Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucky

If we spend 50M on Laporte and take a risk:
1. if he turns out well, we won a player for 10 seasons
2. if he turns out to be a next Bartra or something, we will lose money, we will lose some time, a lots of points and maybe titles (we will surely give him 2-3 seasons to adapt) and potentially we will lose 50M to spend on some better or more proven prospect in the meantime

So, yes, it could turn out to be awesome.
But also, signings like that can ruin (cost us titles) our club for 2-3 seasons.

When you buy such expensive players, you just "have" to play them.
They can turn to be the next Neymar or Suarez.
But they can also turn into the next Cesc or Alexis.

Every transfer is a risk, either is for 50M or for 20M. Today young talents cost a lot. For example look at Martial (Man Utd). They paid similar price for him and he turned out good. Future for the club. And with our current squad I don't think it will cost us titles if we sign Laporte. The team is just too good to go trophyless, we aren't Real Madrid after all :p

khaled_a_d

Every transfer is a risk, either is for 50M or for 20M. Today young talents cost a lot. For example look at Martial (Man Utd). They paid similar price for him and he turned out good. Future for the club. And with our current squad I don't think it will cost us titles if we sign Laporte. The team is just too good to go trophyless, we aren't Real Madrid after all :p

There is a risk ,and there is a calculated risk
Laporte is the 1st not the 2nd
And no ,young players doesn't cost a lot .look at Halilovic and D.Suarez as they both came really cheap
We aren't Manu to pay 50M for a youngster . We have debts and Espai Barca to pay .
You don't make a player like Laporte the most expensive defender in the history of the game and say it is a risk like signing a player for 20M
Laporte ship has sailed when he kept renewing and raising his buyout clause .he will enjoy staying at Bilbao and then PL with such buyout clause

serghei

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION], I can agree with that tbh.

It is important to position ourselves on the market as a prestige club. That is our main draw. We are Barca, the dream-team. You do everything to get there as a player, not the other way around.

Who does not think FC Barcelona is the pinnacle of club football today should stay out, and go play for the oil clubs. It is a position of pride, yes, but a pride well earned. We need to stick with that and build on it. Don't lose that pride for anyone.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Khaled is right.
And you can't bully Bilbao to sell. We could't do it with Valencia either.

Yeah, by all means see what players have year or two on contract and apply pressure but with Shitty, P$G, Chelski, Mancs and others offering astronomical bids and wages it's gotten way more complicated than in Pep era.

khaled_a_d

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION], I can agree with that tbh.

It is important to position ourselves on the market as a prestige club. That is our main draw. We are Barca, the dream-team. You do everything to get there as a player, not the other way around.

Who does not think FC Barcelona is the pinnacle of club football today should stay out, and go play for the oil clubs. It is a position of pride, yes, but a pride well earned. We need to stick with that and build on it. Don't lose that pride for anyone.

Well,you always need mixed routes ,you always have to pay to either get gr8 players or retain them .but we should be careful with what we pay and yes we always need to get players who will force there way to Barca
A good examples are Rakitic & Suarez .Rakitic forced his way and came cheaply while Suarez costed a lot but was worth every penny

Now if I am gonna use it with percentages (feeling that I am affected by BBZ :lol: ) you have to calculate the risk
for example Laporte could be gr8 deal because he could be a good starter in 1-2 years and he could stay at the club for another 8-10 years as many CBs can continue to that age
But he isn't at that level and has stagnated for a while .so if we say the chance of his success to failure is 50%-50% then I won't take the risk for 50M +taxes.may be for 20-35M at most
With Suarez ,there was very little chance he won't succeed ,he was already the world best striker and a top 2 league best player and still at his prime at the age of 27 with 3-4 years in the tank .I would say the chances of his success was more of 80 or 90% (needless to say those numbers are a bit random)

anguy

He won't cost 50mil. He will cost 50M PLUS taxes - that's at least 70!!!!! mil. And Bilbao won't be rational - they won't sell him to us for let's say 55 mil to earn more and help us avoid taxes, I assure you. That's way way too much. I would be hesitant to pay that much for even proven young WC CB. Not only would it ruin our finances, it would put enormous pressure on his shoulders (think Bale in Real - he is decent player for them, but because of his pricetag he is considered a flop).

Martial is a striker - offensive players always cost more.

Nucky

He won't cost 50mil. He will cost 50M PLUS taxes - that's at least 70!!!!! mil. And Bilbao won't be rational - they won't sell him to us for let's say 55 mil to earn more and help us avoid taxes, I assure you. That's way way too much. I would be hesitant to pay that much for even proven young WC CB. Not only would it ruin our finances, it would put enormous pressure on his shoulders (think Bale in Real - he is decent player for them, but because of his pricetag he is considered a flop).

Martial is a striker - offensive players always cost more.

The point with Martial was that United also took a risk and payed 55M for a 19 year old unexperienced player with one solid season and he turned out great. If we didn't ruin our finances with 60M Neymar, 80M Suarez then hell we won't ruin it with Laporte. Yes with taxes he would cost around 70M but he is like what? 21? If we can get for example 10 years out of him then thats 7M per year. And every player that puts Barca's shirt on and plays on Camp Nou is under pressure. Some more, some less but the pressure is always present. Of course there are also other options, I'm not sayin we should stick only with Laporte and buy him right away. Marquinhos is unhappy with his status at PSG, we wanted to sign him 2 years ago but PSG got him. Perhaps him? Also young, talented defender and would be cheaper than Laporte.

anguy

The point with Martial was that United also took a risk and payed 55M for a 19 year old unexperienced player with one solid season and he turned out great. If we didn't ruin our finances with 60M Neymar, 80M Suarez then hell we won't ruin it with Laporte. Yes with taxes he would cost around 70M but he is like what? 21? If we can get for example 10 years out of him then thats 7M per year. And every player that puts Barca's shirt on and plays on Camp Nou is under pressure. Some more, some less but the pressure is always present. Of course there are also other options, I'm not sayin we should stick only with Laporte and buy him right away. Marquinhos is unhappy with his status at PSG, we wanted to sign him 2 years ago but PSG got him. Perhaps him? Also young, talented defender and would be cheaper than Laporte.

Well, again forwards cost extra. They are often difference makers and are a lot more marketable. Neymar was an expensive risk, but he was hottest young prospect in the world back then and already a leader of Brazil national team. Laporte is CB, he is not hottest young prospect and is not leader of french NT. I'd rather have Marquinhos yes, but I'd pay max 50 mil for him, not a cent more.

And I can assure you the pressure on someone who costs 70 mil is far far worse than on someone who costs 30 mil. It's not enough to be merely good. If you are not elite and elite immediately fans and media will eat you alive.

MaxY

Devil May Cry

He wouldn't be cheaper,it's PSG.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I was reading about transfers of Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera and there is nothing about 50% tax, in fact reports say that Javi Martinez even took a pay cut so he actually cost 30M for Bayern. I think it's possible to avoid that tax, although 50M is still too much.

Nucky

Well, again forwards cost extra. They are often difference makers and are a lot more marketable. Neymar was an expensive risk, but he was hottest young prospect in the world back then and already a leader of Brazil national team. Laporte is CB, he is not hottest young prospect and is not leader of french NT. I'd rather have Marquinhos yes, but I'd pay max 50 mil for him, not a cent more.

And I can assure you the pressure on someone who costs 70 mil is far far worse than on someone who costs 30 mil. It's not enough to be merely good. If you are not elite and elite immediately fans and media will eat you alive.

I know fowards cost extra, the point was they took a risk and signed him. Like I said it's no urgent to sign him, one of possible CBs we should be looking at. Marquinhos is also young defender who could give us some years.

The pressure is always present if you are Barcelona player, some more, some less but the pressure is always there.

He wouldn't be cheaper,it's PSG.

I'm sure he would be cheaper than Laporte. Unhappy,not first team player..

Marqui would never be sold for less than 40m and that's being optimistic.

There's only a very thin chance the door will even be open for him and if that's the case we should negotiate but we absolutely can't make him our only option and better start looking heavily at Stones or any other young cb other than laporte / marquinhos.

xXKonan

According to Fernando Polo (MD Journalist).

Douglas and Sandro will be sold this window to raise funds.

[tw]684142012023619585[/tw]

JamDav1982

Sandro can still develop into good player.

I agree but can't see it at Barca. He is a direct CF but won't get a chance there at Barca all that much.

Best thing for his career to move on really.

Don't think room for him or Munir next season even after January if players taken in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans