Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

We dont have to always try to buy PSG/Arsenal players or some superstar like Pogba though. The vast majority of the time big clubs buy players, they buy players from smaller teams who are usually younger than 25 and very rarely do they buy players pushing 30 years of age. Barcelona is the clear exception to this, not the rule.

gasgas

He is 26 by January. And we already have Vidal and Arda. Whats the point of adding yet another winger?

we want to make a winger collection remember :D
yeah, i too disagree on this notion that we need a winger. more than a winger, we do need a midfielder, our midfield is thin in depth and thin in quality to some extent.
sergi roberto is a rightback not a CM also

gasgas

He is 26 by January. And we already have Vidal and Arda. Whats the point of adding yet another winger?

we want to make a winger collection remember :D
yeah, i too disagree on this notion that we need a winger. more than a winger, we do need a midfielder, our midfield is thin in depth and thin in quality to some extent.
sergi roberto is a rightback not a CM also

Galning

How many wingers do we actually have in the squad? There's Neymar, Vidal and? Messi? He's hardly a winger. I also don't think we should buy one but it's not like we actually have a lot.

Jombi

How many wingers do we actually have in the squad? There's Neymar, Vidal and? Messi? He's hardly a winger. I also don't think we should buy one but it's not like we actually have a lot.

Call it "left attacker or right attacker" instead of winger then. It doesnt really matter what we call Messi or Arda or Neymar or whoever, the point is that they can play on the right or left side of the attack.

khaled_a_d

I saw Munir play in the UEFA Youth league. You don't lose talent like that plus he works hard on a pitch meaning he has the right attitude. Those 2 combined with a good football IQ is a 90% chance of success. The other 10% is dependent on your luck and fitness (case in point Cuenca).

Talent in youth level? no it can be lost or actually it might not translate into senior level .
In youth level Munir was considered inferior player to the bigger talents like Dongou,Sanabria,Adama and to a lesser extent Sandro .he even needed those player to move from his way to shine (they were promoted to B team b4 him). so if you see a player like Dongou who was once way bigger talent than Munir isn't even in consideration for 1st team and even some don't want him in B team .there is a chance that Munir himself doesn't make . he isn't a 90% chances of success by any mean
That said ,last 2 games was promising .probably his best football in 2015 .lets hope he build up from here and meet his initial hype

anguy

We can register only 3 players in CL in January ,Vidal & Arda being 2 of them
Highly doubt we will sign anyone who isn't capable of playing in CL tbh

Well, one interesting possibility is to NOT register Vidal for CL (just for La Liga). If Roberto continues to play well on RB, he and Alves could be enough to cover RB position.

xXKonan

Barcelona are studying the possibility of signing two players in January. Coaching staff wants a versatile forward and a midfielder [sport]

Hmm no Left Back if true. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona are studying the possibility of signing two players in January. Coaching staff wants a versatile forward and a midfielder [sport]

Hmm no Left Back if true. :lol:

I really hope we don't sign an average midfielder just for the sake of it. If they absolutely have to sign a midfielder then it should be a World Class, quality one and that's very difficult in January.

Last thing we need is to load the team with more potential deadweight. Already got Adriano and Douglas on that list which is enough.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I really hope we don't sign an average midfielder just for the sake of it. If they absolutely have to sign a midfielder then it should be a World Class, quality one and that's very difficult in January.

Last thing we need is to load the team with more potential deadweight. Already got Adriano and Douglas on that list which is enough.
Barcelona are considering to sign two players in January, a defensive midfielder and a versatile forward. [sport] looks like We are after a "DM" than a CM it appears.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona are considering to sign two players in January, a defensive midfielder and a versatile forward. [sport] looks like We are after a "DM" than a CM it appears.

Don't see the urgent need of a DM with Sergi Roberto capable of playing there and doing well. Then Lucho likes to use Masche there too sometimes. He's also including Gumbau in the squads these days and then you have Samper in the B team too.

Last edited:

Jombi

I think our obsession with world class players is part of the problem. We seem almost completely incapable of doing bargain deals like other big clubs do and constantly try to sign players who already play for big clubs and are thus considered "world class". Its either aging players looking for their last big contract or some superstar we are after. This seems to be the case now as well. After signing Arda, Vermaelen, Mathieu and others, the two players we are most heavily linked with now are Nolito (aging, last big contract) and Pogba (star name). This type of transfer policy is unprecedented among big clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans