Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yes, but their best traits still lie elsewhere. Our squad is still fairly light even with the 2 signings. Plus those reasons I stated above.

Exactly, look at this stat - Munir and Sandro combined have 0 goals from 32 shots so far this season:lol:. The team is creating a lot of chances and we just need someone who could finish those chances being as a sub or if one of MSN is injured. I think we don't need Nolito though, experienced strike on loan would be perfect.

LordLichtenstein

Exactly, look at this stat - Munir and Sandro combined have 0 goals from 32 shots so far this season:lol:. The team is creating a lot of chances and we just need someone who could finish those chances being as a sub or if one of MSN is injured. I think we don't need Nolito though, experienced strike on loan would be perfect.
MSN doesn't accept being subbed, Lucho learned that last season. What striker in their right mind would want to come, when they won't get any playing time?

The way I see it, we have 4 players in our Xl that is irreplaceable; Messi, Neymar, Suárez and Busquets, all the others can be rotated as much as Lucho want, but don't sub, rest -or for any other reason leave those 4 out. I think it is much better having Arda and Roberto as 'back-ups', should one get an injury. Our squad doesn't need to be 25 strong, 21-22 is perfect.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
MSN doesn't accept being subbed, Lucho learned that last season. What striker in their right mind would want to come, when they won't get any playing time?

That's not true. Suarez can be subbed and Pedro was subbed in while MSN was on the pitch as well. And there are strikers who never won CL and who would be extra motivated to do that before they retire.

The way I see it, we have 4 players in our Xl that is irreplaceable; Messi, Neymar, Suárez and Busquets, all the others can be rotated as much as Lucho want, but don't sub, rest -or for any other reason leave those 4 out. I think it is much better having Arda and Roberto as 'back-ups', should one get an injury. Our squad doesn't need to be 25 strong, 21-22 is perfect.

Yeah it's good thing that we have back-ups, but neither Arda or Roberto are natural finishers and finishing chances could be vital in last stages of the season.

Last edited:

Jombi

I dont think a rusty old striker that has been on the bench for a month is a better alternative to "finish chances" than versatile players who are match fit. With a superstar trio up front, our backups need to be versatile players who can get plenty of minutes in a wide range of positions and be match fit when needed as a forward.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

I dont think a rusty old striker that has been on the bench for a month is a better alternative to "finish chances" than versatile players who are match fit. With a superstar trio up front, our backups need to be versatile players who can get plenty of minutes in a wide range of positions and be match fit when needed as a forward.
This.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Remember Roberto's rockets into the stands, what game was that? Against Villareal? If you can't finish, you can't finish even in good form. And if you look at those 32 chances that Munir and Sandro had, you'll see that majority of them were given to them on the plate - they had to score sitters from 1-2 meters, old rusty striker would have scored at least 4-5 goals from those 32 chances. You see he doesn't have to be in a superb form or superb dribbler, we just need a fox in the box who could wait for a ball to be delivered to him. Anyway, I am just supporting Lucho's idea that we need a real forward.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

Remember Roberto's rockets into the stands, what game was that? Against Villareal? If you can't finish, you can't finish even in good form. And if you look at those 32 chances that Munir and Sandro had, you'll see that majority of them were given to them on the plate - they had to score sitters from 1-2 meters, old rusty striker would have scored at least 4-5 goals from those 32 chances. You see he doesn't have to be in a superb form or superb dribbler, we just need a fox in the box who could wait for a ball to be delivered to him. Anyway, I am just supporting Lucho's idea that we need a real forward.
To be fair, Arda does know how to score. :)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
To be fair, Arda does know how to score. :)

Maybe, but again he is not a real striker, it's not his job to score goals and I can't seem to find the quote that Lucho said after RM, but he was asked about Roberto playing as RW and he said that despite the fact that we have players who can cover for forwards it doesn't mean that don't need a real forward. Mathieu was supposed to cover for LB as well, you see how that is working:lol:

mark1nhu

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

A clinical striker can definitely finish better than 0/32 from Sandro and Munir.

True strikers just don't forget how to score.

Galning

We definitely need a backup left back who's good with the ball at his feet. Mathieu has the first touch of a statue.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

A clinical striker can definitely finish better than 0/32 from Sandro and Munir.

True strikers just don't forget how to score.

010415-Soccer-Atletico-Madrid-Fernando-Torres-gestures-AS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.73.jpg

Edit: pic is slightly bigger than i thought :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Torres had not forced his way back to reach the 2010 WC then he might have still been good striker today. Although I don't think he regret it....

Falcao's case similar.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If Torres had not forced his way back to reach the 2010 WC then he might have still been good striker today. Although I don't think he regret it....

Falcao's case similar.

2 strange cases indeed, and it's not like they were 30+ and just fed up with football - both young and trying but failing so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans