Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcafan 2304

Agreed but what I will agree with stric on is that we have Turan to come and that is what the board will look out for the remainder of the season. They will probably look at bigger transfers next summer. However, I do feel in January we need to get a decent forward in to cover for MSN. If one of them gets injured, we are looking at Barca b players

GoGGi

Nolito, Gundogan and Ricardo. At least that would make our squad competitive.
From Wiki on Ricardo: "...Conversely, he has been criticised for giving too much room to opposition attackers, taking up poor positioning and lacking in defensive discipline, and other analysts have criticised his concentration."

xXKonan

Celta winger Nolito (28) wants to leave in January. He prefers to join Barcelona. Has offers from several other teams. [sport catr rac1]

Barcilliant

Lol @everyone missing the point.

We need a proper cb. Someone who will be a rock and lead the defence. Someone who is not injury prone, height challenged or prone to lapses of concentration.

Xavinho

Celta winger Nolito (28) wants to leave in January. He prefers to join Barcelona. Has offers from several other teams. [sport catr rac1]

I like Nolito. I always enjoyed watching him play for the B team, and I was disappointed when he left. I understood his decision though. It was clear he wasn't going to be a starter. But, if the rumours are to be believed, he'd now be content with a rotation role here.

I'm not sure he'd be the best signing we could make though. I do think our depth could be better up front, and Nolito does have experience playing under Lucho, which is a plus. But, we can only register three new players for the Champions League in January. Two of them will be Arda and Aleix Vidal. Both of them can, along with Sandro and Munir, provide cover for Neymar and Messi. So, it's not the lack of depth in the forward line that concerns me the most, but the lack of depth in midfield.

We have Rakitic and a 31-year-old Iniesta in the middle of the park. And after that? Sergi Roberto is a player I like a lot, but he hasn't convinced in midfield. And by January Arda Turan won't have played for months, aside from a couple of matches for his national team. I'd like to see him given time to gain match fitness, and an understanding with his teammates, with sub appearances in midfield and attack. If he's relied on too much, too soon, he could break down.

I hope we'll be lucky with injuries. If anything happens to Rakitic, we'll have to compete for la liga, and the Champions League, with a midfield of Iniesta - who I think is past his peak physically - and an unfit Arda Turan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans