Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucky

There's already Iniesta, Arda, Rakitic, SRoberto, Rafinha. That's 5 players for 2 spots, maybe we need a DM to rest Busquets every once in a while, but I don't think it's priority. We DO need a central back and a left back.

And what if one or two of them are injured?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
And what if one or two of them are injured?

If two of them are injured we still have three more :lol: But seriously, this is not Football Manager where you can just collect the best players with +95 ranking or something. U want world class players with high wages chilling on the bench? They don't. And we can't afford it. For now we have Iniesta as our main CM, and Arda is an incredibly good player. On top of that u have a hardworking Raki, a Roberto that just keeps getting better and an injured Rafinha who will be back soon. Any team can get unlucky with many injuries, but no team sits on one or two world class backups in every position - it's not possible. Having 5 players for 2 spots is more than fine. Not this summer, but next - we can start looking for a high profile CM to replace Iniesta. Hali is doing fine - but I don't see him as CM for us.

Nucky

I didn't said we should buy WC midfielder and put him on the bench but to be honest our bench is short. There is always possibility of injuries specially if players have too much games in their legs.

Jombi

If two of them are injured we still have three more :lol: But seriously, this is not Football Manager where you can just collect the best players with +95 ranking or something. U want world class players with high wages chilling on the bench? They don't. And we can't afford it. For now we have Iniesta as our main CM, and Arda is an incredibly good player. On top of that u have a hardworking Raki, a Roberto that just keeps getting better and an injured Rafinha who will be back soon. Any team can get unlucky with many injuries, but no team sits on one or two world class backups in every position - it's not possible. Having 5 players for 2 spots is more than fine. Not this summer, but next - we can start looking for a high profile CM to replace Iniesta. Hali is doing fine - but I don't see him as CM for us.

We only have 5 players for 2 spots if we assume these players are not supposed to cover for other positions. But Roberto and Arda and even Rafa are supposed to cover for other spots as well. I think a backup LB and also a player who can either play midfield or numerous forward positions should be prioritized. Especially with Roberto clearly needing to cover for 33 year old Alves and as DM. Someone like Jonas Hector as backup LB and Johannes Geis as CM could be useful.

CMs would be Iniesta, Geis, Rafinha, Rakitic and Arda while forwards would be MSN + Arda, Vidal and Halilovic

SeloBarca

I also think maybe not next summer but next. Problem is that i think the player that would be the right fit for us will be bought by another team by then.
I would sell Rafinha and maybe Raki and get him.
Dont agree with Iniesta beeing a CM though, so we have several players competing for the AM spot, but noone for CM spot.
Busi is pretty much our CM and DM at the same time.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The only team that needs 6 players for one position is Arsenal.

Barca needs main XI world class players (which we already have) and great players who can play in a variety of positions (which we already have - Turan (CM, AM, LW, RW)in a month), Rafinha (AM, CM, RW, LW - injured), Sergi Roberto(DM, CM, RB, RW), Aleix Vidal (RB, RW), Mathieu (CB, LB :p), Vermaelen (CB, LB?), Bartra (CB, RB :p), Samper (CM, DM), Munir (yeah i know), Sandro (still know), Adriano (again, i know), Douglas (GK,RB,CB,LB,DM,CM,AM,W,ST;Manager,Ref,Linesman,Club President,*Mascot*).
A player who can be effective as a replacement for Suarez is needed but who can also play on the wings. And the other area is LB, as Mathieu, Verma and Adriano really aren't that great at the position. And I understand people who says that next summer we need to freshen up the CB position. But when thinking of present time, I can't really complain about the squad.

Jombi

Barca needs main XI world class players (which we already have) and great players who can play in a variety of positions (which we already have - Turan (CM, AM, LW, RW)in a month), Rafinha (AM, CM, RW, LW - injured), Sergi Roberto(DM, CM, RB, RW), Aleix Vidal (RB, RW), Mathieu (CB, LB :p), Vermaelen (CB, LB?), Bartra (CB, RB :p), Samper (CM, DM), Munir (yeah i know), Sandro (still know), Adriano (again, i know), Douglas (GK,RB,CB,LB,DM,CM,AM,W,ST;Manager,Ref,Linesman,Club President,*Mascot*).
A player who can be effective as a replacement for Suarez is needed but who can also play on the wings. And the other area is LB, as Mathieu, Verma and Adriano really aren't that great at the position. And I understand people who says that next summer we need to freshen up the CB position. But when thinking of present time, I can't really complain about the squad.

People will start to gripe and get negative once the next injury/suspension crisis arrives.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
People will start to gripe and get negative once the next injury/suspension crisis arrives.

Ofcourse we will, It's only natural because we want the best for our team.

On another note.

Imagine being an Arsenal fan.

Their whole squad has been injured this season except for Joel Campbell.

And their current injury list:
Cazorla; Koscielny; Alexis; Arteta; Coquelin; Walcott; Welbeck; Wilshere; Rosicky.

khaled_a_d

We only have 5 players for 2 spots if we assume these players are not supposed to cover for other positions. But Roberto and Arda and even Rafa are supposed to cover for other spots as well. I think a backup LB and also a player who can either play midfield or numerous forward positions should be prioritized. Especially with Roberto clearly needing to cover for 33 year old Alves and as DM. Someone like Jonas Hector as backup LB and Johannes Geis as CM could be useful.

CMs would be Iniesta, Geis, Rafinha, Rakitic and Arda while forwards would be MSN + Arda, Vidal and Halilovic

Arda and Roberto are supposed to be alternatives for other positions too. We simply lack double cover on every position and it is a problem IMO.

2 things:
1-5 players for 2 spots are way too deep .if we they cover too many positions beside their original position then isn't the logical option to buy cover for other positions and not stacking their position even more?
Roberto will play less RB when Vidal comes .Vidal will also be used as a winger from time to time and will decrease Roberto time at those positions .very good chance we add forward too
2-This team is built on versatility .we need around 20 good players to cover for the 11 positions (18 for the 10 outfield players) . this was once said by Pep .too much depth is actually bad for the coach as it puts additional work on his shoulder and make it more difficult to establish his idea with the squad
That mean we will always feel short in a player or two .but this is how the coaches prefer to work

Neymessi

Yup,our squad is really good to go at least this season.We have a great squad and any additional players would seem surplus and be unnecessarry.The only weak spot we really need is a backup LB,but its really difficult to get a good backup bench player.The forward line is also good to go.We have roberto,turan and vidal who can play there as backups.

Jombi

2 things:
1-5 players for 2 spots are way too deep .if we they cover too many positions beside their original position then isn't the logical option to buy cover for other positions and not stacking their position even more?
Roberto will play less RB when Vidal comes .Vidal will also be used as a winger from time to time and will decrease Roberto time at those positions .very good chance we add forward too
2-This team is built on versatility .we need around 20 good players to cover for the 11 positions (18 for the 10 outfield players) . this was once said by Pep .too much depth is actually bad for the coach as it puts additional work on his shoulder and make it more difficult to establish his idea with the squad
That mean we will always feel short in a player or two .but this is how the coaches prefer to work

So is it really now established that Roberto is not supposed to really be the heir of Alves? Just a few weeks ago, people wanted to make Roberto the permanent starter at RB. Now he is supposed to be our main backup for CM together with Arda?

I dont think this is a good idea. His skills are perfect for the RB spot. I dont want us to buy cover for DM or RB. I want Roberto to be that player. And I dont think Vidal is better than Roberto as RB.

I dont like the idea of relying on Munir, Sandro and others as backup. I dont think they cut it at the highest level. I think we need one more player who either is a midfielder, or if we consider Arda to be a permanent midfielder, then a versatile left/right forward.

Jombi

Ofcourse we will, It's only natural because we want the best for our team.

On another note.

Imagine being an Arsenal fan.

Their whole squad has been injured this season except for Joel Campbell.

And their current injury list:
Cazorla; Koscielny; Alexis; Arteta; Coquelin; Walcott; Welbeck; Wilshere; Rosicky.

And it could happen to us too. We got a little taste of it early in the season. It can get much worse. We were very lucky last season.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
And it could happen to us too. We got a little taste of it early in the season. It can get much worse. We were very lucky last season.

Lucho and his medical team are quite good at monitoring our players, I understand bad luck can happen but it'd be stupid to have 22 highly paid great players just in case. In January, we get 2 players and barca has Barca B when things go really bad.

Jombi

Lucho and his medical team are quite good at monitoring our players, I understand bad luck can happen but it'd be stupid to have 22 highly paid great players just in case. In January, we get 2 players and barca has Barca B when things go really bad.

I dont think anyone has advocated for 22 highly paid great players. But to not have to rely on Sandro, Munir, Gumbau and Adriano, especially at the end of the season when injuries are even more bound to happen, makes sense for a top club. I think many people got a wake up call a few months ago when people realized that Barca are just as prone to injury crisis as other top clubs and last year was an anomaly.

Which Barca B players can realistically play a CL knockout game right now? We cant choose when injury/suspension crisis hits.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Seriously people, it's a fine balance between wages, playing time, keeping everybody fresh, giving everybody minutes so they don't get rusty and to have a good harmony so that experienced players keep playing at a high level. If it were up to some fickle fans Alves, Iniesta, Masch and Sergi Robert would be out the door and new flavour of the month players brought in. But no, we stick to our philosophy and we're doing it good don't u think? Yes we can get unlucky with 10 players injured from our starting 11 - but u want 10 new players to just jump in, without much minutes to their names, and the team performs like it did before the injuries? No way. I'd rather have a squad with very versatile players, integrated into the team, that can play many positions in case we're unlucky with injuries. We need a better LB cover though, and maybe a forward that could play 3 positions up front because Sandro and Munir don't cut it. But I'm not even sure we need a forward, we have enough cover and Munir might do a Sergi for all we know. Take a chill pill and wait until next summer, if shit happens' 1 extra midfielder coming in this winter won't help us - it takes like 6 months to even understand how we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans