Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Reina is not an option anymore because he'd want to join as first goalkeeper, while Barcelona wanted him as second, behind Ter Stegen. [md]

That is good news.

Zebulun

Sitting idly as chelsea gets zouma, mancity gets mangala and fernando. hope we at least get dede before he gets snapped up. :shakeshead:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Reina is not an option anymore because he'd want to join as first goalkeeper, while Barcelona wanted him as second, behind Ter Stegen. [md]

That is good news.

Yeah, that was always going to be the only sticking point - whether he accepted being a mentor and understandably, he feels he's still a 1st choice keeper

Trickykid

Sitting idly as chelsea gets zouma, mancity gets mangala and fernando. hope we at least get dede before he gets snapped up. :shakeshead:

I'm not so sure a young expensive defender should be on our agenda at all, to be honest. I mean, Pique is and should be an undisputed starter, and then we have Bartra who could be the real deal after all. He may not be a starter this season, but it wouldn't be too far fetched calling him a serious contender for next season. I agree that we could indeed use another cb, but I'd prefer someone experienced, who could challenge for a spot at once, but not take away Bartra's chances in the long run. Of course nothing is certain, but I'd at least give untill summer, where we should have a clearer idea of just how far Bartra can take it.

If we signed someone like Dede, how would you play it out between Pique, Bartra and him (I'm of course not even counting Masch, as I suppose you, like many others, don't rate him at all)?

Zebulun

I'm not so sure a young expensive defender should be on our agenda at all, to be honest. I mean, Pique is and should be an undisputed starter, and then we have Bartra who could be the real deal after all. He may not be a starter this season, but it wouldn't be too far fetched calling him a serious contender for next season. I agree that we could indeed use another cb, but I'd prefer someone experienced, who could challenge for a spot at once, but not take away Bartra's chances in the long run. Of course nothing is certain, but I'd at least give untill summer, where we should have a clearer idea of just how far Bartra can take it.

If we signed someone like Dede, how would you play it out between Pique, Bartra and him (I'm of course not even counting Masch, as I suppose you, like many others, don't rate him at all)?

Well considering the fact that we have a history of overpaying for players and this is an absolute need, money really shouldn't be an issue. I've read reports lately that said Dede's selling price was less than 23 mil, which for me is a steal. I agree that pique is starter material, but as a big club we can't be held ransom to a player if he feels to give 50% of his ability. At the moment we only have two natural CB's pique and Bartra. We dont want to see song, adriano or any other makeshift CB's, I love Masch because he gives 100% all the time and when he fails its hardly from a lack of effort, but height and positioning. so based on everything said, Bartra and pique can't play over 60 games a season without being burnt out. so he will get game Time.

KhaledBarca

That is good news.

I don't understand why Barcelona fans hate Reina so much!!
He's 10 times better than any of the names mentioned by MD today... Also, he's going to be our 2nd Gk, he knows the club, friends with most of our players and has a lot of experience which we need since our other Gk will be Ter stegan!

Zebulun

He's 10 times better than any of the names mentioned by MD today... Also, he's going to be our 2nd Gk, he knows the club, friends with most of our players and has a lot of experience which we need since our other Gk will be Ter stegan!

10 times better, hmm don't agree with you on that one. he makes alot of mistakes and falls asleep in games. I'd go with Kiko Casilla!

Galning

Reina wants to be the first goalkeeper.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Pepe Reina hasn't been at his best for a few seasons now. I would've taken him in his prime in a heartbeat to replace Valdes, but not now.

BarçAjax8

Wow so Chelsea sign Kurt Zouma today but we still haven't got another CB.
I've been talking about Zouma for months and yet another promising young CB goes to another club.

Our board/scouting/signing are terrible. Seriously

Trickykid

Wow so Chelsea sign Kurt Zouma today but we still haven't got another CB.
I've been talking about Zouma for months and yet another promising young CB goes to another club.

Our board/scouting/signing are terrible. Seriously

Bugger Zubi for not listening to your advice!

Nah, in all seriousness, I don't think we need a cb this winter. We're doing well, and a summer signing should be our objective.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

:rofl1:

I've been talking about Kim Kallstrom for years, but now yet another possible replacement for Xavi goes to another club. Why won't they ever listen to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans