Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark

I don't get it all. With the ban over they can take their time and find a long term solution but instead will likely panic buy a guy who turns 29 next week with a playing style that does not endure the test of time very well. If these older players were coming cheaper it would make some sense but most of the time we are having to pay just as much if not more for the close to or past 30 year old players. Then in 2017 they will say they can't overhaul the squad full of past it players because there is a stadium to build. Right now it seems we will consider a younger player if he is playing in Brazil with 3 shady investment groups and 5 professional games or a lot of games but the entire fan-base doesn't rate them :douglas:.

xXKonan

Barcelona have been following Anderlecht midfielder Youri Tielemans (18). Several English clubs are also interested. [md]

xXKonan

It's actually great we are following Players like Youri Tielemans,Ruben Neves, and Riechedly Bazoer.

I just hope we don't mess around for to long or they will be snatched up. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't get it all. With the ban over they can take their time and find a long term solution but instead will likely panic buy a guy who turns 29 next week with a playing style that does not endure the test of time very well. If these older players were coming cheaper it would make some sense but most of the time we are having to pay just as much if not more for the close to or past 30 year old players. Then in 2017 they will say they can't overhaul the squad full of past it players because there is a stadium to build. Right now it seems we will consider a younger player if he is playing in Brazil with 3 shady investment groups and 5 professional games or a lot of games but the entire fan-base doesn't rate them :douglas:.

Well said. No to players like Nolito. This club/board clearly lacks foresight and business acumen.

xXKonan

I'd Say Robert has been doing a decent job so far He's attending a lot games and along with Scouts across Europe.

While I do Praise Zubi for our 2014/15 Transfers one of his main Criticisms was he didn't attend a lot of games or so. Robert seems like he's learned quite a bit from Zubi's mistakes and he's out there looking for Great talent at least.

Last edited:

gatsu

Well said. No to players like Nolito. This club/board clearly lacks foresight and business acumen.

Well Lucho don't like young players. It is obvious by now that our coach will always go for experienced players. Our recent recruits and the way we are managing our proper young talents, prove this point very clearly.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We have been trying to invest in younger players though (Halilovic, Ter Stegen, Neymar, our failed bid for Marquinhos last summer). Rakitic and Vidal were both signed at 26, which isn't that old.

And now with the reports of Robert scouting Tielemans, Neves, Mustafi, and Bazoer, it's clear that the club is looking at a mix of young players and older players who can make an immediate impact.

For example, Nolito's signing makes sense because he's played at Barca before and at Celta he played under Lucho. So it would take him less time to adapt than another forward.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well Lucho don't like young players. It is obvious by now that our coach will always go for experienced players. Our recent recruits and the way we are managing our proper young talents, prove this point very clearly.

I am not sure if that is true at all. He gave our youngsters a lot of playing time and he was instrumental in the club's new policy of selling players with buy-back to foster more playing time, I heard?

But even if that was true, and I understand the club has to accommodate the plans of the current manager, nevertheless the club must display some foresight and plann ahead. Managers and players come and go, the club is forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans