Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patty2720

Trouble is we need to spend a fortune in the Summer just to TRY and catch up with the worlds best teams ... I reckon we are lagging behind Bayern / Real Madrid / PSG maybe even Man City already :(

A fortune? not necessarily. Barca needs to be smart, and spend their money well. I suggest this.

Buy
Ter Stegen - 12m
David Luiz - 30m
Javi Martínez - 30m
Jackson Martínez 30m
Total = 102m

Sell
Alex Song - 20m
Javier Mascherano - 20m
Cristian Tello - 10m
Sergi Roberto - 8m
Ibrahim Afellay - 10m
Jonathan dos Santos - 4m
Isaac Cuenca - 4m
Total - 76m

Back from Loan
Deulofeu
Rafinha

So this is how our team would look like.

Ter Stegen
Pinto

Piqué
Luiz
Bartra
Puyol
Alba
Adriano
Alves
Montoya

Busquets
Martinez
Iniesta
Xavi
Fabregas
Rafinha

Messi
Neymar
Alexis
Pedro
Martinez
Deulofeu

DinhoR10

A fortune? not necessarily. Barca needs to be smart, and spend their money well. I suggest this.

Buy
Ter Stegen - 12m
David Luiz - 30m
Javi Martínez - 30m
Jackson Martínez 30m
Total = 102m

Sell
Alex Song - 20m
Javier Mascherano - 20m
Cristian Tello - 10m
Sergi Roberto - 8m
Ibrahim Afellay - 10m
Jonathan dos Santos - 4m
Isaac Cuenca - 4m
Total - 76m

Back from Loan
Deulofeu
Rafinha

So this is how our team would look like.

Ter Stegen
Pinto

Piqué
Luiz
Bartra
Puyol
Alba
Adriano
Alves
Montoya

Busquets
Martinez
Iniesta
Xavi
Fabregas
Rafinha

Messi
Neymar
Alexis
Pedro
Martinez
Deulofeu

Afellay aint going for anywhere near 10m

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
30m for David Luiz is a bit too much, don't you think? Especially considering that you might and just might get someone like Mehdi Benatia for the same amount or perhaps with a couple mill more added.

P

Patty2720

30m for David Luiz is a bit too much, don't you think? Especially considering that you might and just might get someone like Mehdi Benatia for the same amount or perhaps with a couple mill more added.
Goddamn, everybody is talking so highly of Benatia, but I have not had a chance to see him play... :(

BarçAjax8

You might get that with a new board. Certainly not with this current board. They can't even be bothered to buy a CB or Striker.

and that's the most disheartening thing about the whole situation. We all know what's needed but the board won't do much about it.

Buy a CB & Striker; a quality team like FC Barcelona should not be playing without either.
Cuenca & JDS should be sent on loan to see if they can be salvaged but Song, Tello and Bojan are surplus players who should be sold to raise funds.

I sincerely hope ter Stegen won't be our only signing this summer as it would only be because the board has no choice. Not because the actually want to reinforce the team.

khaled_a_d

Buy
Ter Stegen - 12m
David Luiz - 30m
Javi Martínez - 30m
Jackson Martínez 30m
Total = 102m

Sell
Alex Song - 20m
Javier Mascherano - 20m
Cristian Tello - 10m
Sergi Roberto - 8m
Ibrahim Afellay - 10m
Jonathan dos Santos - 4m
Isaac Cuenca - 4m
Total - 76m

Back from Loan
Deulofeu
Rafinha

Keep dreaming ,Javi Martínez ain't leaving Bayern. they never sell a player unless they feel they have no need for him never mind they paid 40M for him
Jackson might cost 30M,but it will need a great management to negotiate with Porto with no other team competing with us,also 30M is way too much for plan B striker
Ibi,JDS&Cuenca have been injured for long time,they haven't been able to show anything for teams interested and their contracts ends next season,If we get 4M for all 3 players I would call it good job,their values in the market is at its worst and we just need to save their wages at least
Also,a 30 years old Masch won't get you 20,Song won't be sold with more than what we bought him for
Honestly,if the management decided we need to make big purchases this summer,either risk and make big splashes or we have to sell

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We need to refresh the squad a bit this summer. Reinforcements in nearly every area of the field are needed, in order of descending importance from GK to CB to RB to CM to CDM to CF.

IN
1st GK: Ter Stegen
2nd GK: Moya/Casilla
Starting CB: Benatia
Backup CB (Maybe): Lovren / Otamendi
RB: De Sciglio / Carlos Martinez / Danilo
CDM: Enzo Perez
CM: Ilkay Gundogan / Borja Valero
ST: Oscar Cardozo / Miroslav Klose

Deulo and Rafa return from loan. Masip is promoted.

Out
Valdes
Alves
Mascherano
Puyol (if he retires)
Song
Jonathan Dos Santos
Sergi Roberto (on loan if he doesn't make use of his chances)
Cuenca
Oier
Tello (On loan preferably)

Denis Suarez, Jean Marie Dongou, Franck Bagnack, and Sergi Samper (if Eusebio isn't fired) are promoted and loaned to Luis Enrique at Celta de Vigo, Frank de Boer at Ajax, or Roberto Martinez at Everton.

Squad: (1) Ter Stegen, (2) Montoya, (3) Pique, (4) Fabregas, (5) Bartra, (6) Xavi, (7) Pedro, (8) Iniesta, (9) Sanchez, (10) Messi, (11) Neymar, (12) Rafa, (13) Moya/Casilla, (14) Gundogan/Valero, (15) Perez, (16) Busquets, (17) Benatia, (18) Alba, (19) Carlos Martinez/De Sciglio, (20) Deulofeu, (21) Adriano, (22) Otamendi/Lovren, (23) Afellay, (24) Klose/Cardozo, (25) Masip.

mazp

We need to refresh the squad a bit this summer. Reinforcements in nearly every area of the field are needed, in order of descending importance from GK to CB to RB to CM to CDM to CF.

IN
1st GK: Ter Stegen
2nd GK: Moya/Casilla
Starting CB: Benatia
Backup CB (Maybe): Lovren / Otamendi
RB: De Sciglio / Carlos Martinez / Danilo
CDM: Enzo Perez
CM: Ilkay Gundogan / Borja Valero
ST: Oscar Cardozo / Miroslav Klose

Deulo and Rafa return from loan. Masip is promoted.

Out
Valdes
Alves
Mascherano
Puyol (if he retires)
Song
Jonathan Dos Santos
Sergi Roberto (on loan if he doesn't make use of his chances)
Cuenca
Oier
Tello (On loan preferably)

Denis Suarez, Jean Marie Dongou, Franck Bagnack, and Sergi Samper (if Eusebio isn't fired) are promoted and loaned to Luis Enrique at Celta de Vigo, Frank de Boer at Ajax, or Roberto Martinez at Everton.

Squad: (1) Ter Stegen, (2) Montoya, (3) Pique, (4) Fabregas, (5) Bartra, (6) Xavi, (7) Pedro, (8) Iniesta, (9) Sanchez, (10) Messi, (11) Neymar, (12) Rafa, (13) Moya/Casilla, (14) Gundogan/Valero, (15) Perez, (16) Busquets, (17) Benatia, (18) Alba, (19) Carlos Martinez/De Sciglio, (20) Deulofeu, (21) Adriano, (22) Otamendi/Lovren, (23) Afellay, (24) Klose/Cardozo, (25) Masip.

That's too much work for :zubi: can't really see that happening with him.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
An overhaul is indeed necessary, I don't think most of our players have declined, they've just lost the hunger that you need to play for a club like Barca. Btw when I say overhaul it doesn't necessarily mean i want to sabotage the whole team, it just means there is a need to sign a couple of top players who would come in with the potential to replace any non performer in the first 11.

Last edited:

mazp

I don't buy the theory of players losing hunger or motivation. These are paid professionals, who have for the most part, have had a winning mentality and tasted tremendous success. That doesn't go away easily. I'd do buy the theory that some players are saving themselves for the World Cup though...

Barcilliant

MY FIRST buy would be Arturo Vidal-without a doubt. We lack leadership on the field at the moment. Too many nice guys and passive characters do NOT make a winning team.

Vidal IS a leader and a fantastic player. Monster work rate, scores goals, excellent tackler-leads from the front. Would be like having a young Puyol in midfield.

As far as sales go-

Alex Song - 15m
Javier Mascherano - 14m
Cristian Tello - 10m
Sergi Roberto - 3m
Ibrahim Afellay - 2m
Jonathan dos Santos - 1m
Isaac Cuenca - 2m
Total - 47m

NO way will you get 76 million for those players. Will be lucky to hit 50 million.

We clearly overspent on Neymar. A damn pity as the money could have been put to better use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans