Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Messi+Eto

Mathieu was not a mistake. He helped us last season and we wouldn't have won Clasico without him.
He was 5-10 mil. overpriced but surely not a mistake.

No, definitely not a mistake. . . More like a catastrophic blunder of a decision!

raskolnikov

No, definitely not a mistake. . . More like a catastrophic blunder of a decision!

Could be worse though, he played well as a cb in the first half of the season and scored two crucial goals against Real and Celta which heped us win la liga.
Matthieu is a back up isnt as terrible as lb we did overpay though. Could have gotten him a year before at 8 mil.

Jombi

He was garbage in Benfica for 3 seasons. He evolved but he´s nowhere near Barça material. Mathieu was already a mistake. Let´s buy few but really good.

Thiago Silva was also rubbish in Russia. Time to update yourself. This aint 2012. He has been amazing in La Liga for close to 2 seasons now. And watch his game against us. Absolute monster. Getting such a quality player for free would be very, very low risk.

Jombi

Yeah, I think Mathieu is a fine backup CB, overpriced though. But people shouldnt judge players based on positions they are forced to play against their will. Let's see you getting mocked by playing as defensive mid, when you are a striker. It's freakin' hard.

M

Messi+Eto

Bullshit.
Mathieu is a perfectly fine backup CB whom I completely trust to start big games whenever necessary.

Elephantshit!
Good thing you personalized your statement and actually stated YOU trust him.
I am yet to see a defender as clumsy in recent time. Closest thing I can think of is Titus Bramble, not as bad as Bramble but definitely as clumsy.

Jombi

Marcos Alonso from Fiorentina also has an expiring contract this summer. Could be a good backup LB for us. Sidnei and Marcos Alonso for free would be splendid. Feghouli could be useful on the right wing as well. We dont really need much reinforcements this summer with Rafinha, Roberto and Arda all ready for midfield and we have 5 CBs, none of which are bad as squad players.

Maybe we need someone like Sofiane Boufal from Lille or Thomas Lemar from Monaco as a versatile forward option. But we have Vidal now and Arda can play there too with Halilovic taking important steps (but probably not ready this summer for a comeback).

I dont see exactly what we need to spend big money on.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
He has been having the most shocking of seasons. The down turn in his form from last season to this season has been shocking

Same could be said of all of Chelseas players though. For free i think he'd be worth a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans