Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLord

If Lucho wants Turan, we must sign Turan. He surely sees a place for him in midfield. He won the treble, we should get him what he wants.

I think Turan has the ball skills and vision (surely he has the tenacity) to rotate with the Don. We should go for him.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Splashing 20m euros on someone who is much worse than Halilovic and Deulofeu make no sense whatsoever. Lucas Lima is the best attacking midfielder in Brazil, and would probably cost less than 20m euros, while Gerson isnt good enough to start for Fluminense.

Just watch him play and you tell me if what you see is worth 20m euros. He loses the ball constantly and is hardly involved in the games at all. At the moment, he would struggle to bench Adama at Barca B.

The fee is a bit steep, but that's the direction the market is going. As Hamzah said, that will be the norm for top youth prospects in the future if it isn't already. Sure, he is a huge risk, but it could be worth it. I'm not saying I want him here, what I'm saying is that it's too early to write him off on the basis of a few league games.

From what I've seen in highlights, he is a raw talent. Most players at his age are. Bad games are to be expected.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I can see him rotating with iniesta, but because of his age he isn't a long term iniesta replacement. In the short term he will be good though.

I totally disagree with the idea he can rotate with rakitic unless we change the style of the midfield when we do that. He is a different player from rakitic and won't do his job of staying deep, covering, intercepting and controlling the tempo.

Obviously he will be great cover for the wings, especially if Pedro decides to leave (I know he signed an extension but the club may have done this to get more money for him).

StarLord

We won't buy him to be 5th option in attack and we won't switch from 433.

I think Turan will be playing at both offence and midfield if we buy him. Primarily though, it will be the "Iniesta position", and from his skill-set, I think he will prove good at it.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Braida (adviser): "My dear friend Marotta has officially rejected the bid for Pogba. It doesn't end here, but now there are first elections"

Jombi

The fee is a bit steep, but that's the direction the market is going. As Hamzah said, that will be the norm for top youth prospects in the future if it isn't already. Sure, he is a huge risk, but it could be worth it. I'm not saying I want him here, what I'm saying is that it's too early to write him off on the basis of a few league games.

From what I've seen in highlights, he is a raw talent. Most players at his age are. Bad games are to be expected.

OK, but he has only played a few games for Brazil at youth level as well. Its not like he has played dozens of games for Brazil at that level. From what I read, he hasnt featured at all at the u-15, u-17 or u-19 level. Only a handful of games at u-20 level. 20m euros for that is a joke IMO. Thats the most expensive 18 year old youth player ever, and judging by the way we let our youth go for next to nothing, 20m euros for decent youth prospects does not seem to be the way the market is going.

Last edited:

serghei

I can see him rotating with iniesta, but because of his age he isn't a long term iniesta replacement. In the short term he will be good though.

I totally disagree with the idea he can rotate with rakitic unless we change the style of the midfield when we do that. He is a different player from rakitic and won't do his job of staying deep, covering, intercepting and controlling the tempo.

Obviously he will be great cover for the wings, especially if Pedro decides to leave (I know he signed an extension but the club may have done this to get more money for him).

I think we can use him in a lot of positions. If say Busi gets injured or suspended, I have no problem with playing Iniesta - Rakitic - Arda. I also think we can line-up Iniesta - Busi - Arda, or Arda - Busquets - Rakitic. Buying Arda Turan gives us options we don't have at the moment, that's why Lucho wants him. It's a bit funny when people say they don't want Pogba, don't want Arda Turan, don't want this player or that player. We need midfielders ladies and gentlemen! I want 4 top class midfielders for 3 spots in january to defend the CL title.

Co0ter

Buying a player with intention to bounce him around multiple positions is never a good idea. The player never becomes fully emerged in his position and role in the team. A large part of the reason we did so well in both treble winning seasons, imo, is because we had consistent starters who all had specific roles and executed them. It took Lucho a little while as the new coach to figure out which was best- but when he did there was no doubt who his ideal starting 11 and tactics were.

A type of player like that is a last ditch effort to patch the midfield when you have a lot of injuries, not a strong option starter.

Arda isn't really ideal for either LM or RM, and he certainly isn't ideal for our wings- he will be a significant decrease in quality as a winger here.

So in the end, why?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

But Gerson, who showed nothing costs 20M.
Isn't it wiser to buy, for example, Kovacic, who is aged 21, not much older than Gerson and yet was very good in Dinamo Zagreb, 2 years in Internazionale and in NT team.

20M for Gerson are a good deal only if he turns into a 60-70 Million player.

JamDav1982

But Gerson, who showed nothing costs 20M.
Isn't it wiser to buy, for example, Kovacic, who is aged 21, not much older than Gerson and yet was very good in Dinamo Zagreb, 2 years in Internazionale and in NT team.

20M for Gerson are a good deal only if he turns into a 60-70 Million player.

Why would he need to become a 60-70m player?

Zincubus

Banned
Buying a player with intention to bounce him around multiple positions is never a good idea. The player never becomes fully emerged in his position and role in the team. A large part of the reason we did so well in both treble winning seasons, imo, is because we had consistent starters who all had specific roles and executed them. It took Lucho a little while as the new coach to figure out which was best- but when he did there was no doubt who his ideal starting 11 and tactics were.

A type of player like that is a last ditch effort to patch the midfield when you have a lot of injuries, not a strong option starter.

Arda isn't really ideal for either LM or RM, and he certainly isn't ideal for our wings- he will be a significant decrease in quality as a winger here.

So in the end, why?

Really ?? You don't rate him at all ??

He's played most if his recent career on the wings it has played CM on occasion for club and country supposedly.

I still have memories of him tormenting our defence whenever he's played against us . Ive always admired him .

serghei

A large part of the reason we did so well in both treble winning seasons, imo, is because we had consistent starters who all had specific roles and executed them.

We didn't have injuries, that's why. Next season could be different. And also, Iniesta played last season about 45% of all minutes from La Liga (around 1600 from 3400). Rakitic played around 60%. Rakitic didn't even play in one of the 2 clasicos from last season. In La Liga, Lucho rotated a lot in midfield, and you could be sure that if Arda is signed he will play as much as Iniesta and Rakitic, or very close to their minutes. I like Rakitic a lot, but he, like Iniesta, is susceptible to poor form. We have a light squad. We need reinforcements, and I'm not talking kids like Samper.

BBZ8800

We didn't have injuries, that's why. Next season could be different. And also, Iniesta played last season about 45% of all minutes from La Liga (around 1600 from 3400). Rakitic played around 60%. Rakitic didn't even play in one of the 2 clasicos from last season. In La Liga, Lucho rotated a lot in midfield, and you could be sure that if Arda is signed he will play as much as Iniesta and Rakitic, or very close to their minutes. I like Rakitic a lot, but he, like Iniesta, is susceptible to poor form. We have a light squad. We need reinforcements, and I'm not talking kids like Samper.

If not Arda, I still want any world class midfielder for the next Season.
Iniesta+Rakitic aren't enough.
I personally don't rate Rafinha too much, plus Samper has yet to prove himself on a senior level.
So, we currently have only 2+1 players.

Not only because of injuries (where we were extremely lucky this Season), but because of an accumulated fatigue.
We can survive one Season with a thin squad and with playing the same 11 over and over.
But history has shown that such teams usually pay a huge price in a 2nd consecutive season with doing this.
The first Season sometimes turns to be awesome, but a 2nd season is usually struck either with injuries or a team totally losing batteries in the 2nd part of the 2nd consecutive Season of playing with the first 11.

On one hand, we will lose the team's chemistry with some rotations.
On the other hand, without rotations, we can't survive the 2nd Season in a row with the same "trick".

Zincubus

Banned
If not Arda, I still want any world class midfielder for the next Season.
Iniesta+Rakitic aren't enough.
I personally don't rate Rafinha too much, plus Samper has yet to prove himself on a senior level.
So, we currently have only 2+1 players.

Not only because of injuries (where we were extremely lucky this Season), but because of an accumulated fatigue.
We can survive one Season with a thin squad and with playing the same 11 over and over.
But history has shown that such teams usually pay a huge price in a 2nd consecutive season with doing this.
The first Season sometimes turns to be awesome, but a 2nd season is usually struck either with injuries or a team totally losing batteries in the 2nd part of the 2nd consecutive Season of playing with the first 11.

On one hand, we will lose the team's chemistry with some rotations.
On the other hand, without rotations, we can't survive the 2nd Season in a row with the same "trick".

Plus Iniesta will be a year older / slower and less effective of course .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans