Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to buy proven La Liga quality like Sidnei from Depor who will be on bosman in the summer (and plays like a God) and spice it up with a younger and highly talented CB like Samuel Umtiti who is already better than Laporte and better with the ball. We can probably get Umtiti for 20m and with Sidnei for free, we are set.

Musacchio should be the alternative transfer target to those two IMO.

you watch both lyon and athletic ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
'Laporte is average', 'Laporte hasn't performed well for a long time' etc...

Yet many of the Athletic Bilbao fans count on him as their best defender and one of their best players of 2015...

http://www.aupaathletic.com/foros/replicas.asp?id=7154160

I guess 90% of the 'Laporte is average and hasn't performed for a long time' bandwagon here who barely watch Athletic and Laporte play knows a lot more than them though.... :coffee:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yet many of the Athletic Bilbao fans count on him as their best defender and one of their best players of 2015...

I guess 90% of the 'Laporte is average and hasn't performed for a long time' bandwagon here who barely watch Athletic and Laporte play knows a lot more than them though.... :coffee:

Being Bilbaos best defender doesn't have to contradict people thinking he makes too many mistakes or is not at moment worth 50m.

I have seen him plenty and seen him live this season and think he has everything to be a top defender but makes a lot of errors and paying 50m is a risk for a player that wouldn't get in starting line up at moment.

Personally prefer Stones who also can be rash at times but think he will go on to be better player.

Assuming that is the fans naming their top three players in that link the majority don't seem to have him as one of thier top performers?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Different standards between Barca fans and Bilbao fans

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Better to buy proven La Liga quality like Sidnei from Depor who will be on bosman in the summer (and plays like a God) and spice it up with a younger and highly talented CB like Samuel Umtiti who is already better than Laporte and better with the ball. We can probably get Umtiti for 20m and with Sidnei for free, we are set.

Yeah I think we should keep an eye on Musacchio, he played quite well so far despite being 5 months out with injury.

raki

Sidnei? Are you serious? The brazilian garbage Sidnei'

Xavinho

Sidnei? Are you serious? The brazilian garbage Sidnei'

"Garbage" seems to be very harsh on a player who by all the accounts I've seen in the Spanish press has been having a very good season. I can't say I've seen a lot of their games recently, but whoscored has Sidnei down as Depor's highest rated player, and according to Squawka he compares very favourably with our defenders.

raki

"Garbage" seems to be very harsh on a player who by all the accounts I've seen in the Spanish press has been having a very good season. I can't say I've seen a lot of their games recently, but whoscored has Sidnei down as Depor's highest rated player, and according to Squawka he compares very favourably with our defenders.

He was garbage in Benfica for 3 seasons. He evolved but he´s nowhere near Barça material. Mathieu was already a mistake. Let´s buy few but really good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mathieu was not a mistake. He helped us last season and we wouldn't have won Clasico without him.
He was 5-10 mil. overpriced but surely not a mistake.

Neymessi

Mathieu was not a mistake. He helped us last season and we wouldn't have won Clasico without him.
He was 5-10 mil. overpriced but surely not a mistake.

iirc he was 20 mil and barca only agreed to it because he took a wage cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans