Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport is the least trustworthy source of everything out there, I have always thought. At least MD has some insider info sometimes.

This is good.

Jombi

Gerson is 18 and it's his first season. Since you want us to buy Lucas Lima, you should keep in mind nobody knew him when he was his age.

Splashing 20m euros on someone who is much worse than Halilovic and Deulofeu make no sense whatsoever. Lucas Lima is the best attacking midfielder in Brazil, and would probably cost less than 20m euros, while Gerson isnt good enough to start for Fluminense.

Just watch him play and you tell me if what you see is worth 20m euros. He loses the ball constantly and is hardly involved in the games at all. At the moment, he would struggle to bench Adama at Barca B.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Braida's been here for while, mostly for Pogba, but has still failed to close a deal so far lol

F

Flavia

Gerson is 18 and it's his first season. Since you want us to buy Lucas Lima, you should keep in mind nobody knew him when he was his age.

20m for him is way too much. And as another traffic player, I don't see this as a good deal.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Splashing 20m euros on someone who is much worse than Halilovic and Deulofeu make no sense whatsoever. Lucas Lima is the best attacking midfielder in Brazil, and would probably cost less than 20m euros, while Gerson isnt good enough to start for Fluminense.

Just watch him play and you tell me if what you see is worth 20m euros. He loses the ball constantly and is hardly involved in the games at all. At the moment, he would struggle to bench Adama at Barca B.

He is playing his first games, give him a break. He has shown a lot at youth level, based on what I've seen I can see why many top clubs are tracking him.

Top prices for good youth players may become the norm now.

F

Flavia

Sport is the least trustworthy source of everything out there, I have always thought. At least MD has some insider info sometimes.

This is good.

Sport got the Vidal deal right, and they were the 1st to report it, IIRC. They're all the same.

Jombi

He is playing his first games, give him a break. He has shown a lot at youth level, based on what I've seen I can see why many top clubs are tracking him.

Top prices for good youth players may become the norm now.

Have you seen him play for Fluminense?

There is a huuuuge difference between junior games and senior games. The vast majority of players who show something at youth level never go on to great things at senior level. And Gerson has shown less at senior level than Munir, Sandro and Halilovic. Far less in fact.

20m euros is almost what we paid for Rakitic, one of the best midfielders in the world. While Gerson isnt better than Adama at the moment and we are willing to pay 20m euros for him? Is this reasonable?

xXKonan

Although he already underwent medical tests, Barcelona in the end ruled out signing Gundogan because Luis Enrique only wanted Turan. [md]

I actually wouldn't mind having Gerson here. Price might be steep but he seems to have some potential.

khaled_a_d

Ok, but people love to hail Neymar how he picked Barca.
Or how Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol never left Barca.

How Thiago is a traitor and similar examples.

I am not saying that a player needs to be romantically in love with Barca, but Pogba has done virtually nothing for now to show some respect towards us.

Transfer fee?
-- how much more actually Man. City and Psg offered that he picked Barca?
Wages, lol?
-- did City and Psg offered more than a record breaking 12 Millions for a 22-years-old-kid so that he showed some love for Barca?
Transfer in general?
-- some players say that they would swim to Barca if needed, that they would play in Bteam, wait for a few Months etc
-- what did this guy do?
= I will come in one year, I won't come in january, I won't lose one year of CL, I won't lose the year before the Euros, blah blah

Again, you don't need to love Barca and write poems about Barca.
But this guy (you can see that from a plain) is coming here only because of a huge transfer fee and wages.

And if some of our fans will start to write posts one day: Omg, Pogba refused all other clubs and picked us because he loves Barca the most, and similar crap. He is so devoted to us.
Well, those fans needs a slap.

Some players are here because they love our club.
Some players are here because they love the club but they also love the money.
And then, there are guys like Pogba. They are here only because of the money.

That is my point.

Puyol & Xavi was Barca La Masia product and owned a lot to the club .
Many fans _the reasnoable one_ don't consider Thiago a traitor ,they blame Zubi and Tito for letting him go
Neymar got huge money ,he got his dad freakin 40M .I don't buy he sacrificed money for us tbh .He is making huge money from us .he already asked for extension with pay rise after 2 season .he isn't here just because of love to Barce .he is here for money and career but liking Barca more might and thinking it is best place to grow as a player might only helped in his preferance
City and PSG are willing to gave Pogba the 12M .he isn't leaving money on the table _which is the only logical thing to do_ but he wants to come here and giving us advantage in matching offer.he didn't tell us to bring more .he just want his market value .12M is his market value like it or not (and yes ,his market value is more than his value as a player)
No one with his age and profile will come here to play January .again only players from either lower clubs seeing that this is a once in a life time chance will accept such a move or older players seeing it as last chance to come here .usually those are less talented & less valuable players .there is no comparison whatsoever between those cases
Lastly big clubs are built on gr8 players ,Pogba is considered a gr8 player .He is playing into one of the biggest cubs in the world .12 years ago playing with Juve was actually bigger than playing for Barca btw .players of that profile won't just sacrifice a shit to play for Barca .he has PSG & Man city making big offers .Manu would easily pay him his wage too if he accepts returning . he is giving us the advantage of telling his club that we are the club he would want to join which give us a little advantage in negotiation ,he is giving the advantage of paying his market value wage and no need to overpid other clubs .that might not be a lot but he owe us nothing more
The whole notion of "we are Barca ,players should just be honoured to come here and make sacrifices " is nonsense .it is something for fans to Brag and talk about it in forums but it isn't gonna happen in reality .football is for players is business and career above anything .

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Juventus paid almost 20m for Morata and he only really showed his talents at youth level until that point. You take a gamble and hope it pays off big.

serghei

If Lucho wants Turan, we must sign Turan. He surely sees a place for him in midfield. He won the treble, we should get him what he wants.

khaled_a_d

Have you seen him play for Fluminense?

There is a huuuuge difference between junior games and senior games. The vast majority of players who show something at youth level never go on to great things at senior level. And Gerson has shown less at senior level than Munir, Sandro and Halilovic. Far less in fact.

20m euros is almost what we paid for Rakitic, one of the best midfielders in the world. While Gerson isnt better than Adama at the moment and we are willing to pay 20m euros for him? Is this reasonable?

I am not gonna argue that ,i don't like Gerson deal at all considering he same age as Halilovic and play exactly same positions while showing less talent .but Rakitic is one of the best bargains .in fact it is the biggest bargain we got in the market for over 5 years at least .can't put it as comparison for deals or we are bound to dissapoint

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Guardiola won a treble and bought chygrynskiyy and ibra.

Why is everyone certain that he will play in central midfield? His whole career he has played on the flanks and Lucho seems to trust the current central midfielders and wants to develop rafinha and roberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans