Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

After thinking for a while, I changed my mind and think Turan is the guy we need. Still a massive Pogba skeptic though...

And yes, unfortunately, Xavi is rreplaceable at the moment...

BBZ8800

Turan has the right qualities for Lucho's Barca. He's also experienced and can give us a good three years .

About new Xavi and people saying how we need younger players...
1) well instead of buying a 23 years old player who will serve us for 7-8 years and who will cost 50-80 Millions and who will maybe lose the motivation over time
2) we can buy one guy aged 28-29, who will play 3-4 years and after him, another guy aged 28-29 who will play 3-4 years, and pay each player 30-35 Millions
-- this can be slightly more expensive than buying just one 23-years old player, but it isn't THAT much different

If Arda can give good 3-4 years and if Lucho needs him, he can be awesome, even though he is not 23 and even though he is not a longterm (like 7-8-10 years) replacement.

Also, remember, these are Messi's final years.
A guy on his prime, like Arda, can help to us to get 1-2-3 more CLs in the next 4-5 years.

khaled_a_d

About new Xavi and people saying how we need younger players...
1) well instead of buying a 23 years old player who will serve us for 7-8 years and who will cost 50-80 Millions and who will maybe lose the motivation over time
2) we can buy one guy aged 28-29, who will play 3-4 years and after him, another guy aged 28-29 who will play 3-4 years, and pay each player 30-35 Millions
-- this can be slightly more expensive than buying just one 23-years old player, but it isn't THAT much different

If Arda can give good 3-4 years and if Lucho needs him, he can be awesome, even though he is not 23 and even though he is not a longterm (like 7-8-10 years) replacement.

Also, remember, these are Messi's final years.
A guy on his prime, like Arda, can help to us to get 1-2-3 more CLs in the next 4-5 years.

Teams need a good mix of youth ,experience and players at their prime .you can't just win continually without one of them .It isn't just about the years that he can give us
We can get a player 28/29 now ,but in few years we will need to get 2 players to replace Arda and Iniesta ,then couple of more years players to replace may be Busquets and Rakitic
This smells a lot like Italian teams in the 2000's .Milan put a gr8 team and milked it and reached 3 CL finals and won 2 of them .Inter won treble in 2010 .but in both cases they had too many players of same generation /age and that made it hard to comeback .surely there was other factors but that approach will make an idea of retooling teams easy impossible and will make moving from Messi a full rebuild task rather than passing it to Neymar and next star we get
We have Messi/Suarez/Pedro/Pique and may be Arda all born in 1987(people who were born that year are gr8 btw :p ) and Busquets/Rakitic in 1988 while Alba 1989 ,those are already the core of the team .continuing with buying players of same age is risky IMO .
I really don't recall an example of that approach that worked for long time
Edit : This is also with keeping in mind how low are we on La Masia players right now .but if one pf pur midfield prospects steped up or Lucho feel he is the real deal .that changes the equation

xXKonan

Gerson (Fluminense): "Barça and Juve transfer rumours affect my game? No. I leave those things to my father. And I'm used to deal with it."

Gerson (Fluminense): "Everyone dreams of playing with the world's best at Barça or Juve. I'm happy with interest, but I focus on Fluminense"

xXKonan

Bartomeu (presidential candidate): "Turan will cost bit less than 35M. Hope it'll be done in next days. Depends on managing committee" [ser]

Co0ter

The idea of buying players to strengthen the team immediately while Messi is in his prime makes the most sense. Arda is a great player but I'm not sure he was the best choice, got to keep in mind what is available though. What I do know though is that Arda will always give 100% and fight like a warrior.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Fuck pogba and sign Arda. As much as I want the la masia players to see more playtime they are not ready for starter place this season nor the next. Maybe if rafinha improves drastically this season. One injury will force them to a starter position, what if it happens in a crucial period? Our midfield and attack are incredibly thin and we need a quality replacement. We are better team with arda and that is all that matters, forget about anything else. Now lets hope this deal goes through and psg/city could convince pogba so that we can dodge that bullet.

xXKonan

Fluminense have rejected Juventus' 16M bid for Gerson (18). Barcelona, who have first option, blocked the transfer. [odia rn via md]

Egert

Estonian Culé
Are we blackmailing juve or are we really interested in gerson? Not sure lol.

I'm sure it's a little bit of both :lol:
Maybe we and Juve are going to have that PSG-Barca relationship where we can't buy players from eachother.

Braida (transfer adviser): "Pogba is a great player, genius. It's normal that every big club is interested in him. But Juventus..." [sms]

Zincubus

Banned
Arda Turan isn't any better nor that much younger than Iniesta. The whole point of buying him is to have him for just half a season? I just don't see a lot of long term merit in it if Pogba is coming next season and if he isn't, there are younger and more technically gifted players who actually function as a CM that we could buy instead.

Personally I think Rafinha made a lot of progress too last season and might take this opportunity at the beginning of the season and run with it.

We need a long term transfer for Xavi's replacement, and Arda doesn't represent that in style nor in age. To be honest, this move could wait till January and even if our player is cup tied, he likely won't start over Rakiniesta anyway.

That's why I think our purchase should be either a more attacking complement to Rakitic or a tempo dictating complement to either Rafinha or Denis Suarez (the two players who I think should be who we consider Iniesta's replacement).

Look nobody's saying Arda has Iniesta's dancing feet as they're different types of players . Arda is arguably more suited to the style we are NOW playing and the way we are evolving . Arda is also 3 years YOUNGER and it's three years at the the crucial end . Turan is inmmensely talented , very committed and passionate , hard working and he's been used to working like a dog at Atletico . Iniesta is most certainly in decline and it's quite noticeable to the less deluded of us !

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona have personal deal with Fluminense player Gerson (18) for 5 seasons, starting in 2016. Transfer fee expected to be 15-18M. [sport]

Jombi

Barcelona have personal deal with Fluminense player Gerson (18) for 5 seasons, starting in 2016. Transfer fee expected to be 15-18M. [sport]

Great news. Keirrison was also signed for 5 long seasons, and we paid his wages every year even though he didnt play a single minute of football for us. I am sure former vice-president Marc Ingla who owns 15% of Gerson and Traffic are happy ppl now.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Really ? The kid made his Barca first team debut in Feb 2010 according to Wiki and after nearly 5 years he just made 9 appearances in La Liga last season ( possibly as sub ) scored no goals . That doesn't sound like a world beater to me .

I remember him scoring a hattrick against Celtic in the CL or are you just talking about liga?
Edit: Nevermind I didn't see the last season part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans