Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Pogba (Juventus): "One day I've joined Barça, the next PSG... There will always be rumours, but only Juve knows what I've asked." [sport360]

Co0ter

Really ?? You don't rate him at all ??

He's played most if his recent career on the wings it has played CM on occasion for club and country supposedly.

I still have memories of him tormenting our defence whenever he's played against us . Ive always admired him .

I love Arda, I think he's an outstanding player. However, to use him as mentioned in my post is just a waste. You have two roles in LM and RM that both Iniesta and Rakitic have both altered their playing styles to fit. You can buy Arda as a "sub" to go into those positions and add something different you also ask him to change himself into that role as well.

Or you can buy him as a winger backup....in which he isn't very pacey (so not useful on counterattacks which we do a lot under Lucho) and will be a significant downgrade from both Messi and Neymar.

Or you buy him as a "fill any role we need filled at the moment"....which I think is a waste and is never a proper way to use a player that is highly useful and skilled at one particular role.

Basically, I think a team is way stronger when they have players playing specific roles in which they are comfortable and can thrive playing vs a team buying players who can potentially fill multiple roles but not bring out the best in any.

xXKonan

Barcelona and Atletico closed deal on transfer of Arda Turan for 34M + incentives. Not yet clear if it will be signed before elections [ara]

+Barto's words on Twitter it seems all but confirmed. (Still a bit Skeptical)

Co0ter

What exactly is our magic trick though? Lucho's system is perfect at the moment and doesn't have any clear weakness. The only real weakness we had was earlier in the season Busquets was getting caught too far up and teams had success counterattacking us through the middle because we had a hole- whether they meant to do it or not. It depends on the form of the players, of course, but we are in great shape.

We aren't really weak to counters anymore with LM and RM covering fullbacks, yet Iniesta and Rakitic have creativity when they aren't forced to defend and the fullbacks aren't far up the field.

When they are sitting back defending, our fullbacks are adding width and while the best front trio in the world is wreaking havoc- all can score, all can penetrate, all can create. As long as we have these great, world class talents all we have to do is stick to what works, as long as they are willing to keep themselves in good form.

2-3 new exciting signings aren't going to fix that, because once again, who knows if their form will be good either? The only thing, and yes ONLY thing good about new signings at the moment is that it brings new blood and new drive- all our new players from last season have already tasted success to the highest degree. New blood keeps the team hungry.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Well Apparently Barto said this to Esport3. in Regards to Arda.

"He's a very good player, has real quality and perfectly marries what Luis Enrique wants for next season," Bartomeu told Esport3. "As such, as a candidate, I encourage the board to sign the player.

"In this way, next season, we'll have a team that will be very competitive and primed to win all possible titles."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Arda coming then. I'm not sure whether we should sign Pogba or another midfielder in 2016 now.

If we do then it probably means Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Denis Suarez all out. Rafinha's contract is actually running out next summer. Samper will have a tough time too.

BBZ8800

We shouldn´t sign Pogba if he wants 12M a year.I hope there are some other interesting midfielders in 2016 that we go after.

New players will emerge till then.

Last summer, we made jokes about Pogba.
This summer, he is the hyped as the best midfielder of a decade.

There will be new "best midfielders of a decade" till the next summer.

Ekul

For me, we shouldn't go anywhere near Pogba. Arda is a great technician, a great team player and a hard worker and will be a fantastic signing for the short term. When he declines we have Busquets, Roberto, Rafinha, Samper, Suarez all to play in midfield for the next decade, as Iniesta and Rakitic decline.

Zincubus

Banned
What exactly is our magic trick though? Lucho's system is perfect at the moment and doesn't have any clear weakness. The only real weakness we had was earlier in the season Busquets was getting caught too far up and teams had success counterattacking us through the middle because we had a hole- whether they meant to do it or not. It depends on the form of the players, of course, but we are in great shape.

We aren't really weak to counters anymore with LM and RM covering fullbacks, yet Iniesta and Rakitic have creativity when they aren't forced to defend and the fullbacks aren't far up the field.

When they are sitting back defending, our fullbacks are adding width and while the best front trio in the world is wreaking havoc- all can score, all can penetrate, all can create. As long as we have these great, world class talents all we have to do is stick to what works, as long as they are willing to keep themselves in good form.

2-3 new exciting signings aren't going to fix that, because once again, who knows if their form will be good either? The only thing, and yes ONLY thing good about new signings at the moment is that it brings new blood and new drive- all our new players from last season have already tasted success to the highest degree. New blood keeps the team hungry.

One thing could alter all the above - INJURIES . We were very , very lucky last year .

Gaudi

Don't see the need for Arda and Pogba...I would go for one anad promote one youngster. I guess Pogba is better but his demands (those we read) are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans