Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Dno. Javi is a good player imo and Ander has never been hyped that much. he's a good midfielder who's just not fit for van gaal.

Benatia cost Bayern 30m and while I wanted him here.....a lot. He's been very injury prone at Bayern.
A little bit less with 28m€, but u r right and thats why Bayern ll prob sell Benatia next summer and buying a reliable CB instead. So if u r still interested...

True, but hes been solid when he has played, except the first games.
Subotic is also underrated next to Hummels.
Agree with the 1st part, but the 2nd part is nonsense. I have read something like this in some other forums too and the only explanation I have is, that such people r not watching Bundesliga at all. He is terrible with the ball on his feet..a typical old school CB, who is only good at heading and tackling and not even there he is outstanding. He lost his place to Sokratis last season and then Sorkatis lost his place to Sven Bender this season and that means, Subotic has been 4th choice since a while and Tuchel doesnt need such a limited player at all. Tuchel is more like Guardiola, who prefers a smart CB instead with good opening play and being able to string some passes together and not a lumberjack with wood feet.

Nucky

If 50M is really the sort of fee needed to land Laporte I'd prefer we turn our attention to cheaper options like Samuel Umtiti, who has the added bonus of being able to cover left back.

50M is a lot but on the other side he is 21 years old and we would get a defender for at least 10 years. Wich means 5M a year for Laporte. He is very talented young defender. Benatia was overpriced for a 28 year old with one good season in Roma.

Alarcón

50M is a lot but on the other side he is 21 years old and we would get a defender for at least 10 years. Wich means 5M a year for Laporte. He is very talented young defender. Benatia was overpriced for a 28 year old with one good season in Roma.

We don't know whether Laporte is really that good right now. 50 million is too much money to spend on a defender who might turn out not to be starter material.

Nucky

We don't know whether Laporte is really that good right now. 50 million is too much money to spend on a defender who might turn out not to be starter material.

Sometimes you need to risk a little. I know 50M is a lot of money, specially for a defender but on the other hand if you divide 50m in 10 years? Then it's not soo much anymore.

khaled_a_d

Benatia was 27 ,that is a defender in his prime with at least 6-7 good years ahead of him .for 27M he was bargain
And while Benatia had only one good season _many would beg to differ and say he was gr8 with Udinese _ Laporte is yet to have that good season
I agree with Alarcón ,50M for a "he is gonna be gr8" is too much .we have taken that risk with 3 CBs in 20009&2009 with Henrique (costed us 8M) ,Caceres (costed us 16M) and Chygrynskiy (25M) .quit frankly their fourth and cheapest was the one to be successful

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Sometimes you need to risk a little. I know 50M is a lot of money, specially for a defender but on the other hand if you divide 50m in 10 years? Then it's not soo much anymore.

If we spend 50M on Laporte and take a risk:
1. if he turns out well, we won a player for 10 seasons
2. if he turns out to be a next Bartra or something, we will lose money, we will lose some time, a lots of points and maybe titles (we will surely give him 2-3 seasons to adapt) and potentially we will lose 50M to spend on some better or more proven prospect in the meantime

So, yes, it could turn out to be awesome.
But also, signings like that can ruin (cost us titles) our club for 2-3 seasons.

When you buy such expensive players, you just "have" to play them.
They can turn to be the next Neymar or Suarez.
But they can also turn into the next Cesc or Alexis.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For what reason anyone would even talk about Laporte is beyond me.
He is poor this season and hasn't impressed in last and to top it all comes with a release clause of 50 mil. + taxes.

And then there's an issue with Barca finances (or lack of) and pending renewals of both Neymar and Messi that are due this year.

Unless Barto makes a new deal with Qatar and/or sells the stadium rights there is no way in hell we are splashing entire budget on average defender.

Jombi

Better to buy proven La Liga quality like Sidnei from Depor who will be on bosman in the summer (and plays like a God) and spice it up with a younger and highly talented CB like Samuel Umtiti who is already better than Laporte and better with the ball. We can probably get Umtiti for 20m and with Sidnei for free, we are set.

Musacchio should be the alternative transfer target to those two IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans