need to love Barca and write poems about Barca.
But this guy (you can see that from a plain) is coming here only because of a huge transfer fee and wages.

And if some of our fans will start to write posts one day: Omg, Pogba refused all other clubs and picked us because he loves Barca the most, and similar crap. He is so devoted to us.
Well, those fans needs a slap.

Some players are here because they love our club.
Some players are here because they love the club but they also love the money.
And then, there are guys like Pogba. They are here only because of the money.

That is my point.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He is rubbish in the Brazilian league. If he really had that much potential, at least he should show it in the Brazilian league.

Gerson is 18 and it's his first season. Since you want us to buy Lucas Lima, you should keep in mind nobody knew him when he was his age.

xXKonan

Barcelona's managing committee will meet on Monday evening. They could then decide if they will sign the Arda Turan deal or not. [rac1]

Barcelona's managing committee is again looking into signing the deal on the transfer of Atletico player Arda Turan (28) now already. [md]

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona's managing committee will meet on Monday evening. They could then decide if they will sign the Arda Turan deal or not. [rac1]

Barcelona's managing committee is again looking into signing the deal on the transfer of Atletico player Arda Turan (28) now already. [md]

:facepalm:

Love me, love me not, love me, love me not...

These guys flip flop more than those girls wearing sandals in summer.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
[tw]616951204371951616[/tw]

Doesn't look like we have agreed any deal with Juve regarding Pogba about him joining next summer. Sport are wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans