Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

Thing is 2 of the MSN will be 29 by next season .they won't have option but to accept being rested or otherwise injured

Yes, they might not like it, but if they play all the time I can guarantee you they will all be burned out when the most important matches come. They ALL need some rest (including Messi) regardless what they think. Also Luis Enrique has much stronger position now, he can deal with their moods.

J

Jamie Cal

I dont think a rusty old striker that has been on the bench for a month is a better alternative to "finish chances" than versatile players who are match fit. With a superstar trio up front, our backups need to be versatile players who can get plenty of minutes in a wide range of positions and be match fit when needed as a forward.

There's no reason why the guy we sign wouldn't be versatile, I mean, you HAVE to be versatile to be at Barca. And just by virtue of playing someone in a different position (if we're talking Sandro and Munir) doesn't make them versatile either. And it's not just "being on the bench for a month", do you not see how many games we have a year?

Even look at the Sociedad game yesterday; became clear in the second half, that after a long week, the guys took the foot off the gas a bit, and that was perfectly acceptable all things considered. Having a squad when the games stack up is crucial, and again, one (if not both) of Sandro/Munir need to go out on the road.

raki

After Barcelona's ban, Fifa will now finally also punish Spanish (Madrid/Atletico), English (Chelsea/Arsenal), German and Italian clubs [as]

cule19

I think more than a striker, Barca needs a midfielder.

There's already Iniesta, Arda, Rakitic, SRoberto, Rafinha. That's 5 players for 2 spots, maybe we need a DM to rest Busquets every once in a while, but I don't think it's priority. We DO need a central back and a left back.

cule19

People don't seem to be concerned with the defense but frankly we should be concerned, we should at the very least be looking for a sub for Alba. On the left side, if Alba is out it's terrible news, both Adriano and Mathieu are "natural" left backs, but they have both been performing terribly. Adriano is great going forward but has been very shaky in defense and every time Mathieu comes on, no matter the position, I get the shivers. I do not know who we should get though, I'd favor Juan Bernat, Alberto Moreno, Aurtenetxe, Balenziaga or De Marcos. All these options are a bit pricey for a sub though and may much more playing time than what they would get.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I agree on the left back problem but Mathieu at cb is solid enough. Adriano should be let go and someone young should take his place.

SeloBarca

There's already Iniesta, Arda, Rakitic, SRoberto, Rafinha. That's 5 players for 2 spots, maybe we need a DM to rest Busquets every once in a while, but I don't think it's priority. We DO need a central back and a left back.

Rakitic and Rafinha are very inconsistant though, Rafina quite often beeing the worst on the field, and Roberto has been better on the wing.
Iniesta is also getting older and injuryprone.
Will have to see how Roberto does but it might be worth checking our options.

Jombi

Arda and Roberto are supposed to be alternatives for other positions too. We simply lack double cover on every position and it is a problem IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans