Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Would rather get Fazio/Laporte/Musaccio. Luiz would be overpriced and Mou won't sell to us.

Fazio is not good enough and not the type of defender needed.

Mussachio is decent but probably not good enough for Barca.

Laporte has the quality but he is still young and Ath Bilbao wont let him go below 40m. If they are to pay that kind of money they need someone more established for now.

PhilS

Would rather get Fazio/Laporte/Musaccio. Luiz would be overpriced and Mou won't sell to us.

I thought that Mou wouldn't sell to the other top PL teams, either. So, it's really hard to predict who he might sell to whom.
But I really don't think Chelsea is going to sell Luiz to anyone. Luiz gets the whole team and all the fans fired up by the way he plays. That's just worth too much. I think he has earned a regular starting spot now as DM. That's a lot less risky place to play him, and he has been doing fine work there recently. Even though Mou did not want to play him there.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Laporte is too pricey and a target Barca can't rely on getting. Fazio is good but slow and a specific-needs CB which doesn't make him the well rounded defender we'd require in a transfer. Musacchio seems the most logical and he's been performing very well for Villareal, definitely Barca material.

JamDav1982

Laporte is too pricey and a target Barca can't rely on getting. Fazio is good but slow and a specific-needs CB which doesn't make him the well rounded defender we'd require in a transfer. Musacchio seems the most logical and he's been performing very well for Villareal, definitely Barca material.

You really rate Mussachio that highly?

I think he is a good defender but not what Barca need.

Not the tall or powerful defender that the team need for me.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You really rate Mussachio that highly?

I think he is a good defender but not what Barca need.

Not the tall or powerful defender that the team need for me.

I'm not saying he'd be our best defender or anything like that, but quality is quality and he has the attributes we can use to have a very solid rotation system for CB's. He doesn't need to already have highest merits to be a good player. Would you have said Masch was a good future CB when he was at West Ham, or Kompany when he was at Hamburg? The same could be applied for a numerous amount of players (Ramos, Dante, Vidic, etc.) who weren't already at the highest level of CB's before getting snapped up, then their quality was nurtured and used correctly. If a player like Mussachio (who has no glaring flaws or instability) is developed and used well, there's nothing wrong in saying that he could be good for us.

We have height in Pique and both Bartra and Musacchio have good aerial ability. Both are physically good enough too, but rely on intelligence. Musacchio isn't extremely tall or powerful, but he's well rounded in his attributes which is what a versatile backup CB needs to be. I'd say he's a bit better than Bartra currently, more well rounded than Masch, and he's young too.

Going forward we'll slowly ween Masch out of our CB rotation as he ages, Bartra will grow and be starter alongside Pique, and then Musacchio will be in the mix to provide good depth and competition. The likes of Laporte or Doria are amazing prospects for starting and being central figures, but we don't really lack those kinds of players (Bartra and Pique can be a very great partnership, and there are 2-3 Juvenil A guys in the long term who have high potential).

JamDav1982

I'm not saying he'd be our best defender or anything like that, but quality is quality and he has the attributes we can use to have a very solid rotation system for CB's. He doesn't need to already have highest merits to be a good player. Would you have said Masch was a good future CB when he was at West Ham, or Kompany when he was at Hamburg? The same could be applied for a numerous amount of players (Ramos, Dante, Vidic, etc.) who weren't already at the highest level of CB's before getting snapped up, then their quality was nurtured and used correctly. If a player like Mussachio (who has no glaring flaws or instability) is developed and used well, there's nothing wrong in saying that he could be good for us.

We have height in Pique and both Bartra and Musacchio have good aerial ability. Both are physically good enough too, but rely on intelligence. Musacchio isn't extremely tall or powerful, but he's well rounded in his attributes which is what a versatile backup CB needs to be. I'd say he's a bit better than Bartra currently, more well rounded than Masch, and he's young too.

Going forward we'll slowly ween Masch out of our CB rotation as he ages, Bartra will grow and be starter alongside Pique, and then Musacchio will be in the mix to provide good depth and competition. The likes of Laporte or Doria are amazing prospects for starting and being central figures, but we don't really lack those kinds of players (Bartra and Pique can be a very great partnership, and there are 2-3 Juvenil A guys in the long term who have high potential).

I am not so sure, do like Mussachio but just don't see him being the type of player needed and I doubt they will move for him unless as a fall back option.

It just seems like he is similar to so many other players - in particular cbs - they are linked to the club and suddenly people start wanting them here. Despite there barley ever being a mention of the player before that.

The worst for this must have been the likes of Vergini!

F

Flavia

I am not so sure, do like Mussachio but just don't see him being the type of player needed and I doubt they will move for him unless as a fall back option.

It just seems like he is similar to so many other players - in particular cbs - they are linked to the club and suddenly people start wanting them here. Despite there barley ever being a mention of the player before that.

The worst for this must have been the likes of Vergini!

Who'd be the cb of your choice for Barça?

Howes

I'd love David Luiz at Barca, he's probably one of the best ball playing defenders going. He's no replacement for Puyol, but he's a solid defender who's physicality, heading and long shots are exactly what Barcelona will go for.
It's clear that Mourinho doesn't rate him, Chelsea have signed Matic and look Likely to sign Zouma, pushing Luiz further out. for the right price I think he'd be a great signing, no more then £20mil. Barcelona have been tracking him for years, next summer will be the time to move,

fcbdna

Banned
In what order he's not Barca quality and hyped product, his performances don't show that. And seriously where the hell do you see that he's not a regular starter for Bayern, he's almost starting all of the games for them.

I think that you're either blind or want to show like you're a supposed to be good fan that praises all the time his players. Fabregas was never and won't be a central midfielder who will control the tempo of the game, his performances have proved that longtime ago. He's slow and not really confortable in closed tight areas to do so. Also you're forgetting that he's performing his best in his natural position as attacking midfielder being one of the best final passers in the world providing many assists.

Your whole post smells like fanboysm who doesn't want to speak the truth about a player who plays for a team that passed throught us last season. And finds the opportunity to praise one of our players over him even if their jobs are not similar. But just for the bash of it right?
ce.
My post might smell of fanboyism, but yours reeks of ignorance! What does Kroos have to offer apart from side passes and long range shots? Not a good dribbler, his legs are wobbly on the ball, and has serious self confidence issues. It might interest you to know that he played in the same U17 world cup as Bojan I have monitored him since then and haven't seen him develop into the player he is touted to be. I believe Emre Can is a much better player in that position but not Barca qaulity either. Kroos is more like Lampard not Xavi at all!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans