Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiaseti

We don't need another midfielder certainly not at those prices. For now we need to renew Messi and Neymar and that is enough and should be our first priority. A backup forward would be nice but even that is not absolutely urgent as iniesta and arda can play that role if needed with some tactical shuffling. LB could use a backup though.

xXKonan

Theirs always that debate Whether or not to go for a CM that can control games.

But In my opinion with the way Roberto has been Improving and Halilovic has been performing for Sporting and us having a buyback on Suarez as well. we are set for now I would imagine since we just got Arda, and have Samper coming through as well.

I think our Main Priorities should be getting a CB and a LB and a Forward IMO.

LordLichtenstein

In August 2016, at the start of next seasons 2016-17 campaign.

Attack:

Messi: 29
Suárez: 29
Neymar: 24

(We don't need another striker. Arda can be subbed in for Neymar, Rafinha for Suárez & Roberto for Messi.)

Midfield:

Iniesta: 32
Arda: 29
Rakitić: 28
Busquets: 28
Roberto: 24
Rafinha: 23

(We don't need another midfielder. Iniesta & Arda can rotate. Rakitić & Roberto can rotate. Rafinha can be our back-up if someone gets an injury and Busquets, well, it's Busquets, nobody touching him. But if needed Rakitić or Roberto can step in, should he get an injury.

Defense:

Alves: 33
Mathieu: 32 (almost 33)
Mascherano: 32
Adriano: 31 (almost 32)
Vermaelen: 30 (almost 31)
Pique: 29
Alba: 27
A. Vidal: 27
Bartra: 25

(Sell Mathieu and Adriano and buy a new LB) Piqué & Bartra can rotate. Mascherano & Vermaelen can rotate. Alba & new LB can rotate. Alves & A. Vidal can rotate, but since Alves is getting old, maybe Roberto should get some playing time as a RB?

The way I see it, we only need a new LB

Trickykid

I (luckily) can't see us splashing the needed 50-60M euros on someone like Stones. He's just not that good.
Mustafi would be my bet too, but if we decide to go all in for a young CB, I think we're going for either Laporte or Marquinhos. Nasser will probably tell us to sod off as he usually does, though.

khaled_a_d

I think it'll be Laporte, especially if he signs up for Puyol's agency

Puyol is very competitive guy who will consist his agency with his former agent and Iván de la Peña (not just his own) .I doubt him becoming Laporte's agent will be any relevant to such a signing . he won't do us favor
And Bilbao won't negotiate .his price is just insane to say at least

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Having in mind the way Martinez left for Bayern and Mathieu joined Barca, Everton might be easier to deal with than Bilbao or Valencia. We probably have good relations with them because of Deulofeu.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Puyol is very competitive guy who will consist his agency with his former agent and Iván de la Peña (not just his own) .I doubt him becoming Laporte's agent will be any relevant to such a signing . he won't do us favor
And Bilbao won't negotiate .his price is just insane to say at least

What kind of trickery did Bayern do to avoid paying taxes for Javi Martinez? Should ask them :lol:

F

Flavia

Having in mind the way Martinez left for Bayern and Mathieu joined Barca, Everton might be easier to deal with than Bilbao or Valencia. We probably have good relations with them because of Deulofeu.

Valencia was happy to sell Mathieu for 18m, they didn't lower his price. And used the money to get Mustafi.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Valencia was happy to sell Mathieu for 18m, they didn't lower his price. And used the money to get Mustafi.

Well yeah, but Mathieu was begging to let him go for less and in the end had to take a pay cut, so they are still very hard to deal with. Although Everton did the similar thing with Chelsea, Stones reportedly gave transfer request, but they still refused to sell him. Whoever we decide to go after will be pricey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans